Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nocturnal and Crobar review...

V. Barbarino

Guest klubveteran

fuck it,i'm too drunk to type...

i'll post in the am, but Rivera ripped that mofo apart!!!!

As for nocutnal, terrible music, but a great time and a packed house..

Yeah that would be nice. Its your responsibilty to report back to us nerds that didnt make it out there for one reason or another. Personally i cant stay up past 10pm :-\

you know no pressure, just when your drunkness clears. we can use a fairly accurate run down of what went on. please dont "bling" your review and say how everything was great and shout out half of miami :P.

i know u dont ;D

even though this has nothing to do with it id liek to mention that Eddie Guerra is a douche bag. thanks 8)

no unofofcial review its all gonna be in my cj review

patio=loved it

roland=KING OF PATIO.......... he ripped it :) -lots of track ids

ill just name one......

EDGE OF SEVENTEEN-HOLY CRAPPPPPPPPPPP ridiculous

roy davis=he was ok ive heard better sets from aquabooty guest djs.... but really nice guy though :)

hell i may go back tomorrow instead of space..

loved the video screens above u . and the sound system was just ridiculous holy crap........

what a marathon

first in line....... Dade can confirm it lol ......

awesome hanging with u Dade always a class act. much success to you and Nocturnal.

This will definitly be the first of many afterhours for me at nocturnal on fridays for roland as well.

oh and klubveteran my review will not be all "blinged" as u say there are some things i didnt like though minor..... but i will address it in my cj review

I should title this, how salen got banned from nocturnal, after one mini review...

Main room hip hop - good stuff, it's jew hop aka, white boy hip hop... Not exactly my thing, but the dj did a great job..

Open format room. - TERRIBLE!!! The guy kept reverting back to hip hop! Hello jackasses, I don't want to hear the same shit being played down stairs. He has zero creativity in his track selction and his set flow, lacked diversity and can't mix different genres of music... That room has mad potential on fridays. The sound needs to be re thought. Worst system in the club. The highs were too high and there is no sound comming from the direction of the booth. Only 3 walls carry the sound. Maybe thats their intention, but it doesn't work... The speakers are so exacting, you can tell, there is a wall of sound missing. The sound doesn't fill the room like it should.

Nocuturnal, please bring my man B side to do that rooom, he already does a open format party and would rock that mofo... Just like I posted 100 tracks for oscar I could post 200 classic funk, rock, soul, r &b bombs, but that cat last night played nothing good.. ok, the GNR track rocked! But after that, it was a C- perfomance, wait fuck dat, with his mixing, he gets a D... Let me add something here, the crowd was not into this dudes set, thats basicaly what a club operator wants to know. Also i firmly belive that room on a friday could be the "place to be" on fridays. So much potential, but a rocky start...Don't hire hip hop djs to play open format rooms.. clubbing 101

Patio...

Nice meeting you Joe, but welcome to the real world of the saleen. You and nocturnal messed up... The opening dj, first off CAN'T MIX!!! How does a club spend 12 milion bucks and hand over the worlds greatest sound system, (MAN THAT FUCKER ROCKS OUT THERE, HANDS DOWN BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!) to a guy who can't mix? Then toss in his wacked track selection, he was dancing in the booth like a mad man, but zero of the crowd was. The guy should have been pull off the decks.

You want an opening dj?

I'll help you guys out

1. roland < best in the world

2. Rocky < every time i've seen him, he knows what he's doing.

3. Vaughn, <<< nocturnal and aquabooty are dumb for not bringing him in.

4. Jimmy t, < seasoned opening pro. Who was there and you guys should have put him on.

Here is the line thats gonna get me banned:

LP would have never of let that happend, he would have yanked the dude off the decks and made sure his opener on his patio knew what he was doing..

Now, there is gonna be 45743598732895 posts about how it's deep house and saleen you don't understand deep house and the scene of deep hosue bla bla bla. Show up to hear og and styrke open up their rooms tonight. They'll be playing deep house for their openings... Come watch how the big boys, the pros of the world, open a freaking room.

