Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Derrick Carter @ Gryphon Unofficial Review WITH PICS

Bling

what can i say.......... BEST SET IVE HEARD THIS YEAR....... and it wasnt soulful house.......

for about an hr i was broken thanks to David Orth and the two back to back patron shots... (thanks bro. and thanks for the kind words about me....... meant a lot)

thanks also to the aquabooty table ;) u guys rock. happy bday again to jaime. good talkin to you for a bit there tomas 8)

anyways DERRICK CARTER IS A REAL LEGEND. ALL VINYL....... WOW . HUGE PROPS

at 545 he was still goin. lyrik, alan and gina and bside all that was left from the huge crew. and about 15 others in club

what sucks about gryphon is that the people that go there dont know a thing about music its more of a touristy locale. i mean there were some that def understood what derrick was delivering but it wasnt the majority. the vibe sucked and crowd was relatively dead (though it was slammed to the rafters)

the man rocked it like no dj ive heard. 2 min-3min mixes he played a billion tracks. just funky dirty sleazy house ......

thanks for the id help lyrik (master of all things chicago house)....... should have gotten his autograph grrrr oh well.....

he mixed flawless his track selection was ridiculous. i mean HE PLAYED THE FREAKIN STAR WARS CANTINA THEME. HOLY CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPP

nothign left to say except... IF U DIDNT GO U MISSED OUT

my official review later this week

PS (it was a pleasure to meet a swet girl by the name of kimberly) thanks for the kind words about me and cool talkin to u.... now join the board and stop lurkin ;)

pics soon

Guest ramon

he was rally fuckin good .. i think this wouldve been the perfect show to take someone who hadnt really heard house and just wanted to get down. good to see everyone come come out and support this man.

gryphon is cool .. small room good system .. i'll be back im sure.

i had an awesome time.

50 cent , starwars , ying yang twins and whole lotta ass shakin.

jason wigil played a wicked wicked openign set.

sandcastles went right the fuck off.

thanks for everything bliss/lust/excess.

david you rock.

TEAM JAGER :: SHOT TEAM.

he was rally fuckin good .. i think this wouldve been the perfect show to take someone who hadnt really heard house and just wanted to get down. good to see everyone come come out and support this man.

gryphon is cool .. small room good system .. i'll be back im sure.

i had an awesome time.

50 cent , starwars , ying yang twins and whole lotta ass shakin.

jason wigil played a wicked wicked openign set.

sandcastles went right the fuck off.

david you rock.

or patron........ thanks david :-X lol

of course it was the best set this year.... well until next week, then that set will be the best set you heard, but then again, the following week, that set will be the best you've heard all year, but then again, after that week, the next set will be the best you've heard all year...

sorry bling, you are a nice guy, but your reviews are pathetic and predictable.

also, if the crowd was dead, then the dj didn't do his job... regardless of how out of touch they are with the edm scene.. put og in that room and watch what would happen ;)

djing 101

Guest ramon

of course it was the best set this year.... well until next week, then that set will be the best set you heard, but then again, the following week, that set will be the best you've heard all year, but then again, after that week, the next set will be the best you've heard all year...

sorry bling, you are a nice guy, but your reviews are pathetic and predictable.

also, if the crowd was dead, then the dj didn't do his job... regardless of how out of touch they are with the edm scene.. put og in that room and watch what would happen ;)

djing 101

crowd was dancin' dj did his job .. mixing was off the fuckin hizzy.

had a really good time. :)

Guest mursa

Nice Night ....that type of music really isn't my fav by a long shot , but it did have its moments and for me the 2 best songs were the 50 cents remixed song aswell as Ying Yang twins ..

... I was just glad to see familiar faces that i havent seen in a while ...digital7,ramon (plusorminus.org?) ,koky and Diego (thanx bro )

8)

Guest lyrik

my feeling is that the crowd didnt know how to react to this kind of music. u dont hear this in miami ever....... they were like WTF???

no,you got it wrong! The dj was hired to move the crowd thus the dj has to adapt to the crowd, not the other way around... The dj was probably not brought up to speed on the crowd type at this venue thus probably had little in his bag to save the set.

Ivano rocks the hard rock with no problem... he understands the crowd.

Yeah okay - teach Derrick ::)

First off Derrick had well over 300 hundreds tracks (mostly vinyl) - had tons of accapellas - and a fair share I KNOW YOU LIKE.

