Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dancing

Guest pontifex

Guest pontifex

would you guys say the clubs in miami are breakdance/bboy freindly? Some of the clubs where I live have a no bboying policy because it takes up too much space and people in the crowd get sometimes get kicked when they're not paying attention, but it could be becasue most of the bboys around here are pretty wack anyhow. Do bboy cirlces ever spontaneously bust out on the dance floor or do they throw people out of the club for that kind of thing?

The majority of them are not Breakdancing and BBoy freindly, because you will find very few places that play breaks, DNB, Jungle etc.

Most of the big clubs play House and Hip Hop with other genres thrown in the mix a little.

They will not throw you out but, you aint going to circles at most clubs. There is many lounges and VIP area that take a up major areas of each club which is not condusive to breakin'.

You will find breakin and cirves at some of the festivals, Ice Palace parties, I/O, and other events.

Guest Civs

I did witness some breakdancing at Crobar last thursday. I guess it all depends on the crowd and the vide.

bd016.jpg

Yeah with the lack of regular breaks parties lately, you will be hard pressed to find a place that is bboy friendly at all here. Most of the really great local dancers have either moved away or are pretty much retired. I've been lucky enough to dance with them a couple times a few years ago but haven't seen any of them since.

At the house clubs, there just isnt enough space till it gets way later on like 6 or 7 am. We've tried to get a little circle action going on, namely space for Zabiela but people just walk right through and have no concept or even give a shit. So you just get frustrated and give up.

Thankfully, its not like that in NYC. There are WAY more dancers up there than down here, and they are DAMN GOOD. Plus the crowds appreciate the dancers and show a little respect for them...making room, watching and cheering on.

Theres nothing like watching a crew get down.

Guest mp3some

Yeah with the lack of regular breaks parties lately, you will be hard pressed to find a place that is bboy friendly at all here. Most of the really great local dancers have either moved away or are pretty much retired. I've been lucky enough to dance with them a couple times a few years ago but haven't seen any of them since.

At the house clubs, there just isnt enough space till it gets way later on like 6 or 7 am. We've tried to get a little circle action going on, namely space for Zabiela but people just walk right through and have no concept or even give a shit. So you just get frustrated and give up.

Thankfully, its not like that in NYC. There are WAY more dancers up there than down here, and they are DAMN GOOD. Plus the crowds appreciate the dancers and show a little respect for them...making room, watching and cheering on.

Theres nothing like watching a crew get down.

Werd!

sometimes a mix in the crowd and some good beats will spark up a circle...

having enough available space to get down somewhere on the floor.

I did see some action on nocturnals lower level last night...

Guest djnikolas

Breaking is still alive ... and even the djs like Diaga are still dancing the difficult movements !!

check this out !!

breackdance.jpg

Guest Diaga

Breaking is still alive ... and even the djs like Diaga are still dancing the difficult movements !!

check this out !!

breackdance.jpg

lmfao ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

Hmm, never really liked breakdancing. I hate when people do those circles and stuff, reminds me of the rave days, thank God nobody does that anymore...

Guest djnikolas

Hmm, never really liked breakdancing. I hate when people do those circles and stuff, reminds me of the rave days, thank God nobody does that anymore...

lol well diaga is still doing it !! and he is really good by the way .... 8)

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm sorry. I appreciate breaks and bboys and break circles but I find them irritating sometimes. Especially when you're DJing and you have the crowd going and then some Bboys form a break circle right up front on the dance floor and it fucks with the vibe. break circles belong in the back of the club in the corner somewhere if they ever happen. There was a time also when I was Djing at a club with a room of like 300 peeps that was going off and then a break circle started and fucked up the vibe on the floor so no one was dancing and there was a big hole in the floor, I stopped the music and told them to move their shit to the back of the club...

Some Bboy's have good manners like that. I don't care when they're in the back in a corner but when it takes place in the middle of the dance floor it's freakin' irritating. Ask 100 DJ's who play house, prog etc and I bet 98 of the 100 will tell you the same thing.

I guess to each his own.....but as a dancer i think thats such an elitist thing to say. Most people just don't get it, other dancers included. The circle isn't about "battling" and showing off your skills, its supposed to be about interacting and learning from the other person, then incorporating what you learned into your own steps and style. All on the fly.

I happen to shy away from the circles, because i dont like drawing that much attention. You will usually find me in a corner or right in front of the booth where there is space.

Guest pod

Circles just aren't practical when a club is packed like Space or crobar manage to get to. Dance all you want, but circles cause a major traffic flow problem.

Guest djnikolas

Circles just aren't practical when a club is packed like Space or crobar manage to get to. Dance all you want, but circles cause a major traffic flow problem.

yeahhh and the people get tired after a long breaking set at the after hour .... lol

pod.jpg

Guest Cosmigonon

I'm sorry. I appreciate breaks and bboys and break circles but I find them irritating sometimes. Especially when you're DJing and you have the crowd going and then some Bboys form a break circle right up front on the dance floor and it fucks with the vibe. break circles belong in the back of the club in the corner somewhere if they ever happen. There was a time also when I was Djing at a club with a room of like 300 peeps that was going off and then a break circle started and fucked up the vibe on the floor so no one was dancing and there was a big hole in the floor, I stopped the music and told them to move their shit to the back of the club...

Some Bboy's have good manners like that. I don't care when they're in the back in a corner but when it takes place in the middle of the dance floor it's freakin' irritating. Ask 100 DJ's who play house, prog etc and I bet 98 of the 100 will tell you the same thing.

Exactly. Circles totally kill the vibe of the party.

Guest durrtylexx

circles are part of the clubbing culture. its all good with me. i enjoy these guys breaking and letting loose.

circles at the edge were always a highlight.

i rather watch bboys & girls breaking loose & having fun. They are better than glow sticks everwhere or zombies walking around looking at the lights & waiting for the nitro.

Guest Cosmigonon

circles are part of the clubbing culture. its all good with me. i

Alex, everything is always good with you... :P ;D

Guest pod

It should be a complement to the evening, not the central fact of the evening, unless you're in a competition or something.

Guest DJSTRIP

would you guys say the clubs in miami are breakdance/bboy freindly? Some of the clubs where I live have a no bboying policy because it takes up too much space and people in the crowd get sometimes get kicked when they're not paying attention, but it could be becasue most of the bboys around here are pretty wack anyhow. Do bboy cirlces ever spontaneously bust out on the dance floor or do they throw people out of the club for that kind of thing?

I personally encourage it at my Wed. party BOOGIE NIGHTS where I spin classic 70s n 80s freestyle.breakbeat, disco & Funk. ;)