Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Denny Tsettos Unofficial Review Thread

Bling

first off i must say, Saleen did a good job promoting this event on the board...

on to the new space and the music

NEW SPACE..

its def a dramatic change, its not done yet so i really cant base an opinion just yet (only thing i can say is that u have to lower the sound somewhat in main room)

the second floor is all hip hop now and the roof is very low like the old club space (not as low though.. but it is darker in there which i like..... )

the walls separating the old hip hop room were partially torn down making it easier access to maneuver the main room.

upstairs was slammed

for denny and cedric downstairs it was not packed at all (space standards... meaning if ur in any other club its packed but for space it was not)

cedric set

overall, i was not feeling his track selection for the most part tonite. (not like 2 weeks back where cedric def had my attention and had me dancing prior to fanciulli)..not until the end when he started to drop the really hard stuff (bit of techno) aka fanciulli 2 weeks back did i get into it. at first it was mostly just electro-house he played a bit tribally but not too much.

PS (residents. pleaseeeeeeee with a lower roof on space now the sound is seemingly louder . dont play it so loud i had earplugs and my ears were still hurting anytime i got near the speakers on the floor..)

cedric played

"girls" , "till there was u", PUTJ (an acapella kinda not really the track it wasnt too long), the "washing machine track "(great track)

denny tsettos

(he played it lower thankfully)

denny had a sickkkkk intro first track was "The door " with vocals by alan T .. u know the track that goes "ok you go left , u go right.. yes u.... no not u . u" or something like that

then he played some harder remixes of classics including "finally" which i loved.

as well as "house music"

after the first 45 min -50 min denny seemingly lost me. he then went off into pretty much NYC house and for a while at least to me, it got repetitive sounding. went to the lounge to chill (u can still here the music in there) :)

PS (justbefaboolous) can really dance OMG i think she was dancing on the platform during denny's set. correct me if im wrong people

btw didnt see much board peeps out. thats why no pics

i saw kera, darwin, nefarious girl,civs i saw andrew when i got there but i guess he went to nocturnal for diaga.

saw saleen, and thehog...

left at 5 .. i guess he went on till 6ish or so.....

must say though i am def glad space is bookin some new blood. :) zabiela, (didint go to cuz i went to fiasco but still great booking).... tsettos, etc..... good bookings..... :)

might ck denny out at amika when hes back again. he will probably play a lot different (different crowds and all) ....

Guest Darwin Castillo

Thanks Denny for throwing down some good old tracks... like Peaches - Fired Up. Hope to see you in the future more often here in Miami. Next time, please play the good old hard house like we heard when you came down for Warehouse. That was a good session that night! Oh and that Washer machine song gots to be retired please please please!!!

Thanks Denny for throwing down some good old tracks... like Peaches - Fired Up. Hope to see you in the future more often here in Miami. Next time, please play the good old hard house like we heard when you came down for Warehouse. That was a good session that night! Oh and that Washer machine song gots to be retired please please please!!!

lol our tastes in music def differ. thats cool though. heh washig machine track actually one of my fav tracks cedric played last nite ;D

Guest rollyp66

1st and foremorest many thanks to The K, for taking care of me as always!

Secondly, Pod & I were talking and we both think that Saleen deserves some credit... from not being the industry persay he did something big... he convinced LP to book his boy... which I must say was a good look for him & Space. It shows that they are open to bringing in fresh blood and that they care what thier patrons have to say.

Denny was great, I arrived around 5 AM and the Dance floor was jumping! The mainroom tends to thin out around that time and head upstairs or home... Denny held it strong for as long I was there. He played one of my fav tracks "At Night" over some sick beats which as Koky would say "Crucial!"

I didn't stay that long for I had to Chase the Sun home as my cousin Rey would say...yes you heard it right... I was home before the sun was shinning!

heard he closed it out .nice

though i only stayed 2 hrs and only the first hr had me dancing. thought he would only play till 6ish or so. played got to take into account he had to slowly buildup for a longer set...

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

PS (justbefaboolous) can really dance OMG i think she was dancing on the platform during denny's set. correct me if im wrong people

Ya that was me haha I went pretty crazy on the dancing... but I always do! Thank you for the compliment Bling =) I didnt see you though.. but oh well ;D

Ya that was me haha I went pretty crazy on the dancing... but I always do! Thank you for the compliment Bling =) I didnt see you though.. but oh well ;D

i was right in front of u then saw u take a pic with ur hot friends ;)

def looks like u had fun.....

Thanks to everyone that came out, I left at 7am and the main room was still going strong, not too sure what time he played til he's on a plane right now. Not gonna review my own party.

