Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone have any rental car horror stories?

I rented a car and they say I owe them 550 bucks for scracth I didn't cause. I didn't get the insurance because I only had the car for 2 hours which turned into 2 days since Sawgrass Ford fucking sucks..

So i'm fighting it, any help, advice, stories, lessons learned??

It was enterprise.

I rented a car and they say I owe them 550 bucks for scracth I didn't cause. I didn't get the insurance because I only had the car for 2 hours which turned into 2 days since Sawgrass Ford fucking sucks..

It was enterprise.

I'm shocked to hear this coming from a guy that records licence plate #'s at the beach when we park for bloody mary saturdays at blondies..

You didn't walk around the car with the guy before you drove the car off?

hmmmmm :-\ :-\

It was enterprise.

I'm shocked to hear this coming from a guy that records licence plate #'s at the beach when we park for bloody mary saturdays at blondies..

I turned the car into the dealership who turns it into Enterprise which is attached to the dealership, aka Sawgrass Ford, when I left my house I looked it over and there was no damage.

they told me 15 hours later that theri was a 7 inch scracth in the pass side door, now they tell me it's a 18 inch scrap on the rear pass side quarter panel. Then they only have black and white photos and I was never allowed to see the car, they already fixed it!!!!

Guest JMT

It was enterprise.

I turned the car into the dealership who turns it into Enterprise which is attached to the dealership, aka Sawgrass Ford, when I left my house I looked it over and there was no damage.

they told me 15 hours later that theri was a 7 inch scracth in the pass side door, now they tell me it's a 18 inch scrap on the rear pass side quarter panel. Then they only have black and white photos and I was never allowed to see the car, they already fixed it!!!!

f that. deny deny deny. have they said they are going to charge your credit card? if so make sure to notify them of the dispute, but they prob wont care until if or when it actually gets charged.

did you do a walk around the car before getting it?

(one thing about amex is that they are good about taking your side and they insure rental cars for you for free.)

Guest Electric Eel

For future reference:

Usually your own car insurance covers rental insurance or as JMT pointed out a credit card company will.

I've been told that the insurance they try to get you is bullshit and most of the time you are already covered.

Guest cutchemist

so i'm at this huge kick a$$ party with all the "usual suspects" that got together every weekend and I was drivin' a rental cuz i had cut a corner too sharp and fcuked up on of my Aluminium rims....

any who...

a cat that had made a major front (10K) the weekend before but had never returned with the cash shows up at this party...

obviously things get out of hand and i run out to my rental and the hood was caved in and all the tires were slashed...i opened the door in such a hurried state (never mind my mental state) that i busted the car door....

of course i didn't take out insurance (like who actually does this)

I had some friends smash out the hood, jimmy-rig the door, then i stopped at one of those "7$" tire places on the side of the road and picked up 4....

i rode into that rental place sweatin bullets i tell you...they were in such a rush they didn't even inspect the car...and i tell you i waