Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Colette comes to Gryphon on July 2nd

Guest r3nz0

Guest r3nz0

Colette Releases Her Much Anticipated Debut Artist Album 'Hypnotized'

Om Records - The United Nations of Future Music has signed multi-talented producer/DJ/Vocalist and DanceStar Break Through Artist award winner, Colette, releasing her long awaited debut full length artist album Hypnotized this week. Known around the world as a pioneering woman in dance music for being one of the first female DJs to blend vocal performance and DJing, Colette creates captivating, organic warmth with her mezzo soprano voice complemented by her programming ingenuity.

Writing her own music, and singing on all the songs, the new album is anticipated to be a ground shaker in the electronic music community with a strong buzz already forming for the first single 'Feelin Hypnotized' (Featured in Motorola Ad Campaign) and chosen as "Best Song in a Commercial" at the 2004 DanceStar Awards. Already gaining radio and club play support from KCRW's Raul Campos and Mark Farina, Derrick Carter and Angel Alanis among others.

Not many DJs get their start as child-prodigy opera singers or drop gorgeous live vocals while mixing the grooves...Not many DJs are DJ Colette.

Voted in the 'Next 100' by URB Magazine, founder of the all female DJ Collective Super Jane (w/ Lady D, Heather and Dayhota), co-host of the 3 year running syndicated show Maximum Rotation on KIIS Fm with Kevin Dees (son of the radio legend Rick Dees), one of the three talent judges for the Rockstar 'Beauty and the Beats' female DJ competition, and touring endlessly around the globe, it�s a wonder Colette can find time necessary to work on her own material. Colette explains, "I've been working on this album for 8+ years to create what I love in and outside of the disco. It's a huge departure from any singles that I've released before. Everything is more developed on this album, from the songwriting to the production."

The definition of the work 'hypnotized' is: having your attention fixated as though by a spell. "I've always said that songs themselves are tangible magic," explains Colette.

Playlist & listen to samples:

www.djcolette.com

Get HYPNOTIZED by Colette - The "Hypnotized" Tour Featuring Colette:

6/3 Las Vegas - Ice

6/4 Los Angeles - Circus

6/11 San Francisco - Virgin Megastore SF Free In-store 7PM-

6/11 San Francisco - DNA Lounge

6/16 Brooklyn, New York City - Halcyon Free In-store 7PM-

6/16 NYC - Cielo

6/17 Buffalo - Jade

6/18 Toronto - Film

6/23 Omaha - Nico

6/24 Chicago - Virgin Megastore Chicago Free In-store 7PM-

6/24 Chicago - Smart Bar

6/25 Seattle - Platinum Records Free In-Store 7PM -

6/25 Seattle - Chop Suey

6/30 Edmonton - the Standard

7/1 Cleveland - Cloud 9

7/2 Ft. Lauderdale - Gryphon Room - Pangaea

7/3 Jacksonville @ Blue Room

7/7 Baltimore - Mosaic

*7/8 Dallas - Tower Records Free In-store 7PM -

7/8 Dallas - Minc Lounge

7/9 Chicago - Smart Bar

*7/15 Salt Lake City - Mechanized Records Free In-store 7PM-

7/15 Salt Lake City * Halo

7/16 San Francisco - Space 550

7/23 San Diego - Galileo 101

7/30 Hamptons - Star Room

oh shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttt i love colette damn whats up with july 2nd i cant miss fiasco at blue . damn ill have to miss colette . ugh im soooooooooo pissed

only thing that kinda also makes me pick fiasco over collette is that i dislike where pangea's dj booth is all the way up there. if thats where shes singing also then its way too impersonal .........

shes gonna rock it though her voice is mesmerizing and her tracks rock

Guest musicalmissionary

oh shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttt i love colette damn whats up with july 2nd i cant miss fiasco at blue . damn ill have to miss colette . ugh im soooooooooo pissed

only thing that kinda also makes me pick fiasco over collette is that i dislike where pangea's dj booth is all the way up there. if thats where shes singing also then its way too impersonal .........

shes gonna rock it though her voice is mesmerizing and her tracks rock

It's at Gryphon. I just finished the flyer last night... or this morning I should say.

Guest soozin

:-\

i feel your pain bling.. whys it gotta be the same nighttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Guest lyrik

hmmmmmmmmmmm just cant miss fiasco though .....grrr

I say we kidnap her and bring to Blue and have Fiasco and her play together - Johnny spinnin it up and Colette on the bar singing!

hmmmmmmmmmmm just cant miss fiasco though .....grrr

I say we kidnap her and bring to Blue and have Fiasco and her play together - Johnny spinnin it up and Colette on the bar singing!

sounds like a plan.......... plus i wanted to hit jz for afterhours after blue

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

I AM 100% IN THE FUCKING HOUSE.......................COLLETTE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS LIKE AN ALL NIGHTER!!!!! WHAT UP C?? YOU GONNA MAKE IT THIS TIME ;)

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM EXCITED NOW!!!!!!!!!!11

Guest musicalmissionary

Anyone else think this weekend is going to be like a mini-WMC?

We've been having mini-WMC's about once a month since WMC 8)

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

Careful not to hit anyone there, steve. :o

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! SORRY POD :-\ ILL TRY TO PLAY LIKE A BIG BOY AND KEEP MY HANDS TO MYSELF NEXT TIME