Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Door Nazis

Guest Davenavarro10

Guest shannon_coolj.

I love the velvet rope, it's what makes the prestige of the club. These door Nazis you speak of are professionals who have been working in the industry for years. They know when to lift the rope, and who should and shouldn't be allowed in. If only you knew the extensive training that these Nazis you speak of go through. It's a tough tough job, but someones got to do it.

::)

Whatever....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

Honestly, I often wish the door people were more stringent. Nothing like getting all dressed up to go out and then being herded in with a bunch of people who look like they just left their job at Wal-Mart.

And I have no clue what you guys are talking about the blonde at Crobar. She's awesome. Kind of ditzy and get confused easily, but always been extremely cool to us. Maybe it's a different blonde. And the transvestite, Shelly, I think, is hilarious!

As far as any of the others go, being a jerk is often part of the routine. How are they going to make people feel special if they do not make it *seem* difficult to get in? If they want the party to feel exclusive, they have to have some attitude. As far as getting in, just make sure you know the right people and show up with a hot chick. I don't know what the big deal is. Of course, the business being what it is, almost everybody eventually gets in, so I have still be in places like Mansion and Opium with people who look like they came straight from the mall and forgot to change.

Guest Davenavarro10

I do agree that they need to be more stringent in terms of dress codes. I find it funny how some people show up to certain clubs wearing t-shirts. Whenever I go out I try to look nice. I never wear t-shirts, usually a shirt with a collar. But I do think that door people shouldn't be assholes, and should treat people with respect. I can't believe that people would wait over 20 minutes to get in anywhere. If I have to wait more than 10 or 15 minutes to get in anywhere, I'm out of there. And as far as bringing a hot chick. Most of the time the reason guys go to nightclubs is to look for hot chicks. If a guy had a hot chick I would hope he wouldn't take her to a nightclub. That's just asking for trouble.

Guest vegasguy25
As far as any of the others go, being a jerk is often part of the routine. How are they going to make people feel special if they do not make it *seem* difficult to get in? If they want the party to feel exclusive, they have to have some attitude.

So you're saying you actually advocate doormen giving bad customer service to patrons? Nice attitude bro. There is a way to regulate the crowd, enforce dress codes, etc., without being a jerk. You would do well to recognize that. And to suggest that you think people actually want to be treated poorly because it makes them feel special, well, that simply makes no sense.

Guest web_norah

i say there is noone more fierce at the door than Alan T or Christine.

or the little italian dude from BED.

the rest is all a bunch of *****

Guest coach
As far as any of the others go, being a jerk is often part of the routine. How are they going to make people feel special if they do not make it *seem* difficult to get in? If they want the party to feel exclusive, they have to have some attitude.

So you're saying you actually advocate doormen giving bad customer service to patrons? Nice attitude bro. There is a way to regulate the crowd, enforce dress codes, etc., without being a jerk. You would do well to recognize that. And to suggest that you think people actually want to be treated poorly because it makes them feel special, well, that simply makes no sense.

It depends on the crowd that the club wants to bring in, of course. If you've noticed, those nasty doorpeople are not nasty to everybody. I'm just saying that they do it to make the people that they do let in feel more "special". Not all clubs do it, just some. I mean, there's so much diversity in the South Florida club scene, there is almost something for everyone. So, I really don't see the point of complaining about the few that you don't like. Just don't go to those. There are plenty others that you will like.

To a certain extent, I agree about the rude doormen. You can do your job and be professional about it. Some of these door fags are just blatantly rude and have no class to speak of. However, Let's all remember that club owners are running a business before anything and they cannot let just any moron or thug in. Sometimes they can be a liability. In my opinion, the door fags at Mansion are the worst in south beach. That is the reason I never support or recommend their venue. And I won't show up with 15 chicks just so they can let me in. Because once I'm in they still won't appreciate my presence or the dollars I spend in their club. They can care less. I support clubs that show respect to their patrons. But Slave Navarro, you have issues man. ???

Guest rollyp66

What do you guys think about the doorman at Oxygen? I'm not sure, but I think his name is David.

David is aight in my book too....