I will post some advice for all of yous. I've done a party with OG in Lauderdale which is much easier than doing anything in Miami, but hear me now, DO NOT GET INTO THE CLUB BUSINESS! You would have to be an idiot to get into this racket. People think you would be at the cool venues with all the celebs and getting laid alot etc.. The amout of things you have to worry about and take care of it's mind bending. This one booking probably generated over a 100 emails between all parties.

You may think you call a club get a contract and just show up and play. Not so simple. I probably haven't sleep well in weeks. If you want to be a pro dj, then get an education to fall back on. Don't sleep m-f and waste your life! Working with Space was as smooth as it gets, they have thier shit in gear and Amika was perfect to (thanks Ardis), but it's the little things that add up that you nor the club can control.

Examples: Flight issues, weather issues, is a hurricane comming? Newspapers calling you, guestlist, mis quotes, another club has morillo across the street, politics, politics politics! The power went out yesterday, I was freaking out! Opening dj sets, scouting out the club, what do they play, at what time do they play it, what are the over played tracks? OMG, every dj talks shit about one another, marketing guys talking smack, I'm talking smack, everyone is talking smack. Then agents trying to steal your contacts, djs trying to follow you down here from the tri state area, people iming me and emailing me and calling me trying to get info out of me!... It's like the wild wild west..

I've always heard a resturant is the toughest business to run, but clubs have to be on par with them. Without a vast network of industry people on my aim list and phone directory to call to get advice on and to ask questions I would have been sunk. Sure in time I could do well in this business but it's a busines whereas one day you are on top, the next you are out of a job.

My stint in the club business won't be long, I have a full time career, this is just a side business, but I thought I would enjoy doing this and maybe buildling up a business, but it's not worth it, even more of my hair would fall out if i stayed in this business. Denny and I have a few more annoucments comming soon, stay tuned and remember what I said, if you are working in the club biz or plan to in any fashion, GO TO COLLEGE FIRST OR WHILE YOU ARE DOING IT! I would be lost without my BS in ECON degree and even then I wasn't prepared to handle contracts ,negotiations, logistics, finances, accouting etc. (and I use to run a company) You guys think i'm "saleen" but I'm a m-f tie wearing district manager for broward county for a company and I hold a degree and use to work on Wall Street. The club biz will eat you alive!

Space makes it look easy, almost GM or Walmart like but it's pure talent and hard work. All you people who post about "why don't they book so and so" and "it's all about the music" you people are fools, pure fools.

All you djs who say "I can rock that room bla bla bla" reality is, you can't! Go hear og spin, then come back and tell me you could do that..

Guest slamminshaun

lol our tastes in music def differ. thats cool though. heh washig machine track actually one of my fav tracks cedric played last nite ;D

It's just that he's been playing it since WMC I guess is the point he's making...

Guest JMT

Thanks to everyone that came out, I left at 7am and the main room was still going strong, not too sure what time he played til he's on a plane right now. Not gonna review my own party.

I will post some advice for all of yous. I've done a party with OG in Lauderdale which is much easier than doing anything in Miami, but hear me now, DO NOT GET INTO THE CLUB BUSINESS! You would have to be an idiot to get into this racket. People think you would be at the cool venues with all the celebs and getting laid alot etc.. The amout of things you have to worry about and take care of it's mind bending. This one booking probably generated over a 100 emails between all parties.

You may think you call a club get a contract and just show up and play. Not so simple. I probably haven't sleep well in weeks. If you want to be a pro dj, then get an education to fall back on. Don't sleep m-f and waste your life! Working with Space was as smooth as it gets, they have thier shit in gear and Amika was perfect to (thanks Ardis), but it's the little things that add up that you nor the club can control.

Examples: Flight issues, weather issues, is a hurricane comming? Newspapers calling you, guestlist, mis quotes, another club has morillo across the street, politics, politics politics! The power went out yesterday, I was freaking out! Opening dj sets, scouting out the club, what do they play, at what time do they play it, what are the over played tracks? OMG, every dj talks shit about one another, marketing guys talking smack, I'm talking smack, everyone is talking smack. Then agents trying to steal your contacts, djs trying to follow you down here from the tri state area, people iming me and emailing me and calling me trying to get info out of me!... It's like the wild wild west..

I've always heard a resturant is the toughest business to run, but clubs have to be on par with them. Without a vast network of industry people on my aim list and phone directory to call to get advice on and to ask questions I would have been sunk. Sure in time I could do well in this business but it's a busines whereas one day you are on top, the next you are out of a job.

