Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Curious? HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT GREG "STRYKE" to...

Guest swank

Guest swank

I'll say it like this:

Tsettos is a jersey shore gudio shirtless cheese dj that plays whitney houston remixes and the keys to relentless every set

Stryke is a techno dj

perception is truth

madison ave 101!!!

The question is: Why is there a perception? How do we get rid of that perception?

Denny and Greg both need to work on their preceptions' date=' not their djing.. I had to beat tsettos to death until he came around to my school of thought and now he's doing really well. For example his website now doesn't say "nj's premier dj" in the main text. Took me a month of convicing him to change it. Clubs in south america don't book nj djs, only if you are morillo..

[/quote']

I already have an idea of what Nocturnal is trying to do and what their motive behind it is, and I'm pretty sure of what their next move is going to be. It all has to do with strategic marketing more than anything. And I agree. But hey this is CJ, and with all the industry kiss asses on here if even post my opinion, I'll get bombarded with hate mail. And I simply don't have time for that.

Turbo...

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and the day that you become uneasy presenting yours is the day that you start to compromise...no one should have to compromise!

Are you able to share with us your opinion on what Nocturnal's plan is and does it involve "Stryke"?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tres-b

perception is truth

madison ave 101!!!

The question is: Why is there a perception? How do we get rid of that perception?

Absolutely true. If you think a particular dj is great and you go hear him, you will probably hear a great set, even when he was off.

Ditto for a dj you think sucks. If you go in thinking the set is gonna blow, it will.

If your boss thinks you bust your ass 24/7, you can slack off every now and then. If your boss thinks you slack, you better hustle even harder non-stop to change that perception.

I'll say it like this:

Tsettos is a jersey shore gudio shirtless cheese dj that plays whitney houston remixes and the keys to relentless every set

Stryke is a techno dj

perception is truth

madison ave 101!!!

Denny and Greg both need to work on their preceptions, not their djing.. I had to beat tsettos to death until he came around to my school of thought and now he's doing really well. For example his website now doesn't say "nj's premier dj" in the main text. Took me a month of convicing him to change it. Clubs in south america don't book nj djs, only if you are morillo..

I already have an idea of what Nocturnal is trying to do and what their motive behind it is, and I'm pretty sure of what their next move is going to be. It all has to do with strategic marketing more than anything. And I agree. But hey this is CJ, and with all the industry kiss asses on here if even post my opinion, I'll get bombarded with hate mail. And I simply don't have time for that.

Turbo...

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and the day that you become uneasy presenting yours is the day that you start to compromise...no one should have to compromise!

Are you able to share with us your opinion on what Nocturnal's plan is and does it involve "Stryke"?

Ok, I will. Now remember, I don't have any insider info whatsovever. But based on my observations, and what i think, Stryke will be back. The only problem is that their initial approach was wrong . Hey, nobody's perfect. It's all about trial and error.

1) Being the next mega club trying to test the waters after Space was already known as the ONE and ONLY undisputed king of afterhours in Miami was going to be hard no matter what. Afterhours on such a big, commercial scale never really existed in miami prior to Space. Not like NYC where it has been a tried and tested formula since the 80's. Not to mention 3X the population of South Florida. The sheer number of people I've spoken to, that have been impatient said negative things about Nocturnal' s saturday is staggering. What ever happened to optimism?

2) Anybody with good common sense would have been able to predict that the Friday party was going to be succesful but the saturday party was not going to pick up initially. And here is my reasoning behind it. Dade has great taste in talent. And I see exactly where he was going by booking guys like Feelgood and Dimitri from Paris in the mainroom and Stryke on the patio. Excellent choice and very different in my book. However, although his aim was understandably to be different from Space, these DJ's will work in other parts of the country but not yet in miami, because people in this city have not yet been conditioned to accept and appreciate this sound. It is not the "hot" or "in" sound for the masses. So therefore it is perceived as not being "hip" or Miami-like enough.

