Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The worst Fri nite ever

Guest Devilicious

Guest Devilicious

I am aware I should have known better, however I had such a bad time I feel obliged to share...

dont EVER go to the mandarin oriental on a Friday. They call it happy hour but I was NOT happy in the time I spent there. Drink prices are outrageous(9 for a lite beer), crowd is snobby business folk, tables are "beds" in the middle of it all with no privacy. I don't know how to even begin to talk about the music it was so bad. Really...the styles didn't mix, there seemed to be no attempt to mix correctly (beats weren't even matched), and the track selection in general left a lot to be desired as well. Even at Mynt there is at least an effort being made.

When I left I waited in line in the parking garage for an hour. There was ONE attendant to handle the 200 or so patrons that had been out that night (in case you were wondering it was almost 20 bux for the 4 hours my car spent there). I then attempted to convince my group to try Amika, to no avail.

Instead we went to Crobar where I was bored and unimpressed.

I'm just so disappointed that my once-a-month friday night off from work was so bland I had to vent. Next time, I'm ditching my friends, who i still love dearly, and doing what I want. Thanks for listening.

Guest pod

Very odd. I kinda got the grand tour of Dade County this evening in terms of the party scene. Mandarin isn't known for it's "accesible" parties though. Liz, I've never met you, but I'm gonna tell you one thing: you need new friends. They seem to lead you astray. Well, new clubbing friends anyhow. Keep your current friends if you want. I'm out and about and

easily spotted...

Step One: Pawn Shop for Revolver. I was there early so it was quite 80s. Cheap drinks abounded and Alan T at the door....next!

Quirky venue for sure. Not click-beep-boom quirky (sorry Ramon...) but quirky as in "hey look at that, let's have a shot"...

Step Two: La Covacha...yes La Covacha. This guy I knew was doing a house set on the side, and a noted local house legend was badgering me to go, so I showed up. Great music, and owner Aurelio Rodriguez, and DJ Alejandro Lazardi were gracious hosts (check out Alejandro opening for Cedric on Thursdays at Amika, and playing house on the terrace from 1 AM or so at Space...), and we indulged in the Polar and Corona.

La Covacha is a great time. Check it out.

Step Three: Amika...Shawn had it down pat. Space bartender was having a part of her birthday party there. If you see her tomorrow, buy her a shot or ten...tall blonde in the main room.

Guest lyrik

Very odd. I kinda got the grand tour of Dade County this evening in terms of the party scene. Mandarin isn't known for it's "accesible" parties though. Liz, I've never met you, but I'm gonna tell you one thing: you need new friends. They seem to lead you astray. Well, new clubbing friends anyhow. Keep your current friends if you want. I'm out and about and

easily spotted...

Step One: Pawn Shop for Revolver. I was there early so it was quite 80s. Cheap drinks abounded and Alan T at the door....next!

Quirky venue for sure. Not click-beep-boom quirky (sorry Ramon...) but quirky as in "hey look at that, let's have a shot"...

Step Two: La Covacha...yes La Covacha. This guy I knew was doing a house set on the side, and a noted local house legend was badgering me to go, so I showed up. Great music, and owner Aurelio Rodriguez, and DJ Alejandro Lazardi were gracious hosts (check out Alejandro opening for Cedric on Thursdays at Amika, and playing house on the terrace from 1 AM or so at Space...), and we indulged in the Polar and Corona.

La Covacha is a great time. Check it out.

Step Three: Amika...Shawn had it down pat. Space bartender was having a part of her birthday party there. If you see her tomorrow, buy her a shot or ten...tall blonde in the main room.

any body get there early enough to hear Seth open? I was suppose to make it down but never got there?

Guest web_norah

yeah Pawn Shop with my sister Alan T at the door is the place to be, and knowing Alan, i know he wouldnt be involved in anything less than top notch with good attitude and best of music

Guest ramon

sorry to hear about your night liz.

pawn shop is great .. i enjoyed the night i went anyway.

lol @ to your beep click boom refrence :P

Guest durrtylexx

Tal thats a shame :P..

