Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dave Matthews Band (Concert Review)

tranza

To anyone that hates rock & roll music (or whatever genre you want to call it), you should go see this show.. 50,000 people all screaming for these guys.. I never really listened to their stuff before but I'm about to go and buy one of their cds in a little while.. They reminded me of JP in a way.. They didnt just "play" a song, they worked the song for the crowd and played them for an extended amount of time (Like JP).. We had crappy seats but it didnt really matter.. Hanging out in the parking lot before the show was almost as much fun as being inside.. Everyone was BBQing and getting smashed, girls were taking off their clothes, it was great.. I cant wait for these guys to come back and rock Giant Stadium again!

------------------

..Something for your mind, your body, and your soul

It's the power, it's larouse curiosity..

The purpose, the goal which one acts on..

A journey of force, hot like the sun and wet like the rain..

Rhythmatic movements in unison with others prolong and acts of sensations, with no limits or boundaries..

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

It's the point of greatest intensity..

Pleasures of the highest sense..

Feelings of warmth and security..

Willing and unwilling sensation's of the mind..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..

I'm not much into concerts but I've seen Dave Matthews 3 times by far the best live performers I've seen,The vibe is so positive & reminds me of the good old college days... cwm4.gifcwm30.gifcwm29.gif

------------------

---its my life and I'm livin' it now!---you don't even know me!!!---

[This message has been edited by dog6 (edited 06-14-2001).]

Tranza, I like Rock to a certain Extent, I also agree with you that JP loops records for like 30 minutes, till he needs to take another bump and then cut to the other song.

to each his own. I guess.

Mane

Yo Mane why are you always so worried about JP's "so called" drug use? Everytime his name comes up you always have a stupid comment about him using drugs.. Who really gives a shit if he uses drugs? Do you even know for a fact that he uses drugs? Have you ever seen him use drugs? If you dont like him or his music, fine he's not for everyone.. But you keep going on about something your not even 100% posative about.. Time to give it a rest bro..

------------------

Rhythmatic movements in unison with others prolong and acts of sensations, with no limits or boundaries..

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..

Didnt mean to offend any JP fans out there.

Take for example the legenday DJ Larry Levan, I consider him to be one of the best djs that lived, he was a big ass crack head though, LOL. People at the Paradise Garage would scream his name out, when he was so fucked up he would scratch the record, people would praise him. Similarly the same with JP. Although like you said I dont know for sure, just from what many people tell me,

but I guess I can see how it has become repetative. My opologies if I have offended anyone.

cwm20.gif

Mane

tranza--dmatthews is really good. and im as big a house, club, dance, etc. fan as the next guy but its really hard to compare jp, a talented dj with a talented band. theyre playing instruments, creating live music.

lets not forget that

one good song to check out is "dancing nancies"---really good violin solo at the end. someone will probably redo it in the near future. cwm7.gif

Originally posted by DJMikeE:

tranza--dmatthews is really good. and im as big a house, club, dance, etc. fan as the next guy but its really hard to compare jp, a talented dj with a talented band. theyre playing instruments, creating live music.

lets not forget that

one good song to check out is "dancing nancies"---really good violin solo at the end. someone will probably redo it in the near future. cwm7.gif

Who is comparing them? Their style of playing music to the crowd is similar.. How can you compare rock to house? Try reading the review again..

..I only knew 3 songs they played, "Ants Marching" (Which was the last song), "Crash" and "Space Between".. I'm on a search for a live cd because I like those extended versons..

------------------

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..

i always hated dave mathhews band....my girl would always play their cds and i wouldnt even bother listening to them...till one day i actually listened....anyway.....definitely

got talent and are worth checkin out...

sattelite and warehouse---hot songs

------------------

"if you dont believe.....im comin ta get ya...

Doug.. "so called" drug use? Come on man, you know what the story is with JP, DT, Junior and everyone else who has to play 12+ hour sets.

I mean yeah in a way it's wrong to accuse dj's of doing drugs, but hell a stereo type is a stereotype and people get offended, because its normally true.

I have a picture of me and him shaking hands in Cancun, my golly, poor guy looks like his pupils and eyes are going to pop out of his head, everytime I looked at him, he did not blink. Can we say meth?

Anyway Doug, once I get Reason, Ill be sure to send it your way, I hate Cool Edit, and I already have a Full version of Acid Pro 6.0.

Ill let you know what happens?

Peace

Justin

------------------

Resident DJ @ Club Exit's Red Room.

Patience is a virtue... and that I have learned!

It's funny what my review of this concert turned into..

..Unless you SAW him do drugs with your own two eyes, you cant call him a crackhead

Maybe he does get fucked up, maybe he doesnt.. Who really gives a shit!

Your trying to label him something he might not be, and thats not cool..

Big eyes? Lack of sleep will make your eyes become large.. It's true, it's true..

Anyway I'm not his lawyer and I could really care less if he does crack,smack,heroin,ecstasy,blow,or anything else as long as he turns his club out week after week..

------------------

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..