Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cevin Fisher @ Amika May 6th LOFT Magazine Issue Party!

V. Barbarino

WOOT!!!

For those who dont' know:

One of the breakout house producers of the late '90s, though he'd been working for a decade before, Cevin Fisher is responsible for a growing number of club favorites including "Freaks Come Out," "(You Got Me) Burnin' Up," "Music Saved My Life," and "House Music." Fisher began DJing while in his teens, first in his father's New Jersey bar and at various college gigs but later in a spot at the mecca for garage music, Club Zanzibar. From there, he moved to New York in the late '80s and began working on production with employees like Motown and Arthur Baker's Shakedown Studios. Convinced by Danny Tenaglia to begin recording on his own, he debuted with several anthemic tunes like "House Is a Feeling" (as Sunday School) and "Hands on Love," songs that carried on the vibes of early house pioneers Tony Humphries and Larry Heard. Early singles "The Way We Used To" and "Shine the Light" earned international clubplay, though it was 1998's "The Freaks Come Out" that pushed him into the mainstream house stratosphere. Released on at least five different labels, the single made Fisher's reputation as a suave producer, with preeminent vocals on his cuts. Two compilations appeared in 1999, the mixed Dangerous Disco and the Nervous compilation Cevin Fisher's Nervous Tracks. One year later, Underground 2000 appeared on Razor & Tie. Fisher has also remixed Quincy Jones, Chaka Khan, Robert Miles and Kevin Aviance.

3870-001.jpg

index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=15201;start=20

Guest eskimogirl2005

Cevin will be really good! He's got great taste in music! Wish I could go... >:(

Why can't u go???????????

Guest LeVeL

Wow........I been wanting to hear this guy for a long time now and I missed him during conference definetely a Party worth going to.. 8) ;D

Guest Justin Johnson

Cevin will be really good! He's got great taste in music! Wish I could go... >:(

Why can't u go???????????

I have another gig in Fort Myers that night. But I highly recommend everyone to check him out! I used to pull records for this guy and hang out with him at Satellite, and he is SUPER cool!

That's very difficult to answer since your definition of deep house is:

-anything that is not played at Space

-anything that is not played by Morillo, Eric Prydz, Steve Angelo, Jonathan Peters, Denny Tsetton, Junior Vasquez

-anything not played at Tempts

-anything that you cannot readily dance to with a guido fist pump or an SF guido shuffle

;D :P

Guest soozin

anyone know about set times and/or cover charges and stuff for cevin? I've been wanting to see him for a long time!

Guest nikkki

The May LOFT Magazine Issue Release Party!

For those of you who didn't get a chance to go to our last LOFT Magazine party @ Amika (in August- The Design Issue Party) I invite you to do so this time, it rocked! For those of you who did....see you again next Friday ;D looking forward to hearing Cevin Fisher!!! Should be a great night...!

:)

Guest nikkki

i shall be there... will Loft magazine have their own list? as well?

Yes we will! Just added you... ;)

Guest ramon

i shall be there... will Loft magazine have their own list? as well?

Yes we will! Just added you... ;)

add me nikki .. :)

Guest nikkki

Ramon & Daniel glad you guys are coming! Haven't seen you guys for months!!!! Both are on list OF COURSE!

Anyone else that will be joining us please email me @

dominique@zoommediagroup.com for the LOFT Mag guest list.

See everyone on Friday! :)

oh and Daniel on the list: Bling Silverstein has a nice ring to it...dont ya think?