Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What was your first car?

Bling

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Civs

damn u already up to 4 cars??? i'm on my 3rd. actually currently own 2 Honda Civics 95, one stick, one auto. hoping to drive them into the ground. for me not having 2 car payments is huge. and also my insurance is so cheap. these days, i need to strch that dollar as much as i can.

damn u already up to 4 cars??? i'm on my 3rd. actually currently own 2 Honda Civics 95, one stick, one auto. hoping to drive them into the ground. for me not having 2 car payments is huge. and also my insurance is so cheap. these days, i need to strch that dollar as much as i can.

im on my 6th car right now going into a 7th soon

Guest LdySphynx
stick is safer than automatic

i prefer stick.

ive had 4 autos and 2 sticks cars...my current car is auto but my next one will deff be stick...i like autos if its luxury...tiptronic is cool too, but stick is always fun.

Yeah tiptronic is fun, but does not compare............my first husband bought a 98 Ferrari now those cars are FUN as hell to drive, but if you really dont know how to drive stick you well never drive this..........cause the shifts are Syncronized!!!

AWESOME, I used to love it!!!!

i prefer stick.

ive had 4 autos and 2 sticks cars...my current car is auto but my next one will deff be stick...i like autos if its luxury...tiptronic is cool too, but stick is always fun.

Yeah tiptronic is fun, but does not compare............my first husband bought a 98 Ferrari now those cars are FUN as hell to drive, but if you really dont know how to drive stick you well never drive this..........cause the shifts are Syncronized!!!

do you know which model? could be the 355...if so, its either Berlinetta or Spyder...one is a couple the other a convertible.

An aquaintance of mine has a 98 355 spyder...it was stick...rear engine v8 got hot as fuck, ur back would be all sweaty...but it was a blast to drive.

Guest LdySphynx

i prefer stick.

do you know which model? could be the 355...if so, its either Berlinetta or Spyder...one is a couple the other a convertible.

An aquaintance of mine has a 98 355 spyder...it was stick...rear engine v8 got hot as fuck, ur back would be all sweaty...but it was a blast to drive.

No it was the 355 the one with the hard top, it was Canary Yellow!!!

Yeah it would get hot, but fuck it it was damn worth it!!!

Now you want to talk about uncomfortable cars what about the Viper, we had that one as well...............lemme tell you PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!

i prefer stick.

No it was the 355 the one with the hard top, it was Canary Yellow!!!

Yeah it would get hot, but fuck it it was damn worth it!!!

Now you want to talk about uncomfortable cars what about the Viper, we had that one as well...............lemme tell you PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!

id take it, sell it buy a few houses, drive a pos, wait 3 years, and have plenty of comfortable rides...

Guest Cosmigonon

'86 stick shift chevy blazer...mind you in 2001!

Well, at least you can drive stick, most people can't say that.

OMG, I LOOOOOOOOOVE stick shift it's so much more entertaining than automatic............and you have so much more control of your car my next car is definitely going to be stick!!!!

I agree. In Pma everybody drives stick, but when I got here, is the complete opposite. I didn't like it in the begginning, but now I've gotten so used to automatic trasmission, I don't know how would it feel to go back to stick.

its like that everywhere else in the world as well bro...in latin america 99% of the cars are manual, automatics only come in luxury cars and nobody wants them either...people are so used to driving stick, they dont want wanna go auto unless they buy a benz/bimmer most of them are auto.

Yep this is true, we are the only country in the world.......now ask yourself why??

publicity?

can't just be like everyone else, right?

why kilometers are miles, why?

why kilos are pounds, why?

ect, ect, ect...

lol...

ditto.

Guest Electric Eel

'86 stick shift chevy blazer...mind you in 2001!

Well, at least you can drive stick, most people can't say that.

