Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roland After hours...

V. Barbarino

As for the saturday/friday drama, I'm staying out of it!!! But it's all the talk on the patio these days. he he

Overall, it was a little slow last night.. I think the holiday killed it, and the fact you had to drive threw 4957895732485 gay hip hoppers who decided not to go into the clubs but rather hang out side of them. Seriously, come on, hip hoppers, why not actualy go into the clubs? In my college town, the non students from the "other side of the tracks" (literally) would show up downtown and ruin it by hanging outside and bothering people. So they passed new laws and starting arresting them. AND PARKING WAS 30 BUCKS LAST NIGHT!!!! We were forced to park a few blocks away for ten bucks.. Some dude, passed out twice in front of the cops and the cops really did nothing...

Word is OG quit djing, because the barf wagon was named OG Cafeteria...

Roland played well, much different than last week. Crowd was much thiner, so was the VIP, the holiday weekend kills miami. Vip was expanded and oh yea, they added a fan. Too bad YOU CAN'T FEEL IT FOR SHIT!!!! Dade, for friday after hours after 5am, you need to allow us to wear shorts, until the time you step up and buy more than a desktop fan to cool the patio.

I had a good time, it was kinda dead at 7:15am...

no cream vs hoxton whores

no prydz goodlife

no ben garoon freaking

no together by axwell and ingrosso

no granite and funk

no stonebridge, the new one with Rivera is hotness!

:(

I think the newest patio jam, will be:

Brighter Days – Dajae (Bini & Martini Rmx)

(you old school cats will know this)

Man, word is they recut the vox on this, and it's dope as fuck...

I would like to see more diversity in track selection from all jocks in miami.

ALSO, FOR ALL YOUS RAVING ABOUT EDGE OF 17, LOOK AT THE DATE ON MY POST...

And I correctly pointed out it would take a month to blow up here in Miami.

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=15142;start=msg175609#msg175609

Guest colione98

Great review Saleen.......

I actually went out there last night trying to show my cousin from outer- state(NY) how south beach looked on a Friday night...

Well, it was all to my surprise that it was hip hop night. I've only been living in South Florida for under a year and have not made it to a memorial SOBE and I tell you what, last night really killed the vibe on everything.....

I went from South Beach, to the Grove, and back up to Se 1st ave...... A total dissapointment. I literally had to apologiez to my cousing who was in hopes of seeing the real South beach night life; not to mention the babes.

The funniest moment of last night was when 2 blondes dressed as if they were heading to Amika were standing on a corner on the phone screaming, talking about.... Did South Beach move???? ??? ??? ??? ???

Now, don't get me wrong, I love me some hip hop and all about the culture. But for some reason, last night was pretty rugged and there were no smooth cats at all to be seen. Straight up hard rocksssss.........

Guest Darwin Castillo

I must say, I havent hear Roland since he played "good bye horses" on the patio at space and this took the points. He's a very good dj and he is coming out with such a better vibe then other after hours. It's almost like he's taking it back to good house. Thanks Roland! Good night and we'll do it again next week! Peace.

Guest klit

Aquabooty fans don't read this post if your gonna get upset with a negative review.

It's been a really long time since I've heard roland play so decided to check out the local celebrity party yesterday. Get to the area and caught a glimpse of what the beach probably looked like in front of warehouse. Like saleen said tons of people just hanging around the area. Parking was ridiculous but its a holiday weekend so I guess its expected. At the door roland was hanging out and he took care of me so thanks again.

Visually nocturnal is amazing. Love the staircase, the waterfalls, and the visuals on the patio. When I walked in the mainroom place was completly dead, though in all fairness it was past 4 in the morning and the hip hop crowd usually does not stay out at that time. The patio was a bit busier but it was still a very quiet night. Music was being handled by an aquabooty dj and even though only heard about 20 minutes of it was about to fall asleep and kept heading to the mainroom to hear some hip hop to keep me awake until roland got on. That music and the crowd is just really not for me. On the bright side I've never gotten drinks so quickly being that none of their crowd was ordering drinks.