About the crowd and the DJ doin his job...this is where you go considerably way off base - in fact I would say Derrick held that crowd longer than any Dj could - it wasn't dead - just so damn packed and everyone was all up on each other - shit half the room was trying to have sex with each other on the dancefloor - whats funny is even at other events I've been to with miami Djs and Miami clubs - in general the crowd still doesn't know what the fuck is up in regards to dancing - dancing is not standing in one place hoppin or pumpin your fist - where I'm from people actually move and know how to dance...I have yet to see an event down here (other than rave type shit with break circles) where the crowd is just gettin down...sure you have your random people here and there but for the most part its all lets get lumped in a mass and sway back and forth and pretend were dancin.

YING YANG TWINS WAS OFF THE FREAKIN HIZZY FO SHIZZY...and Derrick droped spastik.

Don't compare apples to oranges with this one - you honestly have no frame of reference for this.

to me this set though not my favorite kind of house though im really starting to love chicago house music. it was more about just sitting in awe at his skills and what he was doing up there.

this guy was def one of the guys who wrote the book on djing

hopefully hes back in miami in the foreseeable future......

Guest lyrik

omfg he played spastik?!

:o :o :'(

I thought you had left by then...I was lookin around to see where you were at - ya brought it up all sneaky...and I can't for the life of me remember what accapella he played over the top once it was fully in.

Guest ramon

omfg he played spastik?!

:o :o :'(

I thought you had left by then...I was lookin around to see where you were at - ya brought it up all sneaky...and I can't for the life of me remember what accapella he played over the top once it was fully in.

damn i had a great time regardless.. i had to get down to noc to go see greg anyway .. who rocked it out proper as well.

great night musically.

Guest Diabolique

There's never any room to dance, esp last night. I had to dance in the entrance just to have room to move, lol..

I was great seeing some of you peeps last night, Danny, Koky, and Grooooove Eric. So disappointed I did not get to see Jon (whatchoo doing not being in FL, mr. M.I.A.?!?), or meet Vaughn, and Nicole again. (wanna see those lovely new tats!), but there's always next time. 8)

mmm, technically he was a good DJ, track selection was decent, but I felt only a few songs, but surely that is due to my tastes, not the DJ. I can say that I blow dryed my hair straight last night (whut! in the summer!?! am I crazy?!?), and it's still straight--only danced to a few songs. Overall, he was good, and I would see him again.

jasonwiggil.jpg

Jason Wiggil opening set

jason.jpg

soozin.jpg

Soozin and her sweet friend

joeanddanny.jpg

Joe and Danny

aquabootytable.jpg

Aquabooty Table (Joe, Tomas, Jaime and a good lookin chica)

blingandjoe.jpg

Joe and Moi

kokyandlyrik.jpg

Koky and Lyrik (Yes Koky.. lol and grooveeric was in da house too.... trueeeeeeeeee)

dancera.jpg

Gryphon Dancer

dancerb.jpg

Gryphon Dancer #2

jagercrew.jpg

Jager Crew

LOL.jpg

LOL yeah were both broken.......

sethandalan.jpg

Seth and Alan

vinyl.jpg

All Vinyl for a travelling DJ :o and ck out the title "DISCO" oh yeahhhhhh

derrickc.jpg

Derrick Carter

derrickb.jpg

derric.jpg

blingandderrick.jpg

kimberly.jpg

Bling and Kimberly :)

alandancing.jpg

Alan and Gina dancing like crazy......

ugh i lost a few in my inebriated state grrrr

Guest lyrik

Am I remembering right? Did Derrick drop Erykah Badu - On & On (accapella) over spastik...I think thats it. Silly ass night.

Guest Seb

Am I remembering right? Did Derrick drop Erykah Badu - On & On (accapella) over spastik...I think thats it. Silly ass night.

ya man I was lovin that

Guest digital7

i had an awesome time.

david you rock.

jagercrew.jpg

fun night.. Derrick ripped it... still a bit hazy, but everything will come back...

Guest Diabolique

oh yeahhhhh, that was awesome! She's one of my favorite's... I was just listening to this song not even a week ago. cooooool. 8)

Guest durrtylexx

YING YANG TWINS WAS OFF THE FREAKIN HIZZY FO SHIZZY...and Derrick droped spastik.

no doubt, that's a nasty fucking remix. dirty fucking bass, i loved it.

the crowd was garbage, its a lauderdale crowd, they don't know jack shit about music.

I have to say Derick Carter was unbelievable, the man fucked that mixer like no other. He used all the equipment, a real dj. rediculous!!