I wanted my previous car so badly and all they had was stick, if I wanted manual I would have had to wait 6 months. So my friend who knew how to drive stick got in my passenger seat and talked me through it, after stalling a few times I learned how to drive stick on my way home from the dealer, thats one way to learn ;D

I loved it, definitely felt alot safer because you are more in control, can stop alot more quickly, etc... But when you are tired and don't feel like driving after a long day of work driving manual in traffic is the last thing you want to do, but at least it keeps you awake.

Guest JMT

i fail to see how manual transmissions are safer. ive driven both, but would probably never consider buying a manual at this point in my life. the fact you can stall when at a stop makes a manual inherantly far more dangerous than an automatic. typically manuals are cheap, that why they are usually used the base transmission in an average car.

and stopping is done by the tires and brakes. slowing down using the gears is not going to stop you quicker than hitting the brake pedal.

Guest JMT

slowing down using the gears is not going to stop you quicker than hitting the brake pedal.

i guarantee u downshifting from 5th to 2nd or from 3rd-4th to first(not recommended) but can be done if rpms are high will stop u faster than breaks...u cant always rely on ur brakes and tires to stop you

think about what you are saying, how can a car (on tires) possible be slowed down any faster then a brake that virtually slows the tires to the point they are practically sliding over the pavement? its physically impossible. downshifting that severly is only going to lock the drive wheels to a slow rotation, the same as braking without anti-lock brakes, tires sliding on the road. its not going to stop you any better or safer. its in your mind.

you might as well yank the parking brake if thats how you feel.

my brakes have never gone out, but ive stalled a car before. thus, a manual is is more dangerous in the real world.

Guest LdySphynx

slowing down using the gears is not going to stop you quicker than hitting the brake pedal.

i guarantee u downshifting from 5th to 2nd or from 3rd-4th to first(not recommended) but can be done if rpms are high will stop u faster than breaks...u cant always rely on ur brakes and tires to stop you

This is true, but I think that downshifting from 5th to 2nd would be kind of risky on the engine.....I saw a BMW do this and he blew the Gasket :(. But then again he was going about 100mph, so I guess it depends a bit on that as well.

One of the things I love most about Manual is when you are in 5th and you downshift to 4th to catch more speed.........I LOVE the PICK UP, what a RUSH!!!!

think about what you are saying, how can a car (on tires) possible be slowed down any faster then a brake that virtually slows the tires to the point they are practically sliding over the pavement? its physically impossible. downshifting that severly is only going to lock the drive wheels to a slow rotation, the same as braking without anti-lock brakes, which is NOT going to slow you down as much. its in your mind.

my brakes have never gone out, but ive stalled a car before. thus, a manual is is more dangerous in the real world.

stalling a car in traffic is not dangerous as u say it is, ok u stall than u turn it back on again...takes u less than 10 seconds

Guest JMT

think about what you are saying, how can a car (on tires) possible be slowed down any faster then a brake that virtually slows the tires to the point they are practically sliding over the pavement? its physically impossible. downshifting that severly is only going to lock the drive wheels to a slow rotation, the same as braking without anti-lock brakes, which is NOT going to slow you down as much. its in your mind.

stalling a car in traffic is not dangerous as u say it is, ok u stall than u turn it back on again...takes u less than 10 seconds

intersections, train crossings, 2 and 4 way stops, bad neighborhoods? 10 seconds can be enough to have a problem. you stall when theres oncoming traffic and you have to count on another person to stop. its not very often, but it happens.

intersections, train crossings, 2 and 4 way stops, bad neighborhoods? 10 seconds can be enough to have a problem. you stall when theres oncoming traffic and you have to count on another person to stop. its not very often, but it happens.

seems like u got some personal experiences to share ;)

Guest ddg

typically manuals are cheap, that why they are usually used the base transmission in an average car.

it was more expensive to get my car with a stick than automatic... ;)

but typically yes...they are cheaper..

Guest teabag

us-quarter.gif

Different years and presses but as long as the sum equaled to 75 cents... it paid the bus fare from the late eighties to 1993. 8)