Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cevin Fisher @ Amika May 6th LOFT Magazine Issue Party!

V. Barbarino

Cevin Fisher is a DJ (also a producer) respected worldwide and in Ibiza too. A fabulous Remixer, he has made his own versions of themes such as "Fable" by Robert Miles (nr. 1 in Billboard Dance Chart), "Love You All My Lifetime" by Chaka Khan, "Blow" by Miles Davis or "I'll Be Good To You" by Quincy Jones.

Born in Jersey (USA), Fisher started to play with the "dishes" at 15, working in his father's club and in the high school parties later. In 1988 and in New York worked with Keith Diamond and Kyle West. Soon after he was programmer and remixer in the Shakedown Studios. His firsts gigs were with Whitney Houston.

He was the author of dancefloor bombs like "Women Beat Their Men" and "(You Got Me) Burnin' Up".

One of his most successful songs is "House is a Feeling" (1993).

Underground 2000

"Underground 2000", his first solo album, contains his best themes. "The Way We Used To",

"Music saved my life", "Check This Out", "Was Groove" and the number 1 "(You Got Me) Burnin' Up" with vocals by Loleatta Holloway.

Fisher has proved his knowledge. Places like Toronto (Canada), Italy, Switzerland and the UK had the chance to see him in action. However, the DJ prefers Canada because of the memories that come to his head. His present residence as a dj is at the D! Club of Switzerland.

Good taste

Cevin Fisher has made important contributions to the House world. "Music saved my life" and "The Way We Used To" kicked in the dance scene with a voice (his voice) frequently considered sexy.

His good taste when doing own or others' singles it is also applicable to his musical preferences. The styles that best fit him are Hard House and Soul, maybe both mixed. He is quite reticent about progressive. He always selects what he thinks best of every style related to electronic music.

Talking about DJs, his preferred are Tony Humphries, Danny Tenaglia, Louie Vega, Derrick Carter and Baby Hec Romero. His favourite song is "Big Love".

E.G. Fullalove - Didn't I Know (Divas To The Dancefloor) (Cevins Diva Mix) <<< I STILL PLAY THIS DIVA ANTHEM JR USE TO HAMMER...

DIVA'S TO THE DANCE FLOOR PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Guest nikkki

Cevin Fisher is a DJ (also a producer) respected worldwide and in Ibiza too. A fabulous Remixer, he has made his own versions of themes such as "Fable" by Robert Miles (nr. 1 in Billboard Dance Chart), "Love You All My Lifetime" by Chaka Khan, "Blow" by Miles Davis or "I'll Be Good To You" by Quincy Jones.

Born in Jersey (USA), Fisher started to play with the "dishes" at 15, working in his father's club and in the high school parties later. In 1988 and in New York worked with Keith Diamond and Kyle West. Soon after he was programmer and remixer in the Shakedown Studios. His firsts gigs were with Whitney Houston.

He was the author of dancefloor bombs like "Women Beat Their Men" and "(You Got Me) Burnin' Up".

One of his most successful songs is "House is a Feeling" (1993).

Underground 2000

"Underground 2000", his first solo album, contains his best themes. "The Way We Used To",

"Music saved my life", "Check This Out", "Was Groove" and the number 1 "(You Got Me) Burnin' Up" with vocals by Loleatta Holloway.

Fisher has proved his knowledge. Places like Toronto (Canada), Italy, Switzerland and the UK had the chance to see him in action. However, the DJ prefers Canada because of the memories that come to his head. His present residence as a dj is at the D! Club of Switzerland.

Good taste

Cevin Fisher has made important contributions to the House world. "Music saved my life" and "The Way We Used To" kicked in the dance scene with a voice (his voice) frequently considered sexy.

His good taste when doing own or others' singles it is also applicable to his musical preferences. The styles that best fit him are Hard House and Soul, maybe both mixed. He is quite reticent about progressive. He always selects what he thinks best of every style related to electronic music.

Talking about DJs, his preferred are Tony Humphries, Danny Tenaglia, Louie Vega, Derrick Carter and Baby Hec Romero. His favourite song is "Big Love".

E.G. Fullalove - Didn't I Know (Divas To The Dancefloor) (Cevins Diva Mix) <<< I STILL PLAY THIS DIVA ANTHEM JR USE TO HAMMER...

DIVA'S TO THE DANCE FLOOR PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

So all this means you'll be attending??? ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

I can't make it as of now....

You can never go anywhere... ::)

What type of club legend are you?

It seems to me if you actually wanna be known as a club legend, maybe you should actually...

GO TO A CLUB!! :P

Guest nikkki

I think she's Venezuelan...

Yes! She's Venezuelan. The cover she appears in (on the flyer) is actually our Mexico May edition. She is currently the host of one of the shows on E-Entertainment in Spanish.

Our USA May edition has skateboarding legend Tony Alva and actor Victor Rasuk on the cover (on the left hand side of the flyer).

"For a vivid skateboarder, raiding and riding an empty pool with Tony Alva is as precious a priviege as a soccer fan getting a chance to play a pick up game with Pele. As a proffesion skater, Alva became the most accomplished of the legendary Zephyr Skaetboard Teamo or "Z-Boys" as they came to be known in their glory days back in the '70's. On June 3rd, Sony Pictures will release LORDS OF DOGTOWN AND Z BOYS". Directed by Catherine Hardwick the movie chronicles the true story of three of the most renowned members of the team: Stacy Peralta, Jay Adams and Tony Alva (who's role will be played by actor Victor Rasuk).

In a few hours I will be meeting Rasuk and Alva to talk about the movie, the cultural impact of skateboarding in Souther California, and if I'm lucky I'll score some free pointers on my skating. "

-MORE- on this article and a lot more in the May issue of LOFT

Just wanted to give a quick glimpse of the May issue......Pick one up on your way out on Friday ;)