Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lust4House presents Brian "Halo" Varga @ BLUE [03.18.05]

Who's going on March 18th? :)

I think it coincides with the release of his new mix 'Sound Deluxe 2' [featuring music by Mateo & Matos, Kerri Chandler, Julius Papp & more...]

Biography/Discography

Halo a.k.a. Brian Varga has been involved with dance music since he got his first job at Chicago's Hip House Records at the age of 9. Naturally progressing into the world of the DJ at age 12, Halo was soon a Chicago favorite even though he wasn't old enough to get into the clubs.

After the psychotic atmosphere of the Midwest rave scene had lost its appeal, production seemed to be more than the next step, it was Halo's way of connecting with the rest of the world and a way to escape the increasing intensity of Chicago. Working A&R for Moody records allowed Halo to connect more closely with other producers around the States whose work he respected and wanted to support.

A longtime friendship and common interests led him to try a project with Hipp-e and the H-Foundation was established. Sets at Fabric London, Turbo Toronto, Zouks Singapore, Soma Glasgow, Twilo New York, More Amsterdam, Pacha Buenos Aires, and Allenby Tel-Aviv caused clubbers worldwide to re-evaluate what they could and would dance to. Music that they had always considered too deep was finally being presented to them the right way and their Saturday nights would never be the same. His sets at raves in New Zealand, Montreal, Croatia, Spain, Brazil and all over the United States challenged him to bridge the gap between the depth he needed to fulfill himself and the energy that the crowds were craving.

This idea gave way to releases like the seminal "Future" on Siesta and his remix for Sirus' "Eye For An Eye" on NRK and has inspired a whole new generation of producers and DJ's to follow suit. After a hectic period of DJ tours around the world, Halo is using the inspiration he received on the road to release music he firmly believes in on his own label Bluem. Pre-release orders for the first Bluem release, a solo project, have already outdone sales of any other record from the West coast while future releases include contributions from producers in Spain, San Francisco, Vancouver, and of course from Halo himself.

Halo continues to evolve as a producer, to rock the floor as a DJ, and to participate and succeed in the dog eat dog world of the music industry and yet remains the avid fan and number one supporter of dance music that he was when he was only nine years old. Look for Halo this summer on tour across North America as part of the massive Mecca tour followed by the release of a Mecca mix CD with partner Hipp-e along with the first singles from Bluem, remixes for Contrast Music and new material for Siesta. Also this summer will be an extended DJ tour of Europe and completion of the first full length album from the H-Foundation. ;D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vaughan

We just added a VERY special guest to the line-up for the evening!!! ;D

Let's just say there are some "peeps" in town already for WMC/M3 that would loooove to come play with the crew!!!

Let's just say there are some "peeps" in town already for WMC/M3 that would loooove to come play with the crew!!!

AWESOME!!! (not that Halo on his own couldn't bring BLUE to its knees)

I'm SO there!!! ;D

Guest lyrik

N-I-C-E

What about Hippe ???

They have each gone their own separate ways. I believe their last gig together here in FL was at The Vault in Orlando. And what a night it was (thanks to the Soulpatch crew)!!! ;D

Even more phenomenal were their sets at the old Centro-Fly!!! Back when it still had the 70's Italian disco motif going. I can't remember who opened. I think it was Marcus and Dominique (Centro-Fly residents at the time). I think it was in 2002 (not sure though). I saw them twice. ;D

When does the mix hit store shelves?

I would also like to add that he mixed a Live in Australia set with Hipp-E. It's available as an import only. And he has also mixed a Siesta sampler CD.

And that's on top of his collaboration with Hipp-E on their artist album entitled Environments (available on 2x12") ;D

Even more phenomenal were their sets at the old Centro-Fly!!! Back when it still had the 70's Italian disco motif going. I can't remember who opened. I think it was Marcus and Dominique (Centro-Fly residents at the time). I think it was in 2002 (not sure though). I saw them twice. ;D

Centro Fly was the shit 8)

Guest vaughan

HALO's sound has DEF. changed a bit... I'd actually like to call it "matured", since the H-Foundation days...

He's on fire right now, that's Fo sho... some of his new City-Deep stuff is "rumored" to be on FIRE!!!!