Clubplanet Nightlife Community

RICHIE HAWTIN @ CULTURE BOX (COPENHAGEN)

bornslippy22

well i was a little skeptical when i saw where this party was being thrown, but once i walked in through the door i was very impressed...very dark grimy place....Hienekens were 4 dollars American, so u know it was going to be a LONG night...i walk in and it was kinda empty, but that doesnt mean that there isnt good music being played....Patrick Bateman was on the decks and throwing down some SICK SICK Tech house/Minimal Techno...this boy can really throw down...hopefully someone will bring this boy to Miami, b/c i think he is the link that Miami needs to get into techno...played very very well....then after him was a dj (i dont know who it was) but IMO brought the energy waaaaayyyyyy down...i didnt really like that guy...after him came Marc Houle in which he played LIVE...and all i can say about this guy is WOW...totally blew my mind, i am NOW a Marc Houle fan....hard Techno, track after track...after Houle got on...the room became more and more packed...soon it was 2 am...and the place was stuffed...at about 210am came Hawtin...this was my first time hearing him dj...and if i thought Houle was great, Hawtin took it to the NEXT LEVEL...why this guy doesnt ever come to Miami except on WMC, is BEYOND ME....i think his style would appeal to many in Miami, even those hardliners that are stuck in one style of music....overall...a great night of clubbing here in Copenhagen...if u ever get the chance to hear any of these guys, U SHOULD...u wont be sorry...they had the room rocking and the crowd wanting for more...and Danes are not known for being much into dancing and these three guys were making the crowd jump and down....great night....

Patrick Bateman:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11694

attachment.php?attachmentid=11695

Marc Houle:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11698

attachment.php?attachmentid=11699

Richie Hawtin:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11701

attachment.php?attachmentid=11700

Crowd:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11702

attachment.php?attachmentid=11703

Guest durrtylexx

good review, huge pics.. i recently started listening to Hawtin set's and yes he's good. i've never seen him perfom, hopefully i'll catch him next year during conference.

Guest ramon

another one joins the resistance. :)

glad you had fun jesse. :)

hawtin is playing in sept in detroit .. flights are $116.

Guest ramon

houle is teh roxor .. i have not seen him yet .. i have a few live pa's from him i can send you though. :)

Guest mursa

...after him came Marc Houle in which he played LIVE...and all i can say about this guy is WOW...totally blew my mind, i am NOW a Marc Houle fan....hard Techno, track after track...

How can you go wrong with HARD TECHNO ?> ??? 8)

bet it was bangin good times !

Guest beat junkie

There is a great DJ down here now that plays bangin hard techno. His name is: Holy Rev. Hotsauce. Check him out if you ever get the chance. He plays mostly in Broward, but i am sure we will be seeing him in Miami soon enough.

Guest ramon

...after him came Marc Houle in which he played LIVE...and all i can say about this guy is WOW...totally blew my mind, i am NOW a Marc Houle fan....hard Techno, track after track...

How can you go wrong with HARD TECHNO ?> ??? 8)

bet it was bangin good times !

its techno period that is good.

I'm really hoping he's in Detroit (Houle that is)

and yeah with flights @ 116 USD I'm booking tonight most likely.

I'm very excited. I get to see 2 of my favorite dj's hang out in the city where this music came from and see my midwest crew. :)

Guest Spankmeister

I will be in Toronto Labor Day weekend....

Bummer we won't be able to hang out Ramon and Kamikaze....Heather will be a wonderful hostess I am sure though...:D

Guest ramon

Hawtin's sets iv'e heard are noise.. pure noise.. no feeling, no vibe, just noise..

and for those who hate big pics...

download firefox and install

http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/

yeah you would say that .. i'll dig up his sonar 2003 where he starts off with house and just levels spain.

i'm happy i get to see him twice in one year .. and luciano is one of my favorite/producers dj's as well.

Guest Cosmigonon

well i was a little skeptical when i saw where this party was being thrown, but once i walked in through the door i was very impressed...very dark grimy place....Hienekens were 4 dollars American, so u know it was going to be a LONG night...i walk in and it was kinda empty, but that doesnt mean that there isnt good music being played....Patrick Bateman was on the decks and throwing down some SICK SICK Tech house/Minimal Techno...this boy can really throw down...hopefully someone will bring this boy to Miami, b/c i think he is the link that Miami needs to get into techno...played very very well....then after him was a dj (i dont know who it was) but IMO brought the energy waaaaayyyyyy down...i didnt really like that guy...after him came Marc Houle in which he played LIVE...and all i can say about this guy is WOW...totally blew my mind, i am NOW a Marc Houle fan....hard Techno, track after track...after Houle got on...the room became more and more packed...soon it was 2 am...and the place was stuffed...at about 210am came Hawtin...this was my first time hearing him dj...and if i thought Houle was great, Hawtin took it to the NEXT LEVEL...why this guy doesnt ever come to Miami except on WMC, is BEYOND ME....i think his style would appeal to many in Miami, even those hardliners that are stuck in one style of music....overall...a great night of clubbing here in Copenhagen...if u ever get the chance to hear any of these guys, U SHOULD...u wont be sorry...they had the room rocking and the crowd wanting for more...and Danes are not known for being much into dancing and these three guys were making the crowd jump and down....great night....

Patrick Bateman:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11694

attachment.php?attachmentid=11695

Marc Houle:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11698

attachment.php?attachmentid=11699

Richie Hawtin:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11701

attachment.php?attachmentid=11700

Crowd:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11702

attachment.php?attachmentid=11703

Please resize pics, thanks.

Guest ramon

In my house there is only house muisc...

techno has no feeling... zero!

you are obviously listening to wrong sort of techno then.