Clubplanet Nightlife Community

King of the Patio

Guest musicalmissionary

Guest ramon

nothing compares to roland, sanker k, and pete tong all together...that was a crazy wild night to remember

I was there too. It was magical to see all 3 of them tag teaming, but I still think Roger's set was the best I've heard there.

i remember this night too .. i was in chicago hearing jeff mills and kept getting texts's from te patio .. id'ing tracks from the couch sure was awesome.

luciano realy needs a shot here in miami .. hopefully wmc '06!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest biznation00

how times change...

I think it's safe to say that in the era of the old space Ivano & Lawler held that title, at the new space Roland & Sander stepped up & now Roger is the international front runner to the throne...

and as for Saleen's comment about anyone rockin' the patio. Don't think so! there are a small handful of guys that can do both, but just like the patio guys don't fare so well in the mainroom; mainroom guys don't fare so well out on the terrace. It's nite & day (LITERALY)... Just cuz you play bangin' sh_t, "worship the dj" kinda stuff that makes peepz fist pump & jump, doesn't mean that you can groove & dance the terrace. Only a select few can do both. a very tiny, tiny population...

I think we have an idea of who those inside out guys are... and I think we all know who the royalties of the terrace are! ;)

Some djs simply need to leave the mainroom stuff in the MAINROOM! It takes time to learn how to play a terrace sound...

You either have it, or you dont! There is NO in between!

Guest bootstah

I've not seen him......or wait I saw him for 30 mins in December, but from what I heard it's gotta be Roger

ROGER! ROGER! ROGER!

I'm so excited for this weekend. This time I'm not taking idiots that want to leave right away!!!!! ???

Guest trancelator

nothing compares to roland, sanker k, and pete tong all together...that was a crazy wild night to remember

Yup. It was like WMC five months early. What a great morning/afternoon that was. I know it's wishful thinking but I'd love to see more of those type of things happen.

Guest durrtylexx

Yup. It was like WMC five months early. What a great morning/afternoon that was. I know it's wishful thinking but I'd love to see more of those type of things happen.

that was a special day at space.

sander - roland and pete tagging back and forth..

good choons were played that day..

a space highlight fo sho!

BTW I hate the new patio!!!

the music is fucking garbage, the crowd is disgusting and vibe is completly off..

i'm not stating that Cedric is a bad dj, but the music has gotten so hard on the patio. i know he has to play the music that the crowd wants to hear, but its so just dam hard. everyone on the patio wants to get blown away.

Guest durrtylexx

lexx some clown this weekend jumped up to the booth on le terrace and told Oscar and Nic to play more commercial becuase they would lose the crowd. .. ffs.

ha ha ha ridiculous!

Guest Cosmigonon

. This time I'm not taking idiots that want to leave right away!!!!! ???

Exactly!!!! Lose the dead weight before getting there...

Guest Cosmigonon

good choons were played that day..

Turning british, aren't we?

Guest djqba

how times change...

I think it's safe to say that in the era of the old space Ivano & Lawler held that title, at the new space Roland & Sander stepped up & now Roger is the international front runner to the throne...

and as for Saleen's comment about anyone rockin' the patio. Don't think so! there are a small handful of guys that can do both, but just like the patio guys don't fare so well in the mainroom; mainroom guys don't fare so well out on the terrace. It's nite & day (LITERALY)... Just cuz you play bangin' sh_t, "worship the dj" kinda stuff that makes peepz fist pump & jump, doesn't mean that you can groove & dance the terrace. Only a select few can do both. a very tiny, tiny population...

I think we have an idea of who those inside out guys are... and I think we all know who the royalties of the terrace are! ;)

Some djs simply need to leave the mainroom stuff in the MAINROOM! It takes time to learn how to play a terrace sound...

As a Dj and a consumer of the music I couldn't have said it myself...

Guest ramon

how times change...

I completely agree Biz. There's quite a difference b/w the rooms, the vibe, the music. Unforatunely it doesn't seem like it anymore. I miss hering November Girl on the Patio. :(

Girl

I want you

I need you

Right now.

Guest Satan

how times change...

I completely agree Biz. There's quite a difference b/w the rooms, the vibe, the music. Unforatunely it doesn't seem like it anymore. I miss hering November Girl on the Patio. :(

Girl

I want you

I need you

Right now.

damn, thats CLASSIC Roland right there! great memories, i still play that track whenever i need to feel those times!!

Guest pod

the music is fucking garbage, the crowd is disgusting and vibe is completly off..

You're paying attention the music at that hour? Honestly, when 5% of the crowd "cares", most DJs good or bad will choose to fuck off and do whatever.

Guest ramon

You're paying attention the music at that hour? Honestly, when 5% of the crowd "cares", most DJs good or bad will choose to fuck off and do whatever.

if that were true. I'd like to see dj's experiment a bit more. FFS we have DC10 we just don't have the music. We already have the outrageous haircuts, sunglasses and t-shirts. All we need now is some crazy music. Something different than the fuckin mainroom.

Guest Cosmigonon

well, he actually belongs to that 5%...

Guest pod

Humans are lazy. If only 5% is disgruntled, I'm gonna ignore that 5%. For fuck's sake it is 10 in the morning! If I was a DJ, i'd look at it this way.

1. It's 10 AM

2. 95% of the people are not musically inclined.

3. I've been up for quite awhile now. Red-eye to MIA, ride to the club, on to the decks.

4. Oh shit, the waitress just bought me a bottle of PJ!

5. Oh shit, ya see that girl? Hey sweetheart, come on up...Mark, go get her. Yeah, tell Johnny it's alright, she's cool.

6. That disgruntled guy over there, why the hell does he bother showing up? Walking around like I just fucked his sister and ran over his pet cat.

7. OK next record.

But seriously folks...after a certain hour, stop being a whiny trainspotter, crack open a few cold ones, and enjoy life. I know I do. I go out to have fun. My friends are there, I've got my gear, I'm ready to go.

Ramon's got a point though, it could get wacko on the musical side and I think the crowd would be cool with it.

Guest ramon

Humans are lazy. If only 5% is disgruntled, I'm gonna ignore that 5%. For fuck's sake it is 10 in the morning! If I was a DJ, i'd look at it this way.

1. It's 10 AM

2. 95% of the people are not musically inclined.

3. I've been up for quite awhile now. Red-eye to MIA, ride to the club, on to the decks.

4. Oh shit, the waitress just bought me a bottle of PJ!

5. Oh shit, ya see that girl? Hey sweetheart, come on up...Mark, go get her. Yeah, tell Johnny it's alright, she's cool.

6. That disgruntled guy over there, why the hell does he bother showing up? Walking around like I just fucked his sister and ran over his pet cat.

7. OK next record.

But seriously folks...after a certain hour, stop being a whiny trainspotter, crack open a few cold ones, and enjoy life. I know I do. I go out to have fun. My friends are there, I've got my gear, I'm ready to go.

Ramon's got a point though, it could get wacko on the musical side and I think the crowd would be cool with it.

yeah now someone needs to sort out the wackiness .. WE ARE CIRCOLOCO :)

• 6 months later...
Guest musicalmissionary

FYI... this thread does not reflect my views today. That night was amazing... but his patio sessions since then have been far from impressive. He's in a rut in my opinion. But I'll prolly give him another chance to redeem himself in a few weeks and check him out.