When roland got started music picked up and vibe was slowly changing and within twenty minutes roland had put some life back into that party. Crowd was still thin but it was getting better. I enjoyed roly's set last night as he always brings it when he plays, but I've definately heard better sets from him. Good seeing pod, biz, roland, and saleen there.

I'll definately be back to support the local celebrity party and I do love the venue but I think they need a couple changes. The party before the local celebrity one needs to be more lively and energetic if they want people hanging around for afterhours. You can't be playing zombie sleep music and then at 430 in morning just switch the tempo like that. My recommendation is just move biz's party to saturdays following rudnick or do the aquabooty thing in a side room on fridays and on the terrace have another house dj until roland gets on.

Guest nikkki

As for the saturday/friday drama, I'm staying out of it!!! But it's all the talk on the patio these days. he he

Overall, it was a little slow last night.. I think the holiday killed it, and the fact you had to drive threw 4957895732485 gay hip hoppers who decided not to go into the clubs but rather hang out side of them. Seriously, come on, hip hoppers, why not actualy go into the clubs? In my college town, the non students from the "other side of the tracks" (literally) would show up downtown and ruin it by hanging outside and bothering people. So they passed new laws and starting arresting them. AND PARKING WAS 30 BUCKS LAST NIGHT!!!! We were forced to park a few blocks away for ten bucks.. Some dude, passed out twice in front of the cops and the cops really did nothing...

Roland played well, much different than last week. Crowd was much thiner, so was the VIP, the holiday weekend kills miami. Vip was expanded and oh yea, they added a fan. Too bad YOU CAN'T FEEL IT FOR SHIT!!!! Dade, for friday after hours after 5am, you need to allow us to wear shorts, until the time you step up and buy more than a desktop fan to cool the patio.

no prydz goodlife

no ben garoon freaking

no granite and funk

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=15142;start=msg175609#msg175609

We missed each other! I arrived at 1:30 stayed till 4 am, was exhuasted, though I loved Nocturnal and the patio!

Had no intentions of going out last night, but on my way home on 395 towards the beach, I had 2 options, sit in 3 hour traffic or stop at Nocturnal have some drinks and wait till traffic was over. Good choice! And def. worth it.

Too bad I missed Roland's set...really wanted to stay longer but I was way too tired. Will def. stop by again soon to check out Roland's patio set.

Thanks to Biz, Dade and Eddie for all. Again, LOVED the Nocturnal Patio!!!!!

no prydz goodlife

no ben garoon freaking

no granite and funk

We missed each other! I arrived at 1:30 stayed till 4 am, was exhuasted, though I loved Nocturnal and the patio!

Had no intentions of going out last night, but on my way home on 395 towards the beach, I had 2 options, sit in 3 hour traffic or stop at Nocturnal have some drinks and wait till traffic was over. Good choice! And def. worth it.

Too bad I missed Roland's set...really wanted to stay longer but I was way too tired. Will def. stop by again soon to check out Roland's patio set.

Thanks to Biz, Dade and Eddie for all. Again, LOVED the Nocturnal Patio!!!!!

damm! not even a call to let me know you were going???

IT'S OVA! :P

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

I've said it before and stick to it.. I love the fact that there's a great afterhours on Fridays Roland 'makes nocturnal on fridays' Well thats my opinion...

Guest Josephmama

WE HAD AN AWESOME TIME THIS MORNING!!!!!!!! nOT TOO BUSY BUT A FUN & GOOD LOOKING CROWD.. THE BLONDE BARTENDER (i FORGOT HER NAME, SHE'S GREAT THOUGH) IN THE BACK BAR WAS KILLING US WITH STIFF DRINKS!!!! ;D iN A GOOD WAY! wE WERE ALL OVER THE DANCEFLOOR & i KEPT GETTING WACKED ON THE HEAD WITH THESE BALLONS FLYING AROUND (lol). :P