My stint in the club business won't be long, I have a full time career, this is just a side business, but I thought I would enjoy doing this and maybe buildling up a business, but it's not worth it, even more of my hair would fall out if i stayed in this business. Denny and I have a few more annoucments comming soon, stay tuned and remember what I said, if you are working in the club biz or plan to in any fashion, GO TO COLLEGE FIRST OR WHILE YOU ARE DOING IT! I would be lost without my BS in ECON degree and even then I wasn't prepared to handle contracts ,negotiations, logistics, finances, accouting etc. (and I use to run a company) You guys think i'm "saleen" but I'm a m-f tie wearing district manager for broward county for a company and I hold a degree and use to work on Wall Street. The club biz will eat you alive!

Space makes it look easy, almost GM or Walmart like but it's pure talent and hard work. All you people who post about "why don't they book so and so" and "it's all about the music" you people are fools, pure fools.

All you djs who say "I can rock that room bla bla bla" reality is, you can't! Go hear og spin, then come back and tell me you could do that..

good post. congrats on a successful night.

good post. congrats on a successful night.

second that

Denny played from 3am till 8:30am. What happen in those hours is something I won't review...

The washing machine track was played by Cedric, I actualy like the track.

Tracks Denny played off the top of my head:

The Door - Alan T

I'll be your elements - DT vs Robert Owens Space wmc 2003 Mix!

Robert Owens - I go back

Fired up - Funky Green dogs - Javi Colors boot rmx (the best mix ever of this song!!! massive is an understatement)

Cassius - The sound of violence (Narcotic Thrust) accapella over something

Axwell - Together re mode mix

Deep Dish - Say hello

Deep Dish - Dreams

Lil MO Ying Yang - Reach!!! Utterly massive choon from 1995!!!

Holmes Ives & Celeda - 8 Letters Let The Music Use You Up Vic mash up

Jessie Garcia - Make me happy- {stealth}

Plastic dreams keys over something (god damm that was massive)

xpress 2 - muisc...

Word is they usualy take the main room till 7 / 730, so he held it down till 8:30!!!

Guest redman

Even though some people didnt like what cedric dropped i thought it was good what songs did he actually play

Even though some people didnt like what cedric dropped i thought it was good what songs did he actually play

CG played well...

buy now - for sale

utada - you make me want to be a man (tom neville mix)

sik washing machine ( unknown mix )

Guest Cosmigonon

That's why it never crossed my mind to be a dj or to even work at anything that has to do with the biz. I just wanna have fun and leave the heqdaches to my 8 to 5 job.

Guest Untouchablepurple

i had an awesome time Denny, he does have really good talent and he spun really good !

BTW Saleen it was nice meeting you, If you forgot, Pod was the one that Introduce me to you !

Anyways Nice Job I think I left like @ 8 and he was still spinning and he had some people Dancing pretty HARD.

GOOD PARTY !!! ;D

Guest djtroko

Saleen you sound like you didn t have an easy night there with the whole booking thing. Anyways, sound like a fun night overall. will visit space again when they bring my djs back.

I also learned a very important lesson, if you are going to consult with the dj in terms of his set, you must must must get out of the booth and hit the dance floor, it's the only way you can get an idea what the crowd is feeling.

I'll let in on my secret on how I got this booking and others. Their was zero luck involved. I proved to the clubs that I bring value to the table. Before you try and get booked, ask yourself this, why would a club book you? Clubs don't want to hear that you will re invent the wheel and or "rock that room". They want to see the value in booking you. It also pays to know your stuff and to be persistent. Took me 5 years to get Denny booked twice at Space. Also like Trump said on the show, when you can, deal with the boss not his employees but don't waste the boss's time. Have a plan before you present. A bio and look what clubs I've played in is not suficient. Personal references do work wonders. Before Denny played Space the 1st time, Space did their homework and asked around about him even though his resume is all the greatest NYC clubs.

PS. We have 5 more up and comming gigs, stay tuned... When you rock Amika then Space, clubs catch on.. ;)

Guest klit

Saleen, sorry couldn't make it to this one since had to take the night off clubbing. Heard denny rocked it and that the night was great.

Definately agree with you on the club business being much much harder then what people expect. I've had experience back home throwing events with my brother in law since I was 16 and I've seen how difficult it can get. Over there only one event will have success on a given night because of the amount of people that head out, while there will be at least 3 or 4 other options of where to go. And with that unless you are on top of the game, have a reputation of success, and can deal with people trying to sabotage your night (stealing djs day of event when only a handful of good djs available, hiring dirty cops to block road to your club, pay a bad crowd to show up at your door, or start fights) you will not be successful. Over here how the clubs compete is a bit different, but the key to successful parties in the long run is really in the hands of the people hosting the parties and how much work they put into finding their niche market and keeping it.