Couldn't stay for roland, had to hit up Crobar for Rivera... And that mofo ripped it!!!!!!!! BRING HIM TO SPACE OR NOCTURNAL PLEASE!!!!!!

See yous tonight for the real deal, real djs who know what they are doing...

saleen

ps, my review is basicaly about the muisc, as for the club, it's the greatest show on earth... it's not a club you describe, you can't write how sick it is, you simply must go, so fuck my long drawn out bs description, just fucking go....

A congrads to Dade on opening this place. With the stress of opening the club coupled with the stress of having a family member in need, I'm glad you pulled it off, and you guys did a wonderful job. Congrads again...

no unofofcial review its all gonna be in my cj review

patio=loved it

roland=KING OF PATIO.......... he ripped it :) -lots of track ids

ill just name one......

EDGE OF SEVENTEEN-HOLY CRAPPPPPPPPPPP ridiculous

roy davis=he was ok ive heard better sets from aquabooty guest djs.... but really nice guy though :)

hell i may go back tomorrow instead of space..

loved the video screens above u . and the sound system was just ridiculous holy crap........

what a marathon

first in line....... Dade can confirm it lol ......

awesome hanging with u Dade always a class act. much success to you and Nocturnal.

This will definitly be the first of many afterhours for me at nocturnal on fridays for roland as well.

oh and klubveteran my review will not be all "blinged" as u say there are some things i didnt like though minor..... but i will address it in my cj review

I told you mofos 3 weeks ago, if your dj is not playing edge of 17, then get a new dj...

i've had that mofo on repeat for a month now.. LOVE IT!

Guest Funketeer

16 years in miami, never saw a club like this...you can tell where the money was spent, all in there...all gadgets, from the sick speakers and screens to the laser activated urinals...the place is something to behold! 8)

still drunk @#$%&

Guest Funketeer

it was awesome to see everyone out in full force, hang out with Chaz and Rachel, thanks Talmage for the shots, if i was to start a name-dropping list I'd never stop...everyone was there, like a class reunion...going again tonite fo'shizzy!

congrats guys, what a treat! 8)

funk! 8)

Guest lyrik

Nocuturnal, please bring my man B side to do that rooom, he already does a open format party and would rock that mofo...

Patio...

You want an opening dj?

I'll help you guys out

1. roland < best in the world

2. Rocky < every time i've seen him, he knows what he's doing.

3. Vaughn, <<< nocturnal and aquabooty are dumb for not bringing him in.

4. Jimmy t, < seasoned opening pro. Who was there and you guys should have put him on.

wow - on point here all around - maybe you do know a thing or 2 ;)

JT really needs some time somewhere - not only does he know how to perform in various situations....he brings in people...and thats what its all about - every time I have seen him - from tiny little lobbys to bigger clubs - the place gets packed with people from all the boards and people that don't even post or read...he has the following...someone needs to give him a shot at it.

Guest Diabolique

even the illustrious Felipe (DJFX) could not tear me away from mutliple hours of pussy licking, so sowwie Felipe, surely you can understand :)

plus, I was too pooped to par-tay... ESP ESP ESPSP! after a certain 'belt of colours' audition....

<---has nothing to prove, what I want U to think, _______...

Guest lyrik

I don't know if I can take your word on this - was it his mixing...tracks..too deep what?

Who was the opener BTW that saleen was talking about...Saleen did you hear Roy? Too deep or what?

I don't know if I can take your word on this - was it his mixing...tracks..too deep what?

Who was the opener BTW that saleen was talking about...Saleen did you hear Roy? Too deep or what?

I don't know who I heard, but I think I heard the opener and only a few minutes of the guy after him... Deep house is not my thing, however i'm a sucker for great opening chill sets and that guy ruined my patio time... AB needs to understand that this is not AAA, it's MLB and you can't hire djs who simply can't mix two tracks together. It's embarassing... I begged all the deep house heads last night to fix it, but they all said, "ok he can't mix, but his tracks are ok".... lol.... I almost yanked the dude myself off the decks and put Jimmy T on there. Jimmy next time bring your records!!!!!!!!!

