Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dean Coleman

Guest somefiercehouse

Guest somefiercehouse

Just wondering what everyones thoughts were on this guy. Hes coming to HOB Orlando this Sunday. I know hes on Yoshitoshi, but what's his sound like?

thx

Guest KellyKel

;D

Dean is the man!

I know him from Atlanta and he is a great house DJ...he can change up styles well....luckily I got to see him on a regular basis...you should definitely enjoy his visit!

1.jpg

Dean Coleman started an illustrious career in the mid 90s as he took his love of music and began to do mobile parties while in college at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He began to play local NC clubs and then regional parties. In 1997, Dean made the move to Atlanta and hit just a year later in his first attempt at production with a bootleg of Pete Heller's anthem 'Big Love.' Fast forward to 2002--Dean strikes gold with a bootleg of Narcotic Thrust 'Safe From Harm,' which was signed by Deep Dish to their Yoshitoshi imprint. The remixes found their way to #1 on the Billboard chart and Dean was well on his way to being a favorite of the label. In 2004 alone, Dean Coleman has been on four Yoshitoshi releases and there is more ahead. Upcoming mixes include Morel's 'If You Love Me,' Brother Brown's 'Under the Water,' and a new original track which will be the follow up to the smash single 'KONTACT.' Dean has created a discography in the last few years that many take an entire career to acheive. He has produced/remixed for Deep Dish, Erick Morillo, Harry Choo -Choo Romero, Roger Sanchez, Hernan Cateneo, Josh Wink, Eddie Amador, Julie McKnight, and Felix Da Housecat. With countless original production, edits, and remixes to his credit, Dean always has something fresh in his record box.

Dean's latest accomplishment comes in the genre of commercial music score. He stars in and does an original score for a new international TV ad for PIONEER featuring their revolutionary DVJ-X1 Player. 'I've had the pleasure of working with Pioneer since 1995, and they always strive to make the best product and use most innovative technology,' states Dean on the collaboration.

2004 has been very busy, as his residency with Roger Sanchez at Pacha continued to great success. Dean's summer hot spots have been Tunisia, Ibiza, Budapest, Portugal, DC, and Montreal, just to name a few. Whether combining ever-futuristic technology, or just rocking the mixer, Dean DJ sets are not to be missed. Bringing 10 years of DJ experience to the decks and a flare for on the fly remixes, Dean always lights up the room. 'One of my favorite gigs was playing for Deep Dish's GU Release Party at Cielo in NYC, however, I always feel at home behind the tables whatever city I'm in. When I DJ I want people to feel like they are a part of what I'm doing and not that I'm there to play to them. I completely vibe off my crowd and the closer I am to them the better!'

For Spring of 2005 Dean along with Yoshitoshi will release his first mix compilation (House Of Yoshi - The Collection) which features 2 of his remixes along with hits from past and present from Deep Dish's Yoshitoshi Label., Look for new original tracks and remixes including 'Remember,' 'Behind The Music 2,' and a fresh remix for the new Roger Sanchez album of 'Lost.' Dean also continues his relationship with NARAS and the AUDIO ENGINEERING SOCIETY as well as his long standing relationship with keyboard legend ROLAND. Look for Dean in Paris, Budapest, Morocco, Tunisia, Dubai, Los Angeles, and DC as he continues his partnership with powerhouse booking agency BULLITT, Deep Dish's DJ Agency. For more information log on to WWW.DJDEANCOLEMAN.COM for all the news and a live downloadable mix set.

Guest somefiercehouse

wow, thanks guys.....my arm's twisted i suppose. too bad it's at HOB, even though Max Graham was the best night I had out in Orlando.....I miss the megaclubs of miami. :(

Guest Inán

I use a lot of his productions and remixes, they are fantastic... plus he's a super nice guy... haven't heard a DJ set from him yet tho, unfortunately ???

Dean is one of the most influential "unknown" DJs in the industry...

He's extremely well known outside the states, but still has not made huge headlines in the U.S. like most of his label mates and co-producing DJ friends...

I've been trying to bring Dean down here to miami for years(outside of WMC) ... hopefully now someone will listen... if you are listening (reading) PM me I already have permission to do the party ;)

Guest sross

Dean was down for WMC, playing Space with Deep Dish and the Heavy Rotation party. Nice guy and a great DJ :)