Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Computer Question (Windows) HELP

Guest obby

Guest obby

Alright, I changed the background color to the font/text on my desktop short cuts. It used to be transparant with the default windows desktop picture. For some reason I can not change it back to "transparant". "transparant" is not a color option in the desktop properties/settings.

I hope someone understands what I'm babling. Someone surprise me and help me out please.

Alright, I changed the background color to the font/text on my desktop short cuts. It used to be transparant with the default windows desktop picture. For some reason I can not change it back to "transparant". "transparant" is not a color option in the desktop properties/settings.

I hope someone understands what I'm babling. Someone surprise me and help me out please.

How about System Restore? Did you just change it? restore it back

Guest obby

I have a MAC but I am asking about my Windows OS. I get a feeling that when first installed, you have the transparency feature but after changing it once you can no longer access the feature. I've searched the web and found software's actually created for this purpose but they are not free which leads me to believe it is a one time feature when first installed.

Restore? NO !!!

Found it. Thank God for google

How do I make the background of desktop icon text transparent?

Intended For

Windows XP

Windows 2000

Windows Me

Windows 98

Windows 95

If you're using desktop wallpaper, you'll still see a border around your icon captions the same color as your solid background. Here's how to remove that border so that the text looks like it's written right on your wallpaper:

Windows XP

Open System Properties in Control Panel, choose the Advanced tab, and click Settings in the Performance section. Turn on the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop option, and click Ok.

You can also try MicroAngelo (v5.5 or later), which allows you to change the text color, configure custom icons, and change other aspects of Windows.

Another utility of this type is WindowFX.

Windows 2000

Obtain and install the Transparent utility.

You can also try the "On Display" feature of MicroAngelo for lots of extra features.

Windows 95, 98, Me

Obtain and install the Disappear utility (4 kb). You'll need VB40032.DLL (381 kb) if you don't already have it.

You can also try the "On Display" feature of MicroAngelo for lots of extra features.

Note: in all versions of Windows, Microsoft provides no way to change the color of the text under desktop icons, which can make it very difficult to read in some circumstances. In Windows XP, the text has a shadow underneath, but this only goes so far. To change the font, open Display Properties in Control Panel, choose the Appearance tab (then click Advanced in Windows XP only), and choose Icon from the Item menu.