3) And finally what you've been waiting to hear. And before I say this, you guys all know I am a big Stryke, Deep house and Chicago house fanatic. And Stryke will be back eventually IMO. But for now they are trying to pack the club and Diaga and Parantula's sound will work better at doing that in a city such as Miami. The promoters need something to work with. Stryke will come back but people have to be "conditioned" to hear and appreciate him. Meaning he will probably be spinning side by side with Diaga so people that never heard him can get a feel for him and see how talented he really is. Or they will need to book big Commercial DJ's (I'll get shot for saying this) like Wink, Morillo, Maas, Sanchez, and have Stryke open or spin along side them so that they can kill that "Techno Only" perception that they have of him. That's when the masses will flood the club, and Nocturnal will be packed on saturdays. And at that point only can they slowly start bringing guys like Dimitri, Feelgood, Doc Martin, Francois K, and Derrick May and condition them to the sound. Somebody has to break new ground and Nocturnal had the right idea and financial backup to do it, albeit the marketing approach was not applied correctly. ;)

Guest swank

good input!

Wink is already booked and I think they're are plans for some of the other jocks mentioned...that having been said, do people in general think that "Stryke" should change his time slot to an earlier one instead of 2:00AM - ? and prove to the scene that he can spin other styles?

good input!

Wink is already booked and I think they're are plans for some of the other jocks mentioned...that having been said, do people in general think that "Stryke" should change his time slot to an earlier one instead of 2:00AM - ? and prove to the scene that he can spin other styles?

Thanks for being open minded and hearing me out SWANK. And yes I think Stryke should spin earlier.

Guest swank

good input!

Wink is already booked and I think they're are plans for some of the other jocks mentioned...that having been said' date=' do people in general think that "Stryke" should change his time slot to an earlier one instead of 2:00AM - ? and prove to the scene that he can spin other styles?

[/quote']

Thanks for being open minded and hearing me out SWANK. And yes I think Stryke should spin earlier.

no need to thank me turbo, I think that we could only expect to be allowed to voice our opinions.

Hopefully Stryke is reading these boards and will take some of these opinions as constructive and not critical... :-\

Guest swank

derrick may and francois k nice........ love to see that.....

I'd love to see Nocturnal be a little more successful in general since it's such a nice venue with alot of potential.

*and for the record...NO I have nothing againt the pre-SPACE,SPACE or the new SPACE! LOL ;D

Guest ramon

derrick may and francois k nice........ love to see that.....

been there done that .. would love to see it again.

detroit 2004 @ city club + stacey pullen .. left at 830am cause my body couldnt go any longer.

was up since early that morning went to the festival and then went to that after party woo!!

Guest stryke303

just wanted to say thanks to all of you for all the positive support. it's been a very difficult couple of weeks but it's not over yet. i'll be sure to keep you updated. with all this garbage going on, you guys still make me happy to live and play here. a heartfelt thank you. to all of the liers, haters, and backstabbers, your day will come.

much love to all (even the liers, haters, and backstabbers),

greg

just wanted to say thanks to all of you for all the positive support. it's been a very difficult couple of weeks but it's not over yet. i'll be sure to keep you updated. with all this garbage going on, you guys still make me happy to live and play here. a heartfelt thank you. to all of the liers, haters, and backstabbers, your day will come.

greg

You know we got your back Greg!!!!! Some of us actually recognize and appreciate your talent. Good Luck! ;)

Guest swank

just wanted to say thanks to all of you for all the positive support. it's been a very difficult couple of weeks but it's not over yet. i'll be sure to keep you updated. with all this garbage going on' date=' you guys still make me happy to live and play here. a heartfelt thank you. to all of the liers, haters, and backstabbers, your day will come.

greg

[/quote']

You know we got your back Greg!!!!! Some of us actually recognize and appreciate your talent. Good Luck! ;)

STRYKE if ever you want to spin a different vibe just for the fun of it..please..please let me know because I would love to have you spin a "therapy" party.

And maybe there are some other promoters who would like to have you spin at their gigs?

I guess they'll let you know! It would be funny to see you on everyone's flyer for the next 4 weeks! ;D