Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Looking for a good DJ setup

dolik

Hey guys...I'm thinking of getting some tables/mixer for bedroom DJing and I need some help with what to buy. I know there's quite a few DJs on the board and I'd appreciate any suggestions regarding good equipment. I'm probably gonna buy off Ebay, not in a store b/c it's cheaper. I'm def. buying direct driven tables...no belt-driven garbage. Also, please don't advice to buy a pair of 1200s and a DJM-500/600 mixer (unless you know where 2 get that cheap)...I don't have money for that nor do I want a setup that good to start practicing with. I'm thinking of $400-900 range. Thanks a lot!

------------------

Dolik.jpg

------------------

SOUND FACTORY FRIDAYS: 'CLOUD NINE' GUEST LIST

Email dolik@yahoo.com to be put on the list

Hey buddy,im a dj and its great you want to get into it but let me tell you the best way to go is to buy the better stuff cause in the end when you like it your gonna want the better stuff so y spend money twice.Do it right the first time and happy spinning

Okay...check it out

-wheatonmusic.com 1200's for $370...they are refurbished...but they are 12's and they come re-tuned...my friend got his from there and they are perfect....

-the mixer: this is going to make your life considerably harder but in most cases, you dont want to buy stuff off ebay. I'd only advise that if you were getting something brand new in the box and sealed for considerably cheaper then retail price...The reason I say dont buy stuff off their is because you want to go somewhere that is not well known when you're bidding on stuff...My theory is the better known the site is, the more bids and the higher the price will eventually get....I got 2 1210's, with flight cases, stanton 680 carts for 700 bucks....off some not-well-known-at-all site.....i dont think there is debating that was a good deal....also..as far as the actual mixer is concerned, just get something you're comfortable with (the most significant part for me is the cueing system) make sure you're comfortable with this...i'd highly reccomend going to sam ash or a friends place and messin with their set up...besides that, as long as the mixer has a crossfader and eq's for each channel you're set...

thats about it i think...

------------------

rabanner2.jpg

http://www.rhythm-addiction.com

Originally posted by agrkdj:

Hey buddy,im a dj and its great you want to get into it but let me tell you the best way to go is to buy the better stuff cause in the end when you like it your gonna want the better stuff so y spend money twice.Do it right the first time and happy spinning

amen....i wanted to start immediately, so i asked a friend of mine what to buy and he told me what he thought was best....i couldnt have done better if i would have shopped around....

decide if you are serious or not...if you are, put up the money for the best stuff you can afford...you can always make it back later doing parties and making cds...

i pieced my setup which contains my board, sound system, and full lighting rig for about 3500, but if i would have done research instead of just buying things, i could have better shit than i have...regardless, i made 3000 in under a year, and i plan to double that this year...then ill redo my whole setup the way i should have done it to begin with

BG

------------------

Underground will live forever baby!!..We just like ROACHES....we never die...always livin!