nOW THAT WERE BACK HOME ON THE BEACH i'M WISHING i LIVED IN dOWNTOWN FOR THE WEEKEND. :'(

PHEW!!!! what a friday night/ saturday morning!!!! Props to Aquaboorty and Roly for a sick night behind the tuntables. Finally got to hear Roland on a patio. it's been over a year for me. Nice set. Nice meeting Nefarious girl, civs, missionary. Good to see thecj regulars(Rollyp,Illmatic,Renzo, Andrew Chib) and anybody else i'm forgetting. You guys are all cool peeps. I finally ran into Saleen, and although I was piss drunk, and I do not recall much of our conversation, I do remember enough to say that he is a cool, down to earth guy. Durrtylexx, my partner in crime, we had wayyyy too much to drink buddy. That doesn't mean much because next week we're doing it again!!!!!! we had a blast. POD, as drunk as you were, i just had to make sure i drove you home LMAO!!!!! Dade and Eddie. You guys are class acts. Eddy Guerra thanks for everything. Biz, Rocky and Roly, remember the patio days? Well guess what ? It's on again, full speed ahead. ;D

Guest durrtylexx

PHEW!!!! what a friday night/ saturday morning!!!! Props to Aquaboorty and Roly for a sick night behind the tuntables. Finally got to hear Roland on a patio. it's been over a year for me. Nice set. Nice meeting Nefarious girl' date=' civs, missionary. And anybody else i'm forgetting. You guys are all cool peeps. I finally ran into Saleen, and although I was piss drunk, and I do not recall much of our conversation, I do remember enough to say that he is a cool, down to earth guy. Durrtylexx, my partner in crime, we had wayyyy too much to drink buddy. That doesn't mean much because next week we're doing it again!!!!!! we had a blast. POD, as drunk as you were, i just had to make sure i drove you home LMAO!!!!! Dade and Eddie. You guys are class acts. Eddy Guerra thanks for everything. Biz, Rocky and Roly, remember the patio days? Well guess what ? It's on again, full speed ahead. ;D

[/quote']

OMG what a crazy night, morning etc. Roland's set was out of this world. Osulande was good although, I expected more drums. I have a sore neck from banging my head to Roland's set. Wicked, nasty dirty, dark set by Roland. He trully is one of Miami's finest & a heck of a nice guy. Rocky your one cool mofo also, I can't wait to hear you fuck it up on the patio. Dade nice meeting you, and Edie Guerra thanks bro. It was good hanging with the junkies that were there. Till the next party! ;)

PHEW!!!! what a friday night/ saturday morning!!!! Props to Aquaboorty and Roly for a sick night behind the tuntables. Finally got to hear Roland on a patio. it's been over a year for me. Nice set. Nice meeting Nefarious girl' date=' civs, missionary. Good to see thecj regulars(Rollyp,Illmatic,Renzo, Andrew Chib) and anybody else i'm forgetting. You guys are all cool peeps. I finally ran into Saleen, and although I was piss drunk, and I do not recall much of our conversation, I do remember enough to say that he is a cool, down to earth guy. Durrtylexx, my partner in crime, we had wayyyy too much to drink buddy. That doesn't mean much because next week we're doing it again!!!!!! we had a blast. POD, as drunk as you were, i just had to make sure i drove you home LMAO!!!!! Dade and Eddie. You guys are class acts. Eddy Guerra thanks for everything. Biz, Rocky and Roly, remember the patio days? Well guess what ? It's on again, full speed ahead. ;D

[/quote']

I got your voicemail but Im in Detroit. Ill see you at Nocturnal soon. ;)

PHEW!!!! what a friday night/ saturday morning!!!! Props to Aquaboorty and Roly for a sick night behind the tuntables. Finally got to hear Roland on a patio. it's been over a year for me. Nice set. Nice meeting Nefarious girl, civs, missionary. Good to see thecj regulars(Rollyp,Illmatic,Renzo, Andrew Chib) and anybody else i'm forgetting. You guys are all cool peeps. I finally ran into Saleen, and although I was piss drunk, and I do not recall much of our conversation, I do remember enough to say that he is a cool, down to earth guy. Durrtylexx, my partner in crime, we had wayyyy too much to drink buddy. That doesn't mean much because next week we're doing it again!!!!!! we had a blast. POD, as drunk as you were, i just had to make sure i drove you home LMAO!!!!! Dade and Eddie. You guys are class acts. Eddy Guerra thanks for everything. Biz, Rocky and Roly, remember the patio days? Well guess what ? It's on again, full speed ahead. ;D

