Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good places to shoot pool in Miami

Guest mikepayne

Guest mikepayne

OK... let's hear your thoughts. Where are your favorite places to shoot pool in Miami and why?

Personally, I haven't really found a really good pool hall since Jillian's in Kendall closed... Every time I've been to Gatsby's it's been crowded as all hell, that place is too much like a club/bar and not enough of a pool hall. What do you guys think?

Guest mjm420

OK... let's hear your thoughts. Where are your favorite places to shoot pool in Miami and why?

Personally, I haven't really found a really good pool hall since Jillian's in Kendall closed... Every time I've been to Gatsby's it's been crowded as all hell, that place is too much like a club/bar and not enough of a pool hall. What do you guys think?

i was gonna say the same thing about Gatsby's... nice place but in certain given nights... way too packed.

the only other place i can think of thats nice & u have plenty of room to play is Dave & Busters.

but.. whenever you wanna throw down a few games .....

i'm down..

Guest mikepayne

my house

Hahahaha... OK, I'm bringing a date over tonight, make sure you got food, I'll bring liquor. :P

Guest swirlundergrounder

There's a bar/club in coconut grove that I like. It only has 1 pool table......But it's a nice table..

Guest swirlundergrounder

How about Felt? Never been there or spoken to anyone who has... how is it?

I like felt....I like how there isnt a bunch of kids there. Broadway Billiards up in Aventura is nice also

Guest mikepayne

Hmmmmmmm... does Lost Weekend have regulation size tables? Felt's ad on CJ says they have the only regulation size tables on the beach, but I figure that could be BS. :)

Guest lulamishka

Hmmmmmmm... does Lost Weekend have regulation size tables? Felt's ad on CJ says they have the only regulation size tables on the beach, but I figure that could be BS. :)

Does it really matter whether its regulation size or not? You're not competing for a championship are you? :P

Guest mikepayne

Does it really matter whether its regulation size or not? You're not competing for a championship are you? :P

And what if I am? :P

They're much nicer to play on than bar tables...

Bird Bowl - tables are in good shape - not regulation - not a trendy place but you get the best value for your $ - is like 9 an hours, flat no extra for more players - its a straigh up lil pool place (bird west of 87th ave)

never a long wait

Dave and buster -

brand new tables, cues and balls - i think is like 12 an hour plus extra for the players - nice place, you can actually eat ther and get nice drinks -

if you are a real player and dont care about any glitter Bird Bowl is the place...

Mike, there's a new one that opened in kendall. It's called Sunset Billiards.It's on 157 ave and sunset drive not too far from me. I haven't gone inside yet , I peeked thru the window and it looks good from what i see. I might check it this weekend, I'll call you and let you know if it's tight. 8)

Guest mikepayne

Mike' date=' there's a new one that opened in kendall. It's called Sunset Billiards.It's on 157 ave and sunset drive not too far from me. I haven't gone inside yet , I peeked thru the window and it looks good from what i see. I might check it this weekend, I'll call you and let you know if it's tight. 8)

[/quote']

Damn... I didn't know about this, but since I live on 142 and Kendall I'm very interested! Make sure to post your recon report when you go!

Guest r3nz0
the billiard club in miami lakes

That is, far and away, the best place to shoot pool I have been to in Miami.

That place is money and doesn't even know it, baby.

Guest mikepayne

I wound up going to Felt on Friday night. The drinks were strong although a little pricey, the tables were well maintained, the music was off the chain (there was some DJ named Ron who also spins at Automatic Slims on Thursday nights and he was playing the most badass mix of old school 70s soul and funk that I've ever heard), and crobar's just a few blocks away for the afterparty.

Anyone know if Marc Leventhal still spins there on Wednesdays?

Guest ILLMATIC

I know there is a place across from FIU south. It's located next to the Publix and Eckerds (CVS).

I don't know the fucking name of the place but you can't miss it.

Guest Diabolique

And what if I am? :P

They're much nicer to play on than bar tables...

agreed. Also, bar tables are much more beat up and uneven, making plays more difficult to measure. :)

Guest GaTo

I wound up going to Felt on Friday night. The drinks were strong although a little pricey, the tables were well maintained, the music was off the chain (there was some DJ named Ron who also spins at Automatic Slims on Thursday nights and he was playing the most badass mix of old school 70s soul and funk that I've ever heard), and crobar's just a few blocks away for the afterparty.

Anyone know if Marc Leventhal still spins there on Wednesdays?

I've been to FELT i like the scene there good music and pretty nice tables... I'm actually replying to this post because i've been to Sunset Billiards (it's 154th avenue and sunset drive in the publix shopping center) it's no FELT but it's a pretty decent place to rack em up... So far it's clean in there the only thing i did notice when i went (i went on a wednesday) was that there were alot of youngsters there (under 21) but it wasn't packed at all.

Plus i live on 152ave so i can walk there whenever i like lol.