Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OG and Roland review..

V. Barbarino

Guest LdySphynx

In short what i was saying is that Space has a good crowd. A good dj makes it 10X better. But Andrew over reacted to what I said. I've been to parties where my friends and I feeling the music, but 90% of the people are not. What is a DJ to do when he has a horrible crowd that does not understand or feel the music? How can he feed off a nonresponsive crowd.

(shit I have heard people refer to house music as techno or even trance)...........I feel like slapping them abside their heads but whatever.

please come to orlando and do that...im begging you...

LMAO..................I hear ya, I hate it when people come up to me and are like "oh so you like that Electronica music, or im in a car with a friend that has no clue about the music and she plays a nice House track(let's say Deep Dish) and goes oh you like that trance song....................I FEEL LIKE making her ram her car along side the highway(without me in it of course :P), but yeah sadly most of the people in this city don't know the difference between one genre or the another, so whatever.....I guess they will just die never knowing the beauty of a TRUE EDM lover, that's on them!!!!

In short what i was saying is that Space has a good crowd. A good dj makes it 10X better. But Andrew over reacted to what I said. I've been to parties where my friends and I feeling the music, but 90% of the people are not. What is a DJ to do when he has a horrible crowd that does not understand or feel the music? How can he feed off a nonresponsive crowd.

Well yeah I see where ur coming from, and I understand but the thing is also the I can say that maybe out of the people that frequent the club scene today probably only 20% know a thing or 2 about music, the other 80% just goes out o get drunk off thier asses and listen to whatever music (shit I have heard people refer to house music as techno or even trance)...........I feel like slapping them abside their heads but whatever.

The point that im getting at is this one, yeah I hear you on the whole nonresponsive crowd thing and a DJ not beig able to work with them, but nowadays the people will dance to any type of EDM, just as long as it's EDM........sad but true.

And OH LORD don't let them hear that Horn or see the Spotlights cause they go NUTS and screaming and Jumping all over the place, but why cause it's just a natural reaction to the whole scene even if its ROCK the DJ is playing...........you get where im going!!!

That here it's actually hard to come across a nonresponsive crowd, I seriously cannot think of one time that I have been to Crobar or Space and not see the crowd responding to the DJ!!!

Ok I agree........ At least you understood where i was coming from.

Yes sir I do, and yes I think that Andrew overreacted just a tad.......but I guess it comes natural when to him it seems you are just attcking a DJs hard work!!!!

That's what I like about you, you're reasonable and logical. Andrew thought i was trying to say the DJ's hard work is not important, when in fact I was talking about a crowd. I never said that. The DJ is NEVER to be taken for granted. I've always supported DJ's that can rock a crowd. I was always an Oscar G fan. However I can imagine how frustrated he would be if he was playing for a dumb, clueless crowd that doesn't respond that whatever he plays. That would be a nightmare for any DJ. It's like making Morillo play for a hip-hop crowd that doesn't understand the music.

Guest LdySphynx

In short what i was saying is that Space has a good crowd. A good dj makes it 10X better. But Andrew over reacted to what I said. I've been to parties where my friends and I feeling the music' date=' but 90% of the people are not. What is a DJ to do when he has a horrible crowd that does not understand or feel the music? How can he feed off a nonresponsive crowd.

[/quote']Well yeah I see where ur coming from, and I understand but the thing is also the I can say that maybe out of the people that frequent the club scene today probably only 20% know a thing or 2 about music, the other 80% just goes out o get drunk off thier asses and listen to whatever music (shit I have heard people refer to house music as techno or even trance)...........I feel like slapping them abside their heads but whatever.

The point that im getting at is this one, yeah I hear you on the whole nonresponsive crowd thing and a DJ not beig able to work with them, but nowadays the people will dance to any type of EDM, just as long as it's EDM........sad but true.

And OH LORD don't let them hear that Horn or see the Spotlights cause they go NUTS and screaming and Jumping all over the place, but why cause it's just a natural reaction to the whole scene even if its ROCK the DJ is playing...........you get where im going!!!

That here it's actually hard to come across a nonresponsive crowd, I seriously cannot think of one time that I have been to Crobar or Space and not see the crowd responding to the DJ!!!

