Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review: Chus & Ceballos en Costa Rica

ryan2772

wow, i even picked up a little español along the way....mainly just the currency conversion...so anyway...

i went to costa rica w/ 6 other friends, i had looked into the nightlife beforehand, saw that chus & ceballos were spinning on saturday night, definitely had to check it out. the club is called vertigo (www.vertigocr.com), it was an amazing venue. it was multi-leveled, with stairs going everywhere and bars throughout. it was a good size, about the same as mansion. the layout reminded me of mansion as well. got there at about 1am, staff was great, very friendly, and very accomodating to gringos. but by that point in my trip i had picked up enough spanish to communicate with them. this local dj chick "dj sol" was warming the crowd up, nicely. her set built up from start to finish, very appropriate in her role. at about 2am chus & ceballos came out. chus was first, i could swear it was moby...looks just like him. ceballos came on at about 4am to finish off the night. they work excellent as a team, while one spins the other makes the selection of the next track. very dark tribal shit, i loved it! they both work very well with the crowd, i was very impressed by their interaction. i recognized a song or two but for the most part i was clueless, i drank a whole lot. met some peeps from california, and a dude from sebastian, fl. the night was the perfect end to a perfect trip. it was really cool to experience the club culture in another culture. it's different...yet the same. ;D

tune of the night for me: redanka - waves (e-mission mix)

Guest swirlundergrounder

nice :)

you only met dudes? ???

LMAO jk..

I have to go to Costa Rica and check it out soon..

Costa Rica is the shit!!!! The people there are really nice!!!! I'd go back there anyday!!!1

yeah man the whole trip was awesome. we also did an ATV tour up a mountain/coffee plantation, went to jaco one day, chilled at a bar there on the beach. at night i went to vertigo, and the other night we went to a bar district called pueblo, that kinda sucked for me, no gusto musica latina, but oh well, had an incredible time

Guest Cosmigonon

it was really cool to experience the club culture in another culture. it's different...yet the same. ;D

True. Or as Robert Plan would've said, "The song remains the same..." ;D

Glad you had fun in Costa Rica, their women are the prettiest in Central America.

Guest Fez

it was really cool to experience the club culture in another culture. it's different...yet the same. ;D

True. Or as Robert Plan would've said, "The song remains the same..." ;D

Glad you had fun in Costa Rica, their women are the prettiest in Central America.

true

Guest antonio

They're fucking awsome!!!!! :o

how's the waves on CR at this time of the year??????

You can surf on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica during spring break and its often uncrowded

after chus got off i shook his hand and asked him to come to miami, they'll be at envy on saturday march 26th.

the waves were great. we spent saturday afternoon in a bar on jaco beach watching people surf, drinking and drinking (and drinking). then we chased some iguanas around. ;D

Guest Fez

You can surf on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica during spring break and its often uncrowded

from what i can remember...the caribbean has almost no waves during the winter...

at least DR and PR we had to hit the Atlantic/North shores to get decent waves...

Glad to hear C&C we'll be here....the only thing that sucks..is that the're playing at envy.... :-X

BTW i see there's a club Babylon.....my dad used to have a club named babylon in DR...lol

Guest junglesmacks

WOW k rado es hearing you guys talk about my country!!

WELCOME!!

yes we have wonderful parties there.. Vertigo is awesome! You can still step outside for a smoke anytime, the drinks are not that expensive, and its nice.. very nice..

la vibra in costa rica is INCREDIBLE.. the parties that we have there are all about togetherness and self-release.. not nearly so much attitude if at all like SB.. our women are incredible, the waves are UNREAL.. too much to talk about in just one post...

www.crdance.com

www.sentidourbano.com

there is much much much more than meets the eye there.. ;)

VIVA COSTA RIIIIIIIIICA!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

yeah man the whole trip was awesome. we also did an ATV tour up a mountain/coffee plantation, went to jaco one day, chilled at a bar there on the beach. at night i went to vertigo, and the other night we went to a bar district called pueblo, that kinda sucked for me, no gusto musica latina, but oh well, had an incredible time

Yeah Jaco is beautiful. I stayed down there for a week when I was in Costa Rica...

Guest jbit

there is no bad time of year down there for waves, its chest to head high + EVERYDAY somewhere on the pacific side. and yes the women are beautiful.....and inexpensive ;D

booze, beats, broads, and waves....why did i come back?

Guest junglesmacks

there is no bad time of year down there for waves, its chest to head high + EVERYDAY somewhere on the pacific side. and yes the women are beautiful.....and inexpensive ;D

booze, beats, broads, and waves....why did i come back?

asi mejor.. ;)