Clubplanet Nightlife Community

[UPDATED] Club Space Presents DENNY TSETTOS (NYC/NJ) Aug 6th

V. Barbarino

Yo Nick,

Nice job getting Denny into Space...its not an easy job!

Denny is a nice guy and a hell of a DJ, I will try and make it down from Boca.

Next time try not to step on an agent's toes when you go about something. You created MAD DRAMA in New York when you put this together (as you are well aware!)

Anyway, Hopefully I will see you Saturday.

E

And you'd think those people would be happy that Denny got the booking. LOL

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tru1

I won't get into details but as someone that has been booking the same talent as space for almost 5 years...he made a few fouls.

It has all been chalked up to enthusiasm but its best to have the agents liking you.

I won't get into details but as someone that has been booking the same talent as space for almost 5 years...he made a few fouls.

It has all been chalked up to enthusiasm but its best to have the agents liking you.

perhaps the other agents need to step up to the plate.. hey just sayin' ;)

Guest Tru1

Clarification:

When I said not an easy job, I meant talent in general. Almost every Dj I know wants to get in there bad.

Guest Civs

should be a great night. looking foward to it. it's gonna be a long weekend. Tsettos on Sat. and Tracy Young on Sunday.

Guest pod

Gotta give the guy credit for getting "his" DJ in there. Saleen has no experience booking DJs in real clubs, and he takes someone who is regarded well in the community (Oscar, Danny Tenaglia, and many others of that caliber speak highly of Denny Tsettos), and gets them booked at the top club in the country.

I've read the scuttlebutt here and over on Clubplanet, and of course it has drawn some of the haters out of the woodwork. Saleen and I resolved not to kill each other years ago, but even if I still resolved to do so, I would give the guy credit for getting someone booked at Space on a main night.

And to the folk that sit around and bitch and moan that "their" DJ is better than Denny, well I'll throw down the gauntlet and challenge them to do the same.

The magic of schmoozing I tell ya. And to think it all started posting on messageboards.

Yo Nick,

Nice job getting Denny into Space...its not an easy job!

Denny is a nice guy and a hell of a DJ, I will try and make it down from Boca.

Next time try not to step on an agent's toes when you go about something. You created MAD DRAMA in New York when you put this together (as you are well aware!)

Anyway, Hopefully I will see you Saturday.

E

The only toes being stepped on is when the club is slammed and tsettos drops the "ohhhhhh shit" records and the crowds goes bannanas...

As for New York, tell em to "take their problems to the dance floor"

Guest Civs
And to the folk that sit around and bitch and moan that "their" DJ is better than Denny, well I'll throw down the gauntlet and challenge them to do the same

Pod, as always, very well stated.

Funny how peeps get all reved up on boards, but when it comes to real life, they squirm! Sad thing about the internet is that it has taken the social skills out of many. not that many had them in the first place to begin with.

Good luck Saleem :)

Guest Tru1

I am in full agreement. Denny is amazing and that is why I have booked him in the past.

However, Nick's efforts to help DT almost hurt him.

Anyway, that is in the past...the show is booked...I couldn't be happier and it couldn't of happened for nicer people.

I will rest on my earlier statement:

I will do my best to make it down from Boca.

Guest ScorpioPhunk

DENNY TSETTOS IS GOD. :-*

Wish we could be there for this one... TUNES all night from this guy. And he has quite the humor too. ;D

Wish we could be there for this one... TUNES all night from this guy. And he has quite the humor too. ;D

Hey, i'm pumped up for the GAP show at Amika in a few weeks.. I love the opening track on your guys live from Australia, that loco dice sounding track...

Guest ramon

see you in a few weeks :)

enjoy OG this weekend.

DJ Denny Tsettos brings the goods

SAT 8/6

"I play two types of records," DJ Denny Tsettos says. "My oh-shit! records and my what-the-fuck? records. When you hear what-the-fuck? records, you're like, 'What is that? I've never heard it! It's incredible!' When you hear an oh-shit! record, you say, 'Oh my God, I haven't heard this in so long. I love this song!' Any DJ who knows how to rock a room will always incorporate the classics with the new."

Tsettos, now 33, started spinning professionally when he was 15 and his dad dropped him off at clubs with his boxes of records. After coming up through the New York house music scene with buddies like Erik Morillo and Danny Tenaglia, Tsettos landed two of his own radio shows -- one on WKTU, New York's dance station; the other (called "Dancefloor Essentials") on Sirius Radio, Channel 62.

This weekend, Tsettos will choose a few of the 10,000 or so albums he keeps at his New Jersey home ("I throw away about 1,000 records a month"), hop a plane, and fire up the digital turntable at Club Space (34 NE 11th St., Miami). "Space is one of the top nightclubs, not in the country but in the entire world," he says. "Only the cream of the crop get to play in that room. I'm flattered." -- Deirdra Funcheon

Guest Denny Tsettos

I'm on my way and I'm bringing treats! The treats will consist of music of all shapes, sizes, and colors that I hope you will all enjoy! I want nothing more the to see everyone have a good time. That is what it's all about isn't it? You will hear the, "What the Fucks" (newies) and the, "Oh Shits" (the classics). I can't begin to tell you how excited and honored I am to be playing for you guys at one of the most respected clubs in the world. Big shouts to the original Miami Godfather Oscar G, the new Pimp Daddy and resident of Space Cedric (I'm married so keep the herum out of site when I come on), the legendary superstar resident of Amika Shawn Rudnick, local celebrity Roland, and ofcourse the man that I would go to if I ever need protection or a techno record, Stryke!!!!

I'm on my way and I'm bringing treats! The treats will consist of music of all shapes, sizes, and colors that I hope you will all enjoy! I want nothing more the to see everyone have a good time. That is what it's all about isn't it? You will hear the, "What the Fucks" (newies) and the, "Oh Shits" (the classics). I can't begin to tell you how excited and honored I am to be playing for you guys at one of the most respected clubs in the world. Big shouts to the original Miami Godfather Oscar G, the new Pimp Daddy and resident of Space Cedric (I'm married so keep the herum out of site when I come on), the legendary superstar resident of Amika Shawn Rudnick, local celebrity Roland, and ofcourse the man that I would go to if I ever need protection or a techno record, Stryke!!!!

hah looks like u covered all the bases. lookin foward to reviewing your night for the site 8)