Ok I agree........ At least you understood where i was coming from.

Yes sir I do, and yes I think that Andrew overreacted just a tad.......but I guess it comes natural when to him it seems you are just attcking a DJs hard work!!!!

That's what I like about you, you're reasonable and logical. The DJ is NEVER to be taken for granted. I've always supported DJ's that can rock a crowd. I was always an Oscar G fan. However I can imagine how frustrated he would be if he was playing for a dumb, clueless crowd that doesn't respond that whatever he plays. That would be a nightmare for any DJ.

Ok so can I go to sleep now ;) ::)??

(shit I have heard people refer to house music as techno or even trance)...........I feel like slapping them abside their heads but whatever.

LMAO..................I hear ya, I hate it when people come up to me and are like "oh so you like that Electronica music, or im in a car with a friend that has no clue about the music and she plays a nice House track(let's say Deep Dish) and goes oh you like that trance song....................I FEEL LIKE making her ram her car along side the highway(without me in it of course :P), but yeah sadly most of the people in this city don't know the difference between one genre or the another, so whatever.....I guess they will just die never knowing the beauty of a TRUE EDM lover, that's on them!!!!

or when they refer to edm as "taca taca" music...u try to explain them the diff but they dont get it, for them it's all techno as a whole, most of those ppl prefer listening to the same old "im isac, so isac" hiphop song over and over again that u can hear at home or in the car...i listen to hiphop/reggaeton on a reg basis, but my hip hop era ended cuz u just wanna tell the mc aka dj most of the time to stfu and let u hear at least one song w/out having him calling out some 16yr for a free weak shot...

Guest LdySphynx

i dont agree guys, im sorry...i really am really......

Well dont just say ur sorry, what don't you agree with??

Come on this is actually a very interesting topic, say what you feel!!!

i can't im shy and have a low self esteem :-[

Drink some Jesus Juice im sure that will give you enough courage :P.

Naaahhhh J/K, there is no reason why you should be shy or have low self esteem ;).

Well kiddies, im off to beddy bye.....sweet dreams and im sure this thread will be even more interesting by the time we wake up tomorrow ;D!!!

i dont agree guys, im sorry...i really am really......

Well dont just say ur sorry, what don't you agree with??

Come on this is actually a very interesting topic, say what you feel!!!

i can't im shy and have a low self esteem :-[

Drink some Jesus Juice im sure that will give you enough courage :P.

Naaahhhh J/K, there is no reason why you should be shy or have low self esteem ;).

Well kiddies, im off to beddy bye.....sweet dreams and im sure this thread will be even more interesting by the time we wake up tomorrow ;D!!!

okay thanks imma go listen to "girl u know like it, im so excited cuz im isaccc, so isaccc" song

or when they refer to edm as "taca taca" music...u try to explain them the diff but they dont get it, for them it's all techno as a whole, most of those ppl prefer listening to the same old "im isac, so isac" hiphop song over and over again that u can hear at home or in the car...i listen to hiphop/reggaeton on a reg basis, but my hip hop era ended cuz u just wanna tell the mc aka dj most of the time to stfu and let u hear at least one song w/out having him calling out some 16yr for a free weak shot...

It's pointless trying to explain the differences to people that don't know or care to know. I was listening to a Marques Wyatt CD( deep house) in my car and a buddy of mine I was giving a ride to tells me, " hey man this trance CD isn't too bad" I tried to explain the differences to him during the trip, and when I dropped him off, he told me" don't forget to make a copy of that techno cd for me it sounds good" I just shook my head and laughed. LOL

NOC definitely needs to fix that wristband issue. sucks when you go there and they lock you into a room. Don't get me wrong, I love the place and have been lucky to get a wristband. please guys, work on this issue otherwise you will loose customers. i've had drama at the door since i'm not part of the in the "IN" corwd and just a regular guy wanting to attend a kick ass party. I won't name names, but there are few at the door who are on a power trip. guys, it's not like your place is packed. ease up a little, all we are asking is to have a great time at your great party.

well said.. NOC is catering too much to Tai and it's killing the rest of the club for us avg joes...

Time to fire Tai and find biz's twin brother to run the sat party..

Guest biznation00

OG did really well, I really loved his set... Way more NYC ish.. Though I'm pulling the plug on the horn, og you use it to much.

LMMFAO, funny you should mention that.......cause I was actually told by someone that was in the booth that it was not Oscar who was pulling the horn or the spotlights for that matter ::), this person pulled the horn so much that they actually BROKE IT :o................i'll give you a little hint on who it was he's a local promoter ;)!!!

I guess he had a little TOO much to drink!!!

Yup, that was me... thanks for the extra attention!

I had a great time partyin' like a rockstar last night. Maybe a little too much, but every once in a while I deserve it after all my hard work. Thanks for taking interest in my actions... ;)

ps. Angel (Space door), thanks & I'm sorry... ;)

Guest ramon

i know, i was there ;)

I didn't see you :'(

:'( :'( :'( what time did you leave? I didn't get there until 4am or so........

left to nocturnal at 330ish .. stayd there till 6ish .. i was dead from the night before still! :(

og did rock the house though.

Guest SpaceAddict

I could not believe it when I saw that next to Players the parking was $25 dollars. Now THAT is ridiculous. The prices for parking in downtown are getting way too out of control. As for NOC im over it! Friday and Saturday there is like night and day. Fridays at NOC are amazing, and in my opinion Saturdays suck... goes to show why they say 'SATURDAYS BELONG TO SPACE'

WELL OBVIOUSLY YOU GO TO SPACE RIGHT? WHY WOULD U PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT "SUCK" U'r just full of it

Guest SpaceAddict

I could not believe it when I saw that next to Players the parking was $25 dollars. Now THAT is ridiculous. The prices for parking in downtown are getting way too out of control. As for NOC im over it! Friday and Saturday there is like night and day. Fridays at NOC are amazing, and in my opinion Saturdays suck... goes to show why they say 'SATURDAYS BELONG TO SPACE'

Guest defunes

That happens when a DJ plays a club that has a mediocre crowd @ best. It's hard to get a feel for the crowd when the crowd isn't feeling anything. :'(

back then.

Actually I think you misunderstood kurtis post........but I have to disagree with you on the whole CD comment, THE DJ IS THE VIBE MAKER trust me if the DJ looks at the crowd and determines what his next song or mix is going to be to keep building to that momentum or to bring them down for a bit depending on the crowds reaction.....so you see how having a CD will NEVER work maybe it will but for like an hour or 2.

Now as for your night being shitty cause of the crowd, i've never been one to go by the crowd AT ALL, my thing is the music and the vibe I get from it FUCK THE CROWD I make my own night and my own VIBE!!!!

I think I can safely say that it has been more the times that the crowd at Space has not been I guess what you can call up to par, but it has not bothered me none......the music was amazing and the crowd I was with was even more amazing and that's all that I needed to make my night or morning. So as for you putting in a CD and just because the crowd maybe what you like, UH UH..........I rather it be the other way around but thats just my 2 cents!!!

BTW, I think what kurtis meant was if the crowd don't feel the DJ's(notice I mentioned the DJ) vibe that it's hard to feel the vibe yourself if the crowd is just like whatever, not that the crowd is not up to anyones liking.....this I can understand to an extent!!!

I think this is a smart comment cause there is no damn way a cd will pump a crowd up. I have faith in a good DJ pumping any crowd up. That is in our job description...grabbing an unwilling crowd and playing your heart out to make them jump and smile. I will agree that to have the perfect night you need a combination of things. A great crowd dancing in a great spot to a great dj will produce a great night...there are different combinations of why saturday night didn't seem up to par to so many people. From MY experience the crowd wasn't feeling the DJ and DJ wasn't feeling the CLub, therefore giving a less than great nightout for some people. Was I still dancing my life away ? Hell yeah!! But I still saw some lame asses just sitting down and critizicing around me.

Guest Cosmigonon

WELL OBVIOUSLY YOU GO TO SPACE RIGHT? WHY WOULD U PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT "SUCK" U'r just full of it

OK, you just made no sense at all. ???