Last night I headed to Deluxe and that place always rocks, great vibe, good energy..Afterwards the PBC's, Cosmo and I headed to Gryphon and Ivanno was fucking going off..I was impressed..The last time I went to Gryphon, I had a horrible time, last night the place really impressed me..I'll be back.. :)

Guest Devilicious

Thanks guys... next time I won't take no for an answer, or I'll just go it alone. I think my mistake was allowing myself to be dragged to the Mandarin, that just set the whole night off wrong. I don't know how that place got a good reputation... there were also girls peeing in the shower stall rather than waiting for the toilet. Man there are some disgusting bitches out there!

Now that I've griped I feel free to look toward the future, most likely Tuesday at Blue :)

Thanks guys... next time I won't take no for an answer, or I'll just go it alone. I think my mistake was allowing myself to be dragged to the Mandarin, that just set the whole night off wrong. I don't know how that place got a good reputation... there were also girls peeing in the shower stall rather than waiting for the toilet. Man there are some disgusting bitches out there!

Now that I've griped I feel free to look toward the future, most likely Tuesday at Blue :)

ahhhh truuuuuuuuuuuu !! hope to see you and mr durtylexxx there 8)

Guest Cosmigonon

Last night I headed to Deluxe and that place always rocks, great vibe, good energy..Afterwards the PBC's, Cosmo and I headed to Gryphon and Ivanno was fucking going off..I was impressed..The last time I went to Gryphon, I had a horrible time, last night the place really impressed me..I'll be back.. :)

duuuuuuuude, DELUX was off the hook!!!!!

Had a really grea time with the PBCs ;D Finally met JMT, really cool guy, don't believe what you've heard about him ;)

That place is insane, I never though I'd find such a club in West palm Beach, there's nothing like that in Ft. Lauderdale, I thought I was on the beach :o

Music totally awesome, thanks to Mr. Johnny Ramirez, and Patron shots courtesy or Mr. ddg. Definitely the best place to go on a friday night if you don't want to make the drive south.

Yeah, and I got so drunk :-[, I knew we had gone somewhere, I just didn't know where i was, until mr. durrtylexxx told me a couple of hours ago we were actually in GRYPHON!!

tHE litlle I remember, the place was great, the music was very good, I felt as if I was in some other country, I will definitely be back!! 8)

Guest Electric Eel

Space bartender was having a part of her birthday party there. If you see her tomorrow, buy her a shot or ten...tall blonde in the main room.

Thats what I was there for, Shelly's bday, shes the best. After a night like last night I doubt she needs anymore shots, lol

Had a really grea time with the PBCs ;D Finally met JMT, really cool guy, don't believe what you've heard about him ;)

That place is insane, I never though I'd find such a club in West palm Beach, there's nothing like that in Ft. Lauderdale, I thought I was on the beach :o

Music totally awesome, thanks to Mr. Johnny Ramirez, and Patron shots courtesy or Mr. ddg. Definitely the best place to go on a friday night if you don't want to make the drive south.

Yeah, and I got so drunk :-[, I knew we had gone somewhere, I just didn't know where i was, until mr. durrtylexxx told me a couple of hours ago we were actually in GRYPHON!!

tHE litlle I remember, the place was great, the music was very good, I felt as if I was in some other country, I will definitely be back!! 8)

delux is the shit

Guest trancelator

Hope to see you at the D more often, Josh. Sounds like you really enjoyed the Patron as well. ;D

Gotta agree with Durrty. Gryphon and Ivanno were going off on Friday. Definitely no sleepy shit being played. Venue is very nice. Looking forward to seeing Ramirez there on Thursday. 8)

Guest ravnroly

Well Elizabeth, I dont know you, but you should try to come out to Cafeteria on Friday and see what a good time can be. Diaga@Cafeteria Every Friday night.

Guest ddg

i hope to see you come up more often buddy....glad to see that you liked my second home.... ;) ;) now you know why we all love friday nights at the d ;D ;D

good to see that your in love with patron too... :P