Clubplanet Nightlife Community

April 29th & 30th

Guest web_norah

specify what kind of parties and how $$$ you are willing to spend....cover charges here are at least 20 bucks at decent clubs

Guest web_norah

i dont do Morillo style parties...cant help you there.

if you're travelling all the way up here, why dont you go see something different and less predictable? in terms of music.

i recommend

for Friday - the 112 Crew throws a great party at Cafe de Ville in the East Village, it is cheap and good atmosphere, music is techy - Ramon is buddies with these guys, Bill and Nick, they are the DJs there.

Movida in the West Village - it is house music and i think Steven Lee is playing that night. (ask me as the date gets closer).

www.movidanyc.com

*this place just opened so if you want to go, you gotta let me know who's coming and when.

Sullivan Room - i like this place too Fri and Sat, they always bring good DJs

Where: Sullivan Room (218 Sullivan St.)

When: 9pm - 5am

Price: email djboo@basicnyc.com for guest list

Cielo in the Meatpacking District has Ted Patterson on Saturday nights.

Guest ramon

i dont do Morillo style parties...cant help you there.

if you're travelling all the way up here, why dont you go see something different and less predictable? in terms of music.

i recommend

for Friday - the 112 Crew throws a great party at Cafe de Ville in the East Village, it is cheap and good atmosphere, music is techy - Ramon is buddies with these guys, Bill and Nick, they are the DJs there.

Movida in the West Village - it is house music and i think Steven Lee is playing that night. (ask me as the date gets closer).

www.movidanyc.com

*this place just opened so if you want to go, you gotta let me know who's coming and when.

Friday 29th FRANCIS HARRIS (Matter:/form Records) <- this guy tore it up at the 112 Afterhours @ pawn Shop .. you'll like it :)

robots = billy + dennis + nick :)

Have fun!

Guest web_norah

Francis Harris is good.....tech house.

i dont understand why a group of you is coming up to New York and all you wanna hear is basically the same type music you get in Miami ???

Guest web_norah

well....there are plenty of choices for that weekend

weather has been glorious and i think Crobar blows anyway.

well....there are plenty of choices for that weekend

weather has been glorious and i think Crobar blows anyway.

you're funny Norah. Crobar does blow- Im Over it. I wont be clubbing at all, could do lounge or somewhere cool beforehand, definitely would love to do a dinner with norah and carisa-

Guest Darwin Castillo

Don't forget that Felix Da Housecat will be there at Club Avalon, Doors: 10pm - 7am, Cover: $30/$25reduced.

Club Avalon is located...

Avalon New York City

47 West 20th Street

Club entrance on 6th Avenue

NY, NY, USA

phone: 212.807.7780

fax: 212.807.0112

This is going to be a good party! Flying up for this as well as Miss Kittin's show on Thursday night at Rothko. Peace.

Since I was just in NYC a few weeks ago. Here is my sugestions

Do the big clubs one night, but also hit up some smaller lounges and other places. When you go to the big clubs, make sure you are on the lists and not just a websites lists, since everyone is on them. If you know a promoter, make sure you have thier cell phone # to come get you.

There is door drame at the big clubs, just have all your bases covered to try to avoid it.

Have fun.

My #1 recommendation is to go to eat at Sea Thai, great good, atmosphere, at very reasonable prices..

05sea.jpg

http://www.firstop.org/designweekend/45_sea.html

Guest web_norah

that's what Evan and i have been suggesting all along, if you must go to a big club, go on a night that you'll enjoy...but NYC isnt about the big clubs anymore.

i am not from here or claim to know-it-all but after a year of seeing a lot of different parties and clubs, i think the best of NYC is at the lounges, small bars, not the huge super clubs, there are too many fights, you cant even talk to people, get sweaty nasty club kids and worst of all, get ripped off at the door/ drinks.

and for Howells, thats 18 and over at Spirit and that party gets going late, just like Roxy and most Made Events, it is a late crowd.