It's ok sweets. I doubt you even understood a word in that message anyway, I was wasted and Alex(durrtylexx) was right next to me in the car laughing at me. Here's the convo after we dropped off pod. Too bad he wasn't here to witness this. He was in his own drunken world

-Rick ( driving drunk on cellphone) Hey Carisa just callinrfrguihfdfrewgfrfrgtfwerfwe just nocturnalDFFTFTFJGFHFHG.

Alex- Dude are you ok?

Rick- What do you mean you're wasted too!

Alex- Hey asshole you're mumbling on somebody's voicemail.

Rick- how do you know i'm mumbling if you're piss drunk yourself dickhead?

Alex- Whatever dude, just drive. we got 2 hotties waving in the car aside us. Stop being a fag and lower the window.

Rick-hotties? they look horrible. Whos drunk now?

Alex- fuck you, at least they don't look like those two transvestites that were hitting on us at nocturnal....

Rick-LMAO alright dog you win. we're drunk and so are they.LOL.

Good times.....Alcohol makes everything so much better. Or does it? ;D

Till next week, same bat time , same bat channel......

Guest Cosmigonon

PHEW!!!! what a friday night/ saturday morning!!!! Props to Aquaboorty and Roly for a sick night behind the tuntables. Finally got to hear Roland on a patio. it's been over a year for me. Nice set. Nice meeting Nefarious girl' date=' civs, missionary. Good to see thecj regulars(Rollyp,Illmatic,Renzo, Andrew Chib) and anybody else i'm forgetting. You guys are all cool peeps. I finally ran into Saleen, and although I was piss drunk, and I do not recall much of our conversation, I do remember enough to say that he is a cool, down to earth guy. Durrtylexx, my partner in crime, we had wayyyy too much to drink buddy. That doesn't mean much because next week we're doing it again!!!!!! we had a blast. POD, as drunk as you were, i just had to make sure i drove you home LMAO!!!!! Dade and Eddie. You guys are class acts. Eddy Guerra thanks for everything. Biz, Rocky and Roly, remember the patio days? Well guess what ? It's on again, full speed ahead. ;D

[/quote']

It's ok sweets. I doubt you even understood a word in that message anyway, I was wasted and Alex was right next to me in the car laughing at me. Here's the convo.

-Rick ( driving drunk on cellphone) Hey Carisa just callinrfrguihfdfrewgfrfrgtfwerfwe just nocturnalDFFTFTFJGFHFHG.

Alex- Dude are you ok?

Rick- how do you know i'm mumbling if you're piss drunk yourself?

Alex- Whatever dude, just drive. we got 2 hotties waving in the car aside us. Stop being a fag and lower the window.

Alex- at least they don't look like those two transvestites that were hitting on us at nocturnal....

LOL!! ;D

[/quote']

u finally met nick haha

glad ya'll had a good time, im stuck here in borelando

Guest durrtylexx

[/quote']

It's ok sweets. I doubt you even understood a word in that message anyway, I was wasted and Alex(durrtylexx) was right next to me in the car laughing at me. Here's the convo after we dropped off pod. Too bad he wasn't here to witness this. He was in his own drunken world

Alex- Dude are you ok?

Rick- how do you know i'm mumbling if you're piss drunk yourself dickhead?

Alex- fuck you, at least they don't look like those two transvestites that were hitting on us at nocturnal....

to good times bitoch.. that was one of the craziest nights/mornings, that i've experienced. no more details shall be discused. lol CRAAAAAAZZZY holy shit. wtf ;D