Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Derrick Carter @ Gryphon Unofficial Review WITH PICS

Bling

YING YANG TWINS WAS OFF THE FREAKIN HIZZY FO SHIZZY...and Derrick droped spastik.

no doubt, that's a nasty fucking remix. dirty fucking bass, i loved it.

the crowd was garbage, its a lauderdale crowd, they don't know jack shit about music.

I have to say Derick Carter was unbelievable, the man fucked that mixer like no other. He used all the equipment, a real dj. rediculous!!

;D true...........

Guest ashish

Am I remembering right? Did Derrick drop Erykah Badu - On & On (accapella) over spastik...I think thats it. Silly ass night.

you are correct my friend.

Guest AlanS

my feeling is that the crowd didnt know how to react to this kind of music. u dont hear this in miami ever....... they were like WTF???

no,you got it wrong! The dj was hired to move the crowd thus the dj has to adapt to the crowd, not the other way around... The dj was probably not brought up to speed on the crowd type at this venue thus probably had little in his bag to save the set.

Ivano rocks the hard rock with no problem... he understands the crowd.

LOL...now that's some funny shit.

Anyway...

I'm still at a loss for words....sick, sick, sick, night of house music, def one of the best of 2005, hands down. DC got nasty on us. Working 3 and 4 accapellas and beat tools on one table, over a single track on the other, flawlessly. When he dropped Spastik it was OVA! Topped the night off with disco classics done right. The crowd didn't know what hit em.

DC is a true legend, with the skills to back that status up. Never seen the guy live before and he exceeded all expectations. I haven't danced that much in a looong time. It's nights like this that remind me why I love this music so much.

Props to Ashish, Jon, Vaughan and everyone else involved for making this happen.

8)

Guest web_norah

great pics

David wtf ...were you asleep or too messy again? :P

i think someone here said, "oranges and apples" and DC is a sound that's not for everyone -and with that said, he rules.

Guest ashish

my feeling is that the crowd didnt know how to react to this kind of music. u dont hear this in miami ever....... they were like WTF???

no,you got it wrong! The dj was hired to move the crowd thus the dj has to adapt to the crowd, not the other way around... The dj was probably not brought up to speed on the crowd type at this venue thus probably had little in his bag to save the set.

Ivano rocks the hard rock with no problem... he understands the crowd.

LOL...now that's some funny shit.

Anyway...

I'm still at a loss for words....sick, sick, sick, night of house music, def one of the best of 2005, hands down. DC got nasty on us. Working 3 and 4 accapellas and beat tools on one table, over a single track on the other, flawlessly. When he dropped Spastik it was OVA! Topped the night off with disco classics done right. The crowd didn't know what hit em.

DC is a true legend, with the skills to back that status up. Never seen the guy live before and he exceeded all expectations. I haven't danced that much in a looong time. It's nights like this that remind me why I love this music so much.

Props to Ashish, Jon, Vaughan and everyone else involved for making this happen.

8)

nice to meet you alan!

it was really good to see seth and lyrik jammin' right in front of derrick!!!

Guest danielkristopherre

i am so mad.... i didnt get out of work until 445... and i was supposed to be the early out. man, ive been in so fl for 2.5 months and have been out 3 times... and missed my chance at a jamming number 4