Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cool picture Fire Power - USS IOWA

Guest pod

16 inch shells weighing about 2,700 pounds each. Travelling somewhere in the vicinity of Mach 3 (2,100+ MPH).

Cruise missiles are a much more effective means of projecting force remotely, but the sheer terror inflicted by an Iowa-class battleship is nothing to laugh at.

Chris Rock put it best one time. He was commenting on how a lot of other nations hate the US now...his response was something to the effect of "Yeah, so? Can you kick our ass?"

With weapons like the Iowa, the B-2, the Reagan, the F-35, and so forth, no one's gonna pick a real fight with us soon.

As for the terrorist problem? Well, that's a leadership issue. The generals are hamstrung by an ineffective government that won't let them do their job effectively. If we let the generals run the war without having to report to Washington every time they needed to take a shit, we'd have our men and women home by now.

One thing I've been learning lately is that when you have effective people, it is best to broadly describe what you want, and let them worry about the details and present the results.

Guest teabag

sweet picture man!!!!!!!! I am new by the way i like the site and decided no to be a lurker ;D

16 inch shells weighing about 2,700 pounds each. Travelling somewhere in the vicinity of Mach 3 (2,100+ MPH).

Cruise missiles are a much more effective means of projecting force remotely, but the sheer terror inflicted by an Iowa-class battleship is nothing to laugh at.

Chris Rock put it best one time. He was commenting on how a lot of other nations hate the US now...his response was something to the effect of "Yeah, so? Can you kick our ass?"

With weapons like the Iowa, the B-2, the Reagan, the F-35, and so forth, no one's gonna pick a real fight with us soon.

As for the terrorist problem? Well, that's a leadership issue. The generals are hamstrung by an ineffective government that won't let them do their job effectively. If we let the generals run the war without having to report to Washington every time they needed to take a shit, we'd have our men and women home by now.

One thing I've been learning lately is that when you have effective people, it is best to broadly describe what you want, and let them worry about the details and present the results.

good call dan, i agree

Guest pod

Politicians and civillans have no place in running a war. Declare a war, tell the military what you want, and let them sort it out...it is what their trained for.