Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra moving to L.A

Guest tiltmiami

Guest tiltmiami

PLEASE TELL ME ITS BULL.some one told me that WMC AND ULTRA was moving to cali in a couple years,now i heard that from many different people from the industrie that i respect now is it true or just another rumor

Guest Civs

WMC has been running for so long here. I think this is the unofficial home, at least I hope it is. would be a great crush to me if it moved :( tilt, u may want to ask Saleem since he owns the club seen here. he'll tell you what is what.

Guest riotgear

As long as WMC stays in Miami, ULTRA can go to Mars.

that would be wiiiccckkkkeedddddddddd pure oxygen tanks for all who attend :)

Guest Tru1

Hey,

LA is one of only 3 or 4 markets in America where promoters of Dance music can make serious money. Electric Daisy Carnival, Coachella, Giant LA, etc. etc. still do very well in LA. One of my former partners "Disco" Donny Estopinal is from New Orleans but has some of his biggest shows in the LA marketplace. If I was Russell or Alex, or Track Entertainment I would be pushing very hard for the LA market. 6 figure+ dance music concert profits are hard to come by, but definitely possible in LA.

Guest JoeBudious

wmc won't go anywhere. If they leave M3 would hold it together. The city of Miami Beach would find so much money to keep a conference here. They will not let 26 million dollars go somewhere else.

No worries.

Guest ramon

OK, how many of you people actually go to the WMC itself?

i went last year to james' dvj presentation it was great. :)

got to do some networking with the ra people and pfiddy

Guest coach

Bill Kelly's home is Miami, people. Like he'd want to run a conference thousands of miles away from his home. It's tough enough to run something like that where you live. And Ultra wouldn't be possible without WMC. So, it ain't going anywhere.

Guest james stratus

That's what I'm getting at. If the WMC itself moves, will anyone of y'all notice?

If WMC is not here then neither would the DJs be. It all goes where conference goes and M3 couldn't hold it together the same way. Although... everyone loves Miami so much and it is such a staple of the Dance scene, the music and club factor would come together during Spring on the Beach regardless. WMC/Miami is pretty much the Ibiza pre-party, so I wouldn't count on Bill leaving for Vegas until the BS the Beach Government gives him gets seriously thick.

Guest barstar diana

As long as WMC stays in Miami, ULTRA can go to Mars.

i agree ultra is over rated i had more fun at WMC events than ultra..anyways if ultra leaves another party will get created to take it's place

Guest jbit

That's what I'm getting at. If the WMC itself moves, will anyone of y'all notice?

If WMC is not here then neither would the DJs be.

Plain and simple. Yes most of them show up at some point during the year but it's not the same as a week long free for all.

Guest the light

What you probably heard is that they'll be having a version of Ultra in LA. Just like the one that's going on in Sept. in Central Park NY and in november, ULTRA beach in PR. They're probably just introducing their product to other markets . That doesn't mean they are leaving Miami...

http://www.ultranewyork.com/

Guest swirlundergrounder

Same rumor goes around every year but its usually that its moving to Vegas.

I've been hearing that Vegas rumor also since 98'. Saying that vegas would be a better place for the WMC so that all the Spring Breakers wuld not interfere with it. But come on now. Miami vs Vegas? Vegas doesn't stand a chance....LA is another story though. I hate LA....

Guest vegasguy25

Having WMC in LA would suck. Bigtime. LA has exactly one great venue-Avalon. The quality of their clubs drops precipitously after that. Everything is so spread out too. For those who haven't been to LA, it is very, very big. Having an Ultra in LA would be cool I guess, but WMC better not ever move, even to Vegas. It's great right where it is, in Miami.

Guest pussErox

It can go. I participated in a couple WMC's (99-2000). when I was with The DJ Store. Too much hype IMO. Just go to the parties and pay. Do you need a remix 101 class again? The badge ain't worth shit, and they all fuck you. Not to mention that it can't keep up with technology. So many better ways of doing shit than what they are showing you in those 'workshops'. But you should know in advance they ain't gonna give away the secrets anyhow.