My favorite parties in Miami all have dedicated promoters behind them and that is why I see them lasting rather then being here for the short moment their party will be hot. Unfortunately with all the oppurtunities available here in Miami there are only a handful of promoters that I personally can count on for throwing a great night. Michael Capponi is one of those since I know when I go to a party with his name on it I can expect a beautiful crowd, packed event, and good house djs playing the most popular house music out right now. Grutman's parties are associated with some of Capponi's so the same can be said for his parties and it's just a great partnership as Grutman has been bringing a similar crowd full of celebs partying at the clubs since his tantra days. Biz is another promoter I respect a lot as you see him just put so much effort into keeping his parties fresh, fun, and running smooth. At any party he throws you will see him running around the place like crazy making sure everything is running smoothly. The Tai Events have also been some of my favorite as they've always been the perfect events when im in the mood to lounge and see beautiful people, now with all the drama I'm not sure what to make of their events as have not checked them out yet but I'm sure all 3 will do well. Finally there is is Kristin or kristine from Amika's sundance party who has made sunday another night of serious partying by bringing in a good mixture in the crowd, great music, and always surprising us with top of the line guest djs.

I didn't mention any promoters from space even though I think they all do a good job, because the success of that place in my opinion is due to LP. No other club owner runs their club better in my opinion and it's a club that will be here for quite a while.

Again sorry couldn't make it to support your night, could tell you were busting your ass to make this night happen and glad to hear it did go well. Again definately agree with u on how tough a business it is and thats why only the best and hardworking promoters last longer then a couple of months on top of the game. It's hard to do which is why I like to give props and respect to the guys like biz, grutman, and capponi who you see putting a lot of work into making their events memorable. Hope to see you throwing more events saleen.

Guest Darwin Castillo

This was a Cedric track to make things clear. Denny, Thanks again for spinning here. We def. need to see more of you here!

What does the ONLY DJ that closed out Amika and closed out Space, play?? Here is the tracklisting from the night, be aware some of his "secret weapons" are not on this list, those can't be known by the public at this time.

Not So Dirty - Who's Who

ol la la - Goldfrapp (tiefschwarz mix)

Shake - Underground Movement (Rene Amesz Mix)

Old School Nu Jacks - Oliver Klien

All Over The World - Electric Gang

I'm Your Doctor - Rene Amesz

Make A Move On Me - Joey Negro

Fuse, Move Your Body - Plastic Dreams (Kurd Maverick Mix)

Magnetic - Bellone

Ritmo Universal - John Kreamer & Stephan K

Caracao Tambor - Ian Pooley

Alright - Red Carpet (Brad Carter Mix)

Let the Music Play - New Groove

Precious Love - Barbara Tucker

Waiting In The Darkness - Leslie Carter (Choo Choo Mix)

Right About Now - Fuzzy Hair

Get Your Club On - Jon Ciafone

Sub Rockin - Richard Grey

Let's Get Happy - Jessie Garcia

Say Hello - Deep Dish (Chus & Ceballos Mix)

Dub Shepard - Deep Dish

Believe - Martin H

Club Game - Martin H (Peter Bailey Mix)

8 Letters vs Music is the Answer - Vic's Mashup

Can U Feel It - Philippe B

Gabryelle - DJ Technic (Olav Basoski Mix)

Boost Your Metabolism - Cevin Fisher *utterly massive!

Obsessive Sound - Alex Dolby

Dreams - Fleetwood Mac (Deep Dish Remix)

Sword Fight - Lower East Side (Trent Cantrelle Mix)

I Can't Remember - Audio Fly

Till There Was You - Rachael Star (Kramer & K Mix)

Together - Axwell & Sebatian

Classics that I played in random order:

I'll Be Your Friend - Robert Owens

Elements - Danny Tenaglia

Music - X-Press 2

Reach - Lil Mo Ying Yang

French Kiss - Lil Louis (Remix)

Shakedown w/ Give Me Love - Alcatraz

Plastic Dreams - Jaydee (LeeCabrera Remix)

Fired Up - Funky Green Dogs (Javi Colors Boots Remix)**my fav!

Be Yourself - Celeda (Lexicon Ave 2005 Remix)

Finally - Kings of Tomorrow (2005 White Label Remix)

Sounds Of Violence - Cassius (DJ Petzi Remix)