Guest laliux

The opener Djindi also killed the vibe at a previous Aquabooty event at State...luckily DHM came on to the rescue and got it going on.

Club is very nice....some hot ladies in the house..not as many as I expected..lots of familiar faces...see you when Joe brings Fish Go Deep. ;D

Guest lyrik

I don't know who I heard, but I think I heard the opener and only a few minutes of the guy after him... Deep house is not my thing, however i'm a sucker for great opening chill sets

ya I am not big on the deep tip either - its okay for about an hour then it plays on my nerves too much and IMO for the most part will kill a dnacefloor if the whole night is programmed that way - I was curious to see the style Roy laid down...he can bang it jackin house style or play deep.

Guest eKiTeL

I told you mofos 3 weeks ago, if your dj is not playing edge of 17, then get a new dj...

i've had that mofo on repeat for a month now.. LOVE IT!

where can I get it? does anybody know if it's out on vinyl?

Guest LdySphynx

Well first of all, I can say yeah it was worth the wait the sound is AMAZING, the setup is wicked...............................BUUUUUUUUUUUU UTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

The Club itself is WAY SMALLER then expected!!!!!!

On the music, well I actually ended up having a GREAT time in the Open Format and Main Room........rather than the Patio!!!

Way to Boring for me, sorry Deep House Lovers.................but i'll stick to my Progressive, Tribal, Progressive Tribal, Progressive House, Trance, and Progressive Trance before I go to another AquaBooty event!!!!

Will I go back???

Thats is actually very uncertain right now, unless they get some HEADLINERS in there............but when they do that I can only imagine whats its going to be like to get from one place to another!!!

Guest mursa

Well first of all, I can say yeah it was worth the wait the sound is AMAZING, the setup is wicked...............................BUUUUUUUUUUUU UTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

The Club itself is WAY SMALLER then expected!!!!!!

On the music, well I actually ended up having a GREAT time in the Open Format and Main Room........rather than the Patio!!!

Way to Boring for me, sorry Deep House Lovers.................but i'll stick to my Progressive, Tribal, Progressive Tribal, Progressive House, Trance, and Progressive Trance before I go to another AquaBooty event!!!!

Will I go back???

Thats is actually very uncertain right now, unless they get some HEADLINERS in there............but when they do that I can only imagine whats its going to be like to get from one place to another!!!

Well, if the Club in itself is suppose to cater for high-end spenders/clientel then i don't see a reason why it should be Big in terms of size ...cause then it would be a waste of space .

It's size probably suits it well .

couple things, the club is larger than you think, but the lay out prevents you from seeing the whole club, thus you think it's way smaller. Also Rudnick and stryke will be space type sets once 4am ish rolls around. And they already have some big guests lined up... Also Roland plays just like space, so you should have sticked around if you want the more progressive tunes, however he's not a progressive dj, roland is a house dj in the sense of nyc house.

As for edge of 17, no it's not out, they are trying to get stevie nicks to sign off on the copyright..

Guest Diabolique

As for nocutnal, terrible music, but a great time and a packed house..

so the music was rockin', then... ;D

Guest LdySphynx

Oh and I almost forgot to mention one little thing, we noticed that the drinks prices changed at different bars!!!!

And we went to all of them!!!

Guest JustDade

Oh and I almost forgot to mention one little thing, we noticed that the drinks prices changed at different bars!!!!

And we went to all of them!!!

That's good to know. It really is one of my pet peeves because it sucks for the customer. All I can say is I am sorry and it was night one. We'll get all that stuff straight this week.

For the record...while Saleen was telling me about how much the DJ sucked, he was also trying to get me to book Denny Tsettos. So much for his credibility.

it was dinji brown.... yeah his mixing is suspect. lol . he has fun on decks though lol

his mixing was good i just wasnt feeling what he was playin. until maybe right before roland came on.... he did have some good tracks here and there.... looking foward to hearing osunlade rip it on that sound system though ;D