Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So my black cat, Beatrice, died last night unexpectedly.....

BobbyTrendy

Guest Clauds

So sorry about your loss. I had a hamster once (the only pet I've ever had) I was devastated when he died. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten any more pets since it happened :-\

Guest swirlundergrounder

I just can't believe this happened... She was only 7 years old. Totally out of the blue... Every night she sleeps with me on the right hand side of the bed, and Pooksy (my other cat) sleeps on the left... Beatrice would lay her head on my arm or on the pillow... and sleep until the alarm went off. Then in the mornings, she'd wait on my bath mat for me to get out of the shower... and meow until I bent down so she could bite at my hair. She was so personable and just a good cat. Playful and cheerful....

I'm going to miss my girl. She crawled up to lay with me, and just kind of fell off the bed.. I called my neighbors and they came over and we rushed her to the animal hospital 5 minutes away. They administered CPR but she didn't come back. It was either cardiac arrest, heart disease or maybe a blood clot.

I'm so exhausted - I cried myself to sleep... I just didn't expect this. And now Pookers is all alone at home today... she was looking for Beatrice last night.... just walking through the house. It broke my heart... She lost her sister, best-friend, and play partner.

Sorry to be so depressing.. I had to get this out.... :( :( :( :( :(

You know I really feel you right now. My cat that's about 6 years old named 'Mister', a Tabby that weighed about 23 pounds went missing on Saturday the 8th.

I was watching football and he was sitting on my dock/deck. There was another cat sitting in front of him. I think it was a cat who lived across the street.

Anyways I didn't think anything of it. We normally don't let them out at night or out over night but it was only about 10:30pm. I watched the 2 cats for a second and they seemed fine. So I turned away to watch the game and all of a sudden I heard them scowling at each other, then a rolling/tumbling sound and then a splash in the water...I was like WTF???

So I get up and go outside and look into the water. All of a sudden the cat from across the street jumps out of the water, soaking wet and runs away and there's no sign of my cat anywhere in the water..There's no sign of my cat anywhere around the back of my house. I looked all night for him but found nothing.

He usually is never gone for more than and hour or 2 but it's been 10 days now and I've put signs up everywhere and my neighbors have called me thinking that they have seen him but every lead is a dead end. I went to the animal shelter today but he wasn't there...

I think he drowned but it's killing me not knowing. He was the sweetest most adorable fat cat and we miss him very much here in my home..

WHERE ARE YOU MISTER ROBOTO? (Mister's nick name) :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Guest lulamishka

I just can't believe this happened... She was only 7 years old. Totally out of the blue... Every night she sleeps with me on the right hand side of the bed, and Pooksy (my other cat) sleeps on the left... Beatrice would lay her head on my arm or on the pillow... and sleep until the alarm went off. Then in the mornings, she'd wait on my bath mat for me to get out of the shower... and meow until I bent down so she could bite at my hair. She was so personable and just a good cat. Playful and cheerful....

I'm going to miss my girl. She crawled up to lay with me, and just kind of fell off the bed.. I called my neighbors and they came over and we rushed her to the animal hospital 5 minutes away. They administered CPR but she didn't come back. It was either cardiac arrest, heart disease or maybe a blood clot.

I'm so exhausted - I cried myself to sleep... I just didn't expect this. And now Pookers is all alone at home today... she was looking for Beatrice last night.... just walking through the house. It broke my heart... She lost her sister, best-friend, and play partner.

Aww, Lola...I'm so sorry to hear that. :'( Especially for it to be out of the blue like that. Even sadder seeing your other cat lookin' for her... :(

My dog died on my b-day this month (which ironically we had found him on my b-day 8 years ago)...we had to put him down cause he was suffereing from his heart problem he had. It had gotten worse in the last two days and was pretty much the end. :-\

Keep your chin up. I know its hard to get over, especially if you consider your pet like a member of the family.

Aww, Lola...I'm so sorry to hear that. :'( Especially for it to be out of the blue like that. Even sadder seeing your other cat lookin' for her... :(

My dog died on my b-day this month (which ironically we had found him on my b-day 8 years ago)...we had to put him down cause he was suffereing from his heart problem he had. It had gotten worse in the last two days and was pretty much the end. :-\

Keep your chin up. I know its hard to get over, especially if you consider your pet like a member of the family.

my dog also died cuz of a heart problem, we had to bury her in our backyard :-[

You know I really feel you right now. My cat that's about 6 years old named 'Mister', a Tabby that weighed about 23 pounds went missing on Saturday the 8th.

I was watching football and he was sitting on my dock/deck. There was another cat sitting in front of him. I think it was a cat who lived across the street.

Anyways I didn't think anything of it. We normally don't let them out at night or out over night but it was only about 10:30pm. I watched the 2 cats for a second and they seemed fine. So I turned away to watch the game and all of a sudden I heard them scowling at each other, then a rolling/tumbling sound and then a splash in the water...I was like WTF???

So I get up and go outside and look into the water. All of a sudden the cat from across the street jumps out of the water, soaking wet and runs away and there's no sign of my cat anywhere in the water..There's no sign of my cat anywhere around the back of my house. I looked all night for him but found nothing.

He usually is never gone for more than and hour or 2 but it's been 10 days now and I've put signs up everywhere and my neighbors have called me thinking that they have seen him but every lead is a dead end. I went to the animal shelter today but he wasn't there...

I think he drowned but it's killing me not knowing. He was the sweetest most adorable fat cat and we miss him very much here in my home..

Oh man, good luck finding your cat..

Guest swirlundergrounder

Oh man, good luck finding your cat..

Thanks. It doesn't look very good. If he fell in the water then he more than likely drowned because there is no where for him to swim and get ashore on to near by. I think that other cat got hold of the pole on the dock and climbed up high enough to jump on to the dock. My cat is a really big cat and when I looked down in the water I didn't see anything struggling to swim and the water was really calm that night. And I looked at the end of my canal where things wash up onto about less than a quarter of a mile away and found nothing.

On the wishful thinking side, since there was no evidence that he fell in the water with the other cat, then he could have been hurt and went somewhere but if he was terminally injured he would have went somewere and died...the fight was a split second long so I don't see that scenario actually happening.

Another theory is that he ran away after the fight because he was embarassed and ashamed. My cat is a shy cat with a nervous diposition. The fight could have really traumatized him and so he left his territory and is now roaming around the area which is what I hope he's doing.

There have been 2 distinct possible sightings of a cat that resembles him about a half a mile north of where we live. Luckily he has an I.D tag with my phone number on it. Fortunately our neighborhood is in a closed in peninsula. I hope it's him that the people are seeing but everytime I've been somewhere where he was supposedly spotted he has not reponded to my calls or the bell I have that I used to summon him with......

:'(

So right now I've accepted the worse but I'm still hoping for the best and tommorow I'm going to replace the signs that the recent rain washed away.... :-\

WHERE ARE YOU MISTER ROBOTO?????? :-\

Guest klit

You should get another cat in a couple weeks for the one that is still alive. I know it won't replace beatrice, but once you head out and the other cat is alone it's better if he not alone after having a cat there for so many years. Anyways sorry for the loss again.