Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CLUB AGE

Guest SOBEGUY

Guest kcariaga

I am not sure who I was having the conversation with on Sunday at Space.....but we were talking about if our parents could only see us now. Oh my god, mine would seriously die. I am the "good one" in my family.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Electric Eel

Amika recently, as well as Space.

Space is full of old farts. I think there was a guy there on Sunday that was in his seventies.

seb that was me man!....why you gotta put me out there like that? damn ok ok, so im old, i fart dust.........jeez

i just want a place where i can go take my shirt off and flex my beefcake muscles while i dance to some classic house...lol

Lmao

Guest Electric Eel

CrazyC is your dad that guy nicknamed "Abuelo" who was notorious for dogging girls at the old Iguanas in the grove?

OMG, that guy is crazy! Thank god I don't speak spanish that was the only way we were able to get rid of him, he doesnt speak any english. I always talked about that with my friends, that he's probably someone grandfather, imagine if you were out and saw your grandfather hitting on chics your age. lol

Besides the normal CJ group, the clubbers are young. I see it all the time. Especially if there is a hip hop room. Hip Hop is very appealing to the young bucks. Trust me, when I go out with my friends it is only hip hop. If you have doubts go to www.miamiparties.com and guess the age of the girls on that site.

Space has two sides to the coin. A lot of late 20's early 30's go because of the stay up all night I'm on X look at me I'm living ghetto fabolous scarface world with my fat wallet. But to the true music lover, they go to stay up all night to listen to the beats.

As far as my parents...they've seen me come home early morning quite a few times. One time my father made me breakfast. :)

Guest Cosmigonon

Besides the normal CJ group, the clubbers are young. I see it all the time. Especially if there is a hip hop room. Hip Hop is very appealing to the young bucks. Trust me, when I go out with my friends it is only hip hop. If you have doubts go to www.miamiparties.com and guess the age of the girls on that site.

Space has two sides to the coin. A lot of late 20's early 30's go because of the stay up all night I'm on X look at me I'm living ghetto fabolous scarface world with my fat wallet. But to the true music lover, they go to stay up all night to listen to the beats.

As far as my parents...they've seen me come home early morning quite a few times. One time my father made me breakfast. :)

Well, Hip Hop and Reggaeton appela to a younger crowd, there you'll see some really hot younger girls. EDM appeals to a much older crowd.

Guest LeVeL

I am only 23 years old and I must agree there are definetely a lot of young clubbers out there but there are a bunch of 30 something and 40 something clubbers out there too.

One of my closest clubbing friends is this man called Roy that is 45 years old....he's known in Space as Uncle Roy. I got a friend that her name is Vivian and she has two kids and she's 35 years old and she clubs. there are definetely clubbers in the older age groups just visit clubs like Pearl,Prive,Mansion, Crobar and sometimes Space and you'll see them around. Its not new...its been happening for years.

Clubbing is just not a thing that you go thru when you just turned 21 anymore. Its more of a lifestyle.

A time for people to get away from day to day activies like work,bills,family ect.

Next time your out and about look around an you'll see them.

Guest LeVeL

One of my closest clubbing friends is this man called Roy that is 45 years old....he's known in Space as Uncle Roy. .

:-X

Didnt Turbo introduce you guys?

NOOO....

Uncle Roy is a friend of mine since 1999...Old School Space head.

That man is the shit...for a 45 year old...he seems to pull young girls all the time...talk about a PIMP.

he even tried to pull a fast one on you remember....hahahahahahah.

Guest fairyDust

I actually feel the opposite from SobeGuy, I see older people everywhere I go, with the exception of hip hop clubs, I see plenty of old folks out partying esp at Crobar and Space.

Guest LeVeL

Yeah, I know. Thats why I gave you the :-X !!!!

hahahahaha...I remember that day he tried to kick to you that mack in Spanish....hahahah...and you didn't know one word.

And then he tried it on Arin...hahahahah ;D

Guest musicalmissionary

I can't help but feel like a loser driving home wasted from a club while the sun is peeking up from the horizon.

If that's the case, then YOU'RE TOO OLD.

Guest coach

Ok...for you older folks, doesn't it get a little old heading out for the clubs like around 12 and getting home around 4? I guess what i'm saying is that I wish nights, as well as good music in clubs would start a little earlier around here. I can't help but feel like a loser driving home wasted from a club while the sun is peeking up from the horizon. I know some of you others may feel this way.

Personally I like coming home after the sun rises, there is just something anti-establishment about it. I'm a night owl at heart and the all night long mentality that goes hand in hand with EDM has always been very appealing to me. Sure it can interfere with normal daytime activities, but I feel that moderation and priorities are key to clubbing, djing, or whetever it is that you do buring the midnight oil.

