Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: AMIKA!!!

CrzyC1414779017

Guest LdySphynx

Please fire your Friday night light guy. He doesnt have a clue and even makes your dancers look bad.

Just one opinion. ;D

If it's the same one as when Sasha PLAYED, I have to COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU ;) >:(!!!!!!

Guest AmikaInsider

First things first... unfourtanetly on Thursday night the lighting directors "light board" was broken. This is a 5,000 dollar piece of equipment, that can't be replaced that quickly. Secondly the Sundance crew on Sundays (when Sasha played) brings in their own lighting person. Third off Ian (sound and light director) happens to be one of the best in the buisness having set up Opium, Mansion, BED, to list a few and was called in to assist at AA Arena for the 2004 MTV Awards show. He's been courted by Nocturnal and Space heavily.

Yeah that sucks that the light board was broken however, how would a clubber know that...or care? LOL!

I dont go on Thursday nights, I dont go on Saturday night, I dont go on Sunday nights. I am only commenting on the experience that was had by me last night at Amika.

The poor dancers were forced to climb standard, shiny ladders in order to get into their "cages". Once up there they had to wear sunglasses that didnt match their outfits because the lights were so blinding. It was apparent that they were uncomfortable up there as the quality of dance they were doing was subpar. Then when they are done with their numbers they are once again forced to climb down the ladders in front of everyone while the lights were still brightly shining on them. I felt bad for them and it looked very unprofessional. Perhaps the club should have not had dancers up there last night since they were obvioiusly aware of the lighting problem. Shawn was great, the bartenders were nice, the vibe was fun, and the temperature inside the club was perfect but the lighting last night was terrible.

As I said this is just one opinion.

Guest mikepayne

It would also be nice if you could take out the 3 million candela strobe that is constantly on... it's caused me serious retinal damage.

Guest beatfriek

Yeah that sucks that the light board was broken however, how would a clubber know that...or care? LOL!

I dont go on Thursday nights, I dont go on Saturday night, I dont go on Sunday nights. I am only commenting on the experience that was had by me last night at Amika.

The poor dancers were forced to climb standard, shiny ladders in order to get into their "cages". Once up there they had to wear sunglasses that didnt match their outfits because the lights were so blinding. It was apparent that they were uncomfortable up there as the quality of dance they were doing was subpar. Then when they are done with their numbers they are once again forced to climb down the ladders in front of everyone while the lights were still brightly shining on them. I felt bad for them and it looked very unprofessional. Perhaps the club should have not had dancers up there last night since they were obvioiusly aware of the lighting problem. Shawn was great, the bartenders were nice, the vibe was fun, and the temperature inside the club was perfect but the lighting last night was terrible.

As I said this is just one opinion.

Shawn the door guy was great?

that's like an oxy-moron!!!!!