Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nocturnal Dj Schedule

Guest aj2234

Guest JoeBudious

Josh Wink and DJ Dan are not on the "deep" tip.

Doc Martin has played for us at Nerve and he played deep. When he played at Crobar he was much harder and more tribal-(ish). I'm sure he will play for the "big room" as he has been doing this for a long time (I saw him in '89)

Wink plays Space. Need I say more?

Tortured Soul is a live / funk house / party band. Live YO!!

As far a "diversity", we know there are many styles of music. We, however, felt that house music on the deep and soulful tip was missing (trance was still king here 5 years ago)here in Miami when I started Aquabooty w/ Tomas.

We have and will continue to be on that tip. Its up to someone else to bring in the other styles. I feel Nocturnal is beginning to do that.

For those that appreciate house on the "deeper/soul" tip, I hope you are as happy as we are.

WE"RE STOKED!!!!

c u on the dance floor.

joe budious

I totally agree that thats too much deep house for the club. A little variety would do no harm. I know there are a lot of deep house heads here in this forum but maybe doing two weekends with deep house and maybe bringing in a prog or tribal house dj would be cool. I know there are many out there that they havent brought up yet. I may attend to wink but the rest are kinda not my taste.

Good luck though and keep em coming!!

Dj Dan may also be a good choice but it depends on the mood he spins. He did a pretty good set once in Puerto Rico around 2001.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, Jacksonville had better DJ line up in past few months then that, and Noc. want's to compete with Space, LOL J/K ;D

ok sure! our residents are headliners in jville!

I just think that schedule is funny comparing to the Space's upcoming events and reason why I mentioned Jax was a joke, but obviously you can't take a joke... Don't cry, Noc. will do better once Space closes down! :)

those r deep house dj's if u haven't noticed...but im sure u read the threads.

did u go see dd in ur good o' town jax?

Sure did, had a blast, they make one appearance in North FL yearly, if even that, I wouldn't miss that.. I saw them in your ORL town last year at HOB too.

this ain't my town, i just happened to live n work here

Guest musicalmissionary

I totally agree that thats too much deep house for the club. A little variety would do no harm.

All those Deep House dj's are being booked by Aquabooty for their WEEKLY!!! Y'all know what weekly means, right? Every frickin club in Miami has weeklies where you'll here a similar sound on the same night every week. Nocturnal only has Deep House on Friday nights, that's it. So stop doggin on Nocturnal for booking too much Deep House when in reality all they've done is bring in one of Miami's best and hardest working promoters.

I totally agree that thats too much deep house for the club. A little variety would do no harm. I know there are a lot of deep house heads here in this forum but maybe doing two weekends with deep house and maybe bringing in a prog or tribal house dj would be cool. I know there are many out there that they havent brought up yet. I may attend to wink but the rest are kinda not my taste.

Dj Dan may also be a good choice but it depends on the mood he spins. He did a pretty good set once in Puerto Rico around 2001.

How come you guys don't complain about the 9000 clubs in Miami that play the same type of house on fridays and saturdays. Noc and Aquabooty break new ground and bring some variety once a week and you guys are raising hell. WTF. Get a life.... If You don't like deep house, you have many and I mean MANY other clubs to pick from on a friday night. What's wrong with you people. ???

Guest kurtispm8

How come you guys don't complain about the 9000 clubs in Miami that play the same type of house on fridays and saturdays. Noc and Aquabooty break new ground and bring some variety once a week and you guys are raising hell. WTF. Get a life.... If You don't like deep house' date=' you have many and I mean MANY other clubs to pick from on a friday night. What's wrong with you people. ???

[/quote']

Why don't you get a life & let people have their own opinion...

Deep House is a great thing to have say, on a patio IMO...

I for one am more into dancing than sleeping when i go to a big club.

Bring in some HOUSE with a little varitey say, like Terry Francis, Eddie/Craig Richards so on & so forth. They're probably as well known to the masses as some of these unknown artists their bringing in now, hell give it a shot.

Like I said, Josh Wink is the man! But he plays Space quite a bit. too safe.

Guest ramon

How come you guys don't complain about the 9000 clubs in Miami that play the same type of house on fridays and saturdays. Noc and Aquabooty break new ground and bring some variety once a week and you guys are raising hell. WTF. Get a life.... If You don't like deep house, you have many and I mean MANY other clubs to pick from on a friday night. What's wrong with you people. ???

Bring in some HOUSE with a little varitey say, like Terry Francis, Eddie/Craig Richards so on & so forth. They're probably as well known to the masses as some of these unknown artists their bringing in now, hell give it a shot.

I don't expect Wink to play the same way he plays at Space. :)

He was good at Space I think he can be great at Nocturnal specially if they pair him up with Greg!!! :)

I'd love to hear some tech-house @ nocturnal, but someone needs to check out Ellen Alien before she goes through the roof. :)

Farbic Room 2 :: 8.27.05 :: James Holden , Ellen Alien and Damian Lazarus .. can we please just have one?!

Guest musicalmissionary

Open mouth, insert foot.

Aquabooty does their party on the Nocturnal PATIO!

There, everyone should be happy now. So what's to argue?

Guest pontifex

Hey Nocturnal Promoters,

Thanks for booking Doc Martin for the weekend I'll be in town, I appreciate it. Don't be dettered by what the house music elitists on here say, I love hearing him spin

Guest kurtispm8

Open mouth, insert foot.

So which Dj's off that list will be playing the main room then??

Guest aj2234

Open mouth, insert foot.

Dan,Doc and Wink will be in the mainroom on saturdays.

all the deephouse guys for friday play on the roof for Aquabooty

Guest ramon

Open mouth, insert foot.

Dan,Doc and Wink will be in the mainroom.

all the deephouse guys for friday play on the roof for Aquabooty

here's to hoping for some wink patio action. :)

Guest ramon

PS 1 has Stacey Pullen and Wink, broad daygliht Saturday afternoon.

going to be a scorcher.

Wow .. fuckin awesome. :)

pullen is an amazing dj and i don't have to say much for wink :)

have a good one norah.

i'll be up there sooner than later i hope.

Guest kurtispm8

Like I said, Wink is a badass! He will get me to Noc

... But i'm still waiting on some fresh mainroom talent like the above mentioned. :)

Guest web_norah

i am going try and make it

but at 90 degrees no shade, it may be a tough one.

i might have to go disguised as Gina -and use his umbrella action.

If you still don't get my point, you're a tool, there's no reason to argue with you. Plain and simple...

Guest james stratus

going to be a scorcher.

??? Question! Do you mean PS1 the former elementary school and now art gallery/studios/school in LIC Queens??? Or am I totally off!?

Guest web_norah

going to be a scorcher.

??? Question! Do you mean PS1 the former elementary school and now art gallery/studios/school in LIC Queens??? Or am I totally off!?

correct.

except that PS1 now is the MoMa in LIC.