Clubplanet Nightlife Community

While recording my mix....

rbs

I encountered that my needle was a little messed up making static noises. Under the eye here is what I saw....

Standard Diamond Tip. My Tip

_________ _________

\ / \ /

\ / \ /

\ / _____

\ /

\/

Guest swirlundergrounder

So basically that needle has been making the grooves in your records wider. Pretty soon you'll be hearing nothing!!!! If you keep going with the current needles.. I need to get new ones as well...

Guest lyrik

So basically that needle has been making the grooves in your records wider. Pretty soon you'll be hearing nothing!!!! If you keep going with the current needles.. I need to get new ones as well...

I stand by my shure white lables - best needles I've owned and some fo the best I have used period - I had stantons (they last long - but the sound quality is crap anyways) ortofon - sounds good for the 1st month - too lightweight - tips wear fast and they are too touchy as for vibrations or cueing records up - or I might be just a little heavy handed - anyways - Shure - for sure!

Guest Seb

I stand by my shure white lables - best needles I've owned and some fo the best I have used period - I had stantons (they last long - but the sound quality is crap anyways) ortofon - sounds good for the 1st month - too lightweight - tips wear fast and they are too touchy as for vibrations or cueing records up - or I might be just a little heavy handed - anyways - Shure - for sure!

Ya I've got the 44-7's, pretty much the standard for battle djs. I think the sound is pretty decent though. I haven't tried the white labels but I've heard good things. I used Stanton 680s for years. Even had an Stanton 890 if anyones ever heard of those.