Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Cartridge Do You Prefer...

rbs

I've posted this before...But I need to check any new updates or change of preferences. I am looking for cartridges to use, beat up, scratch with, etc... but still sound good. I am on my last cartridge which is the original one I bought GrooveMaster II by Stanton...Has lasted me almost 9 years maybe 10. :o

So let's hear it.

82321.jpg

Guest lyrik

Shure Whitelables - all the way for me - LOVE them...had stantons (I, II etc.) Ortofon...and IMO the shure have the best bass response and tracking for the money...you can get them for about $109 a piece on ebay...never had a problem and they are durable as all hell.

Guest ramon

Shure Whitelables - all the way for me - LOVE them...had stantons (I, II etc.) Ortofon...and IMO the shure have the best bass response and tracking for the money...you can get them for about $109 a piece on ebay...never had a problem and they are durable as all hell.

my next carts will definitely be shure whitelabels :)

Guest tres-b

Stanton 680HPs but Im considering a switch.

Any of you use the Roger Sanchez Trackmasters? I like them for a variety of reasons but would like someone who has used them for an extended period to give me some feedback.

Guest Seb

ya I use the Shure 44-7s. If your scratching these are the best for traction, ask any turntablist and they'll tell you. I'd like to try the white label, curious to see how their sound compares to the 44-7s.

Guest Seb

Stanton 680HPs but Im considering a switch.

Any of you use the Roger Sanchez Trackmasters? I like them for a variety of reasons but would like someone who has used them for an extended period to give me some feedback.

I used 680's for years, I, II & HPs. Also used a Stanton 890 for a while too. Not as well known as the 680 but much better IMO.

Guest lyrik

Are these even worth the trouble?

djgear_1850_12561322

nah- if you are gonna go with anything other than the whitelabels - do the 44-7's as for shure goes.

ya I use the Shure 44-7s. If your scratching these are the best for traction, ask any turntablist and they'll tell you. I'd like to try the white label, curious to see how their sound compares to the 44-7s.

Found this link...looks like your right...they have the best bass response, and highest output. :o :o :o

Guest AlanS

Has anybody used the Ortofon OM's or Concord's

This is the closest one I found to the M44-7s.

Electro's

OM_ELEKTRO.JPG

and

Scratch

OM_SCRATCH.JPG

I have the Concorde Electros.

CCELEKTROv141706%5B1%5D.jpg

I'm happy with them, good response on high and low ends, and they track great.

Guest lyrik

---Well, I don't scratch but my choice would be...

carts.ortofon.concordeDJSblue.jpg

I have these - didn't suit me..but then again other like them. I moved away from those after about 7 months.

Matter a fact - still have them with the needles on them - I'll sell the pair for $40 bucks (full cartidriges and existing needles included)

Guest Seb

carts.ortofon.concordeDJSblue.jpg

I have these - didn't suit me..but then again other like them. I moved away from those after about 7 months.

Matter a fact - still have them with the needles on them - I'll sell the pair for $40 bucks (full cartidriges and existing needles included)

So how is the traction on the white labels?

Guest lyrik

So how is the traction on the white labels?

great

Guest universal_guru

DJ.gif

Frequency Response

10-50

Principal MI

Imput Load 47K

Output at 1KHz 5CM/sec. 5mV

Recommended Tracking Force 2-5

Channel Separation at 1KHz 30

Stylus Type Diamond

Inductance 45mH

Resistance 475

Compliance CUs

Stylus Replacement U=user U

Mounting S/P

Weight 5.5

to go on a THorenz TT

fc_3.JPG

Koetsu cartridges. Not really for DJing, but for the best playback of vinyl.

Bear in mind they'll set you back $7500.

http://www.musicalsurroundings.com/koetsu.html

Check out the rest of the site too if you're a hardcore vinyl fiend.

I had a co-worker who was really into this type of stuff...He bought the coolest looking turntables, tube amps of 1W, etc...The stuff sounded beautiful...but too much money for me. :P