Guest coach

To a certain extent' date=' I agree about the rude doormen. You can do your job and be professional about it. Some of these door fags are just blatantly rude and have no class to speak of. However, Let's all remember that club owners are running a business before anything and they cannot let just any moron or thug in. Sometimes they can be a liability. In my opinion, the door fags at Mansion are the worst in south beach. That is the reason I never support or recommend their venue. And I won't show up with 15 chicks just so they can let me in. Because once I'm in they still won't appreciate my presence or the dollars I spend in their club. They can care less. I support clubs that show respect to their patrons. But Slave Navarro, you have issues man. ???

[/quote']But, you have to admit that, even though you don't go to Mansion, they do seem to be doing okay, even though a lot of people here do not like the doormen. And that's all I'm saying, different strokes for different folks. Why complain about Mansion when you can just go to Crobar or Amika or Space, instead? So, yeah, some of the door people are raging assholes, but then again, some people like that. If you like it, go to those clubs, if you don't like it, go to others. That's all I'm saying. But as long as they are doing gangbusters business, it is unlikely they will change.

Who is this KIRK guy? ???, i keep hearing about him, belive it or not i hear both good & bad things!! (unlike the blonde)

In all honesty, Kirk has got to be the most professional doorman out there. Bar none. He's firm but does not belittle people. He keeps his cool no matter what and respects people in general as a whole. Class act. Doormen like that are a rarity. Respect brother. ;D

Guest julio305

I love the velvet rope, it's what makes the prestige of the club. These door Nazis you speak of are professionals who have been working in the industry for years. They know when to lift the rope, and who should and shouldn't be allowed in. If only you knew the extensive training that these Nazis you speak of go through. It's a tough tough job, but someones got to do it.

Extensive training , professionals...Yeah sure ..Come on anyone out their tell me wats so fucking hard of standing in front of a club picking who gets in .......Let me see Good looking girls, naw ,,,,,,GIRLS PERIOD ...Group of girls with maybe 1 or 2 guys ....People that whant to get tables ..Friends of the DJs or people the u no ..Dam thats so hard u need college degree like ITT or something like that .............OH and u need to no how to be an ass to people and act all hard and shit cause ur in charge ..The funny thing is that about half of those FUCKTARDS that stand at the door, will look the other way when they see u in the street cause their a bunch of closet pussy's...............

Guest Devilicious

Extensive training , professionals...Yeah sure ..Come on anyone out their tell me wats so fucking hard of standing in front of a club picking who gets in .......Let me see Good looking girls, naw ,,,,,,GIRLS PERIOD ...Group of girls with maybe 1 or 2 guys ....People that whant to get tables ..Friends of the DJs or people the u no ..Dam thats so hard u need college degree like ITT or something like that .............OH and u need to no how to be an ass to people and act all hard and shit cause ur in charge ..The funny thing is that about half of those FUCKTARDS that stand at the door, will look the other way when they see u in the street cause their a bunch of closet pussy's...............

like you said, exactly HALF of the people waiting outside are (as you so elequently put it) "fucktards," and that's why they stay outside...the other half are just people who don't know people, waiting to go in and spend a few hundred at a nice place

Like it or not, doormen are security, and they are neccesary. The only people that gripe about them are those who can't get in.

Guest vegasguy25
The only people that gripe about them are those who can't get in.

I get in everywhere, and will still point out if I think the doorman was an asshole.

Guest julio305

like you said, exactly HALF of the people waiting outside are (as you so elequently put it) "fucktards," and that's why they stay outside...the other half are just people who don't know people, waiting to go in and spend a few hundred at a nice place

Like it or not, doormen are security, and they are neccesary. The only people that gripe about them are those who can't get in.

Security my asssssssssssssss ...Its not a matter of getting in or not its that they are FUKTARDS > SO you gona tell me u have never been to a club were the DOOR FAGS were assholes?????????????????

Guest julio305

FUKTARDS

STOP USING MY WORD BIATCH!!!! (You are spelling it wrong anyway...FUCTARD!) :P

ur word WATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

U GOT TO BE CRAZY , CRAZY . Ive been using that word since u used pampers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Guest julio305

FUKTARDS

STOP USING MY WORD BIATCH!!!! (You are spelling it wrong anyway...FUCTARD!) :P

ur word WATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

U GOT TO BE CRAZY , CRAZY . Ive been using that word since u used pampers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Honey, you know better than that I am old enough to have CHANGED your diapers. ;)

uhhhhh yeah , thats sounds kinda HOT......