Anyway, my Friday night party starts @ 6pm and runs anywhere from 1 to 4am. There are alternatives, stop in sometime :)

Very well put.

I have noticed that the clubbing demographic here is significantly older than in many cities. I think part of it is that in a lot of cities the clubs are just a big meat market, people trying to pick each other up. Once you have an established relationship, that doesn't appeal to you, anymore.

But here, at least in many of the South Beach and Downtown clubs, it is actually about the music for a lot of people. And a fan is a fan, no matter what the age.

Then there is the other scene, the "see and be seen" crowd. Even though a lot of younger people want to do that, they can't actually afford to go to the Rose Bar or Mynt on a regular basis. It is not until they are in their 30s that they are established enough job-wise to actually afford to be a part of that scene.

Plus, you'll note that a lot of the big-name local DJs are mid-to-late-30s. It takes that long to get good enough and get established in this town. So, when their friends from "back in the day" come out, it tends to be an older crowd.

In any case, who the fuck cares if your the oldest in the room? You like the music, you like the nightlife, that's all that really matters. Just think about it this way. At least you're not like most 30-somethings wasting their lives sitting their lazy asses in front of the television. You actually get out and DO something. That's important.

Guest Seb

At least you're not like most 30-somethings wasting their lives sitting their lazy asses in front of the television. You actually get out and DO something. That's important.

good point 8)

Guest AlanS

Ok...for you older folks, doesn't it get a little old heading out for the clubs like around 12 and getting home around 4? I guess what i'm saying is that I wish nights, as well as good music in clubs would start a little earlier around here. I can't help but feel like a loser driving home wasted from a club while the sun is peeking up from the horizon. I know some of you others may feel this way.

Personally I like coming home after the sun rises, there is just something anti-establishment about it. I'm a night owl at heart and the all night long mentality that goes hand in hand with EDM has always been very appealing to me. Sure it can interfere with normal daytime activities, but I feel that moderation and priorities are key to clubbing, djing, or whetever it is that you do buring the midnight oil.

Anyway, my Friday night party starts @ 6pm and runs anywhere from 1 to 4am. There are alternatives, stop in sometime :)

Very well put.

I have noticed that the clubbing demographic here is significantly older than in many cities. I think part of it is that in a lot of cities the clubs are just a big meat market, people trying to pick each other up. Once you have an established relationship, that doesn't appeal to you, anymore.

But here, at least in many of the South Beach and Downtown clubs, it is actually about the music for a lot of people. And a fan is a fan, no matter what the age.

Then there is the other scene, the "see and be seen" crowd. Even though a lot of younger people want to do that, they can't actually afford to go to the Rose Bar or Mynt on a regular basis. It is not until they are in their 30s that they are established enough job-wise to actually afford to be a part of that scene.

Plus, you'll note that a lot of the big-name local DJs are mid-to-late-30s. It takes that long to get good enough and get established in this town. So, when their friends from "back in the day" come out, it tends to be an older crowd.

In any case, who the fuck cares if your the oldest in the room? You like the music, you like the nightlife, that's all that really matters. Just think about it this way. At least you're not like most 30-somethings wasting their lives sitting their lazy asses in front of the television. You actually get out and DO something. That's important.

Several good points in there yourself Coach ;D

Guest ddg

i wish my dad would come to the patio once too...give him 3 bottles of concha y toro and hes a happy argentine.....my family went to the carnivale in rio and he had a blast...partied for 2 days straight.....as far as older people...i see them everywhere i go out too....especially in delray..they go have their dinner and then hit up delux for a little bit... ;)

Guest Clarisa

I sometimes feel I'm getting a little too old for clubs but it's mainly because I'm ready to settle down and leave clubbing for other people. So unless your trying to seetle down enjoy going out and clubbing.

Guest vegasguy25

Space is full of old farts. I think there was a guy there on Sunday that was in his seventies.

Hey! Dont talk about my dad like that!!! :P

Actually, my dad doesnt live here but Im sure if he did he would want to experience the patio at least once. Hes cool like that. ;) ;D

LOL, I tried to drag my Dad to Crobar back in November, but he wasn't having it. ;D

LOLOL, I seen a couple at crobar and mansion, its florida the old folks are everywhere

Guest vegasguy25

LOLOL, I seen a couple at crobar and mansion, its florida the old folks are everywhere

If you go out in LA, you will see old Asian couples at the clubs a lot too. It's quite humorous.

Guest JMT

if my dad ever went to space he would leave after 10 seconds and i know exactly what he would say, "you must have to be on drugs to like that music."

if my dad ever went to space he would leave after 10 seconds and i know exactly what he would say, "you must have to be on drugs to like that music."

My dad would just say "fuck it, im going to VIP and getting drunk"

Guest Seb

Your Dad is right