Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How much do you spend a month on food?

The reason I ask is because, i'm so bad at cooking and I eat out a lot (i have a bar and resturant in my complex on the water) so after thinking what I spend in all my food consuption including buying groceries and eating crappy meals, what do I spend?

I found a few companies that will ship me a months supplie of ready to eat meals for about 300 bones... saw it on tv...

has anyone done this???

Guest Civs

i figure $350-$450 depending what i'm in the mood for. that deal doesn't sound bad for $300. does it include the basic 3 meals a day? i eat 5-6 meals a day so that may not work for me.

$140 tops.

ramon noodles????

the program is:

28 days for 300 bones

Breakfast:

• Apple Granola Bar (2)

• Blueberry Bran Muffin (2)

• Chocolate Chip Granola Bar (3)

• Cranberry Granola Bar (2)

• Lemon Poppyseed Muffin (3)

• Lowfat Granola Cereal (2)

• NutriCinnamon Squares Cereal (2)

• NutriFrosted Crunch Cereal (3)

• Oatmeal (2)

• Scrambled Eggs - Smoke Flavor (1)

• Scrambled Egg Mix with Cheese (1)

• Scrambled Eggs with Peppers and Mushrooms (1)

• Mini Frosted Shredded Wheat Cereal (2)

• Pancake Mix (2)

Lunch:

• Chicken Noodle Soup (2)

• Chicken and Pasta in Cacciatore Sauce (2)

• Chicken Salad (2)

• Black Beans and Rice (3)

• Hearty Minestrone Soup (4)

• Pasta Parmesan with Broccoli (2)

• Spicy Oriental Noodles with Vegetables and Peanuts (1)

• Tex-Mex Rice and Beans (1)

• Tuna Salad (1)

• Sliced Ham (1)

• Turkey Hot Dogs (1)

• Vegetarian Sloppy Joe (2)

• Fudge Graham Bar (1)

• Chocolate Raspberry Bar (1)

Dinner:

• BBQ Sauce over Beef, Beans and Rice (1)

• Beef Stroganoff with Noodles (1)

• Cheese and Spinach Ravioli with Meat Sauce (2)

• Chicken Pasta Parmesan (2)

• Macaroni with Cheese and Beef (2)

• Mushroom Gravy Over Salisbury Steak and Rice (2)

• Oriental Style Chicken with Lemon Ginger Sauce and Rice (1)

• Rotini with Meatballs and Tomato Sauce (2)

• Spicy Oriental Style Chicken with Rice (1)

• Thin Crust Pizza with Cheese (2)

• Vegetable Lasagna with Meat Sauce (1)

• Chicken Breast Patty (2)

• Flame Broiled Beef Patty (2)

• Hearty Beef Stew (2)

• Pot Roast - Gravy over Beef, Potatoes and Vegetables (2)

• Green Pepper Steak with Rice (1)

• Beef and Mushroom Gravy with Orzo Pasta (2)

Desserts & Snacks:

• Almond Pistachio Biscotti (3)

• Sour Cream and Onion Soy Chips (1)

• Apple Cinnamon Soy Chips (2)

• Cappuccino Coffee - Unsweetened, Decaffeinated (2)

• Chocolate Macadamia Nut Biscotti (3)

• Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Bar (1)

• Chocolate Pudding (2)

• Chocolate Shake (2)

• Hot Cocoa (2)

• Mocha Shake (2)

• NutriCrunch Chocolates (1)

• Vanilla Pudding (2)

• White Cheddar Soy Chips (2)

• Zesty Herb Snack Mix (2)

• Caramel Dessert Bar (1)

Guest lyrik

$140 tops.

ramon noodles????

the program is:

28 days for 300 bones

I think its a pretty good deal...although...you have to plan shit out and account for times away from home and times when your appetite is gonna be a little more than usual due to miss mary jane paying those visits...if you can do it and stick to it...you'll save not only cash, but prob be healthier and lose weight if thats what you want as well.

Guest JMT

The reason I ask is because, i'm so bad at cooking and I eat out a lot (i have a bar and resturant in my complex on the water) so after thinking what I spend in all my food consuption including buying groceries and eating crappy meals, what do I spend?

I found a few companies that will ship me a months supplie of ready to eat meals for about 300 bones... saw it on tv...

has anyone done this???

sounds like a good deal if the food is decent. the only downside is you are forced to eat it. end of the month and only get whats left.

Guest tres-b

has anyone done this???

Never tried it.

I eat a high protein diet. This can be expensive or not.

Example:

Steak, brown rice, veggie=$10ish

Eggs, brown rice, veggie=$3ish

I spend $100-150 on protein powder, protein bars, etc.

Guest Devilicious

Not anywhere near as much as I spend on alcohol.

In regards to the monthly program, it sounds like a decent deal provided we're not talking about frozen meals here. Yuck.

has anyone done this???

Never tried it.

Example:

so do i...

which protein powder do you buy? my gnc 100% whey protein has about one good scope left and im debating if i should go gnc or move with something higher in grams...the one i currently have is 20g of protein in a scoop. Was thinking of moving to maybe 40g on a scoop, i don't do 3 shakes a day.

Guest Cosmigonon

has anyone done this???

Never tried it.

Example:

so do i...

which protein powder do you buy? my gnc 100% whey protein has about one good scope left and im debating if i should go gnc or move with something higher in grams...the one i currently have is 20g of protein in a scoop. Was thinking of moving to maybe 40g on a scoop, i don't do 3 shakes a day.

Go with the higher protein.

has anyone done this???

Never tried it.

Example:

so do i...

Which one do you have?

Was at Gnc yesterday and i noticed they had the shakes that are already made in the can/bottle...called 50 gram slam...50g protein premade, no mixing or anything...i didnt have breakfast so i took one of those and a trio-o-plex which is like 46g pro/26g carb almost passed out after that lol

Guest Cosmigonon

has anyone done this???

Never tried it.

Example:

so do i...

Which one do you have?

Was at Gnc yesterday and i noticed they had the shakes that are already made in the can/bottle...called 50 gram slam...50g protein premade, no mixing or anything...i didnt have breakfast so i took one of those and a trio-o-plex which is like 46g pro/26g carb almost passed out after that lol

Well, i used to take Cyto-Gainer, don't remember how may g of protein it had, but my health store ran out of it, so I bought Perfect Whey Protein, which has 22 gof protein per scoop. I put two scoops per shake , and I drink it 3 times a day.

has anyone done this???

Never tried it.

Example:

so do i...

Which one do you have?

Well, i used to take Cyto-Gainer, don't remember how may g of protein it had, but my health store ran out of it, so I bought Perfect Whey Protein, which has 22 gof protein per scoop. I put two scoops per shake , and I drink it 3 times a day.

well yea i was doing the 2 scoops times 3 a day but started to be pretty heavy

Guest Electric Eel

If I buy food and cook i'd say about $300-$400 a month. I buy healthy food which is more expensive, last week went grocery shopping and spent $180 which will last about 2 weeks. It's definitely alot more if I eat out because I spend at least $20 then.

Saleen before you buy into a full month I would ask for a week trial. I have had some friends that did those programs and they had good food while others weren't too crazy about it. This way you make sure you like it before you get sucked into a month of suffering.