Clubplanet Nightlife Community

From Reputable Newspaper to Tabloid Rag

CrzyC1414779017

Dade's letter to The Bitch....

Free weekly abandons virtue, embraces gutter scum: As a Miami native, I have always thought of New Times as a reputable local paper -- until now. After reading The Bitch's column "Don't Buy a Lottery Ticket, Nocturnal" (April 14), I now can only think of you as a tabloid rag willing to skew the truth in order to create controversy at the expense of hard-working, honest people.

To set the record straight, Dan Dausey is not a manager at Nocturnal nightclub, nor is he employed by our parent company, Kore Entertainment. Dan actually works for our contractor, TGC Construction, and is the construction boss on the job. We have nothing but complete trust in Dan Dausey, both in his abilities on the job and his integrity as a person.

I was, in fact, arrested in 1987 on the charges The Bitch stated [burglary of a structure and possession of burglary tools]. The Bitch also correctly noted that "no action was taken in that case." However, what she failed to mention was that the charges were dropped because I was arrested while breaking into my stepfather's car at his request while he was on vacation, to retrieve his address book. All charges were dropped as a result of his affidavit stating those facts.

To say that "the whole thing is weird" and imply that there was some connection between the 1987 misunderstanding and the burglary that occurred at the club is tabloid journalism and borderline slander.

Needless to say, Nocturnal will not be wasting any more money advertising in New Times.

Dade Sokoloff, club director

Nocturnal

Miami

Dade's letter to The Bitch....

Free weekly abandons virtue, embraces gutter scum: As a Miami native, I have always thought of New Times as a reputable local paper -- until now. After reading The Bitch's column "Don't Buy a Lottery Ticket, Nocturnal" (April 14), I now can only think of you as a tabloid rag willing to skew the truth in order to create controversy at the expense of hard-working, honest people.

To set the record straight, Dan Dausey is not a manager at Nocturnal nightclub, nor is he employed by our parent company, Kore Entertainment. Dan actually works for our contractor, TGC Construction, and is the construction boss on the job. We have nothing but complete trust in Dan Dausey, both in his abilities on the job and his integrity as a person.

I was, in fact, arrested in 1987 on the charges The Bitch stated [burglary of a structure and possession of burglary tools]. The Bitch also correctly noted that "no action was taken in that case." However, what she failed to mention was that the charges were dropped because I was arrested while breaking into my stepfather's car at his request while he was on vacation, to retrieve his address book. All charges were dropped as a result of his affidavit stating those facts.

To say that "the whole thing is weird" and imply that there was some connection between the 1987 misunderstanding and the burglary that occurred at the club is tabloid journalism and borderline slander.

Needless to say, Nocturnal will not be wasting any more money advertising in New Times.

Dade Sokoloff, club director

Nocturnal

Miami

GOOD FOR YOU DADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest JustDade

If I didn't stand up for myself, who would?

ohhhh snap :o ;D

I'm glad Dade stood up for himself... thats awesome!