Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fahrenheit and Passion triumph at People's Choice awards

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

**for a movie that toasts a lot "bs" (according to the conservatives), people chose it as best film. hmmm. the irony.

Two contentious films, Fahrenheit 9/11 and The Passion of the Christ, were the big winners at this year's People's Choice awards, chosen by the American public. The very different movies won the best film and best film drama honours respectively.

This was the first year that the public was able to vote online, which was doubtless influential in securing gongs for two films which inspired strong passions among admirers and critics. Twenty-one million votes were cast online.

"To me, really, this is the ultimate goal because one doesn't make work for the elite," said Mel Gibson, director of The Passion. "To me, the people have spoken."

Michael Moore, who directed Fahrenheit 9/11, dedicated his award to the soldiers in Iraq.

"This country is still all of ours, not right or left or Democrat or Republican," Moore told the audience.

Other winners included Shrek 2, which took top film comedy and top animated film, while Johnny Depp was named favourite male movie star. Julia Roberts was top female movie star.

Guest web_norah

don't shoot the messenger....and if the cattle spoke, that was pretty lame that they re-elected Dubya....but who am i to say? the regrets will come later, when everyone tires of the Republican moralistic ruling of the American cattle....(at least i can say in confidence they didnt get my vote. and makes me not part of the cattle!).

You disagree that F/911 contains many mistakes, errors and misrepresentations??? ??? ??? ???

I thought we've been over this...

This is the short version...

http://www.davekopel.org/terror/59Deceits.pdf

If you have time, here is the long version...

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

I am sure it was an entertaining film, let's just be sure we're clear it's got a lot of fiction in it...

Guest JMT

don't shoot the messenger....and if the cattle spoke, that was pretty lame that they re-elected Dubya....but who am i to say? the regrets will come later, when everyone tires of the Republican moralistic ruling of the American cattle....(at least i can say in confidence they didnt get my vote. and makes me not part of the cattle!).

so "cattle" only seem to "speak" when it supports your opinion. shocking.

Guest web_norah

sounds like fair and balanced reporting. i dont waiste my time on that sort of thing............try it with another member of the cattle.

sounds like fair and balanced reporting. i dont waiste my time on that sort of thing............try it with another member of the cattle.

Won't even read it. Just call it what you're told to call it huh?

I didn't think you were the type of person to believe everything you saw...

Guest web_norah

i also dont believe in everything i read

esp if it is fair and balanced type

i also dont believe in everything i read

esp if it is fair and balanced type

You have to read it first.

Guest slamminshaun

Michael Moore is the BEST thing that ever happened to the Republican party. Democrats, if they were smart, would tell this guy to stay out of the spotlight. He's one of the main reasons they keep losing elections. Michael Moore appears to represent the main ideology of the Democrat party, which does not represent the mainstream of American culture. Maybe someday, the Dems will give Joe Lieberman the shot he deserves.....

Guest tres-b

Interesting how two completely different movies took home awards.

Did you see the pic of Moore in the suit and glasses? He still looks like a fat slob.

Good for him for making some $$$ by putting out lies and misinformation. The guy is a smart businessman. His movies are to documentaries what the WWE is to sports.

Guest tres-b

Michael Moore is the BEST thing that ever happened to the Republican party. Democrats' date=' if they were smart, would tell this guy to stay out of the spotlight. He's one of the main reasons they keep losing elections. Michael Moore [u']appears to represent the main ideology of the Democrat party, which does not represent the mainstream of American culture. Maybe someday, the Dems will give Joe Lieberman the shot he deserves.....

100% correct.

The way the Dems treat Lieberman pretty muchs sums up their party.

Guest slamminshaun

His movies are to documentaries what the WWE is to sports.

Wait, do you mean to say that pro wrestling is fake? Aww shucks!! :P

Guest tres-b

His movies are to documentaries what the WWE is to sports.

Wait' date=' do you mean to say that pro wrestling is fake? Aww shucks!! :P

[/quote']

I was shocked when I found out as well.

You disagree that F/911 contains many mistakes, errors and misrepresentations??? ??? ??? ???

I am sure it was an entertaining film, let's just be sure we're clear it's got a lot of fiction in it...

why is it that you take what this guy says as the pure truth? i saw the movie, and read the book. the truth is probably somewhere in the middle of these opposing arguments. it's all "he said, she said", you don't know who is lying/stupid.

i saw mel gibson's acceptance speech, i thought it was funny that he didn't thank God for sending his only begotten son to get tortured and killed for us. and for getting mel richer and richer.

why is it that you take what this guy says as the pure truth? i saw the movie, and read the book. the truth is probably somewhere in the middle of these opposing arguments. it's all "he said, she said", you don't know who is lying/stupid.

i saw mel gibson's acceptance speech, i thought it was funny that he didn't thank God for sending his only begotten son to get tortured and killed for us. and for getting mel richer and richer.

I don't. I just think he points out some of the misleading parts of F911. My only point is that I think it’s important that people see that F911 is not a documentary, but instead a political-spin movie…

Please let me know if you find any of his information to be incorrect. That is just as important to me.

Guest tres-b

There are far too many pieces of F911 that are incorrect. If you make a documentary, you dont have the liberty to create stories/lies that were not there. That is my problem w. the movie. There are too many stories that Moore wanted to tell that were not true.

Guest Cosmigonon

Well, even though I oposse bush politics, I kinda realized 911 seemed waaaay to biased. But that's just my opinion without having seen the actual movie, maybe it'll change, but the trailers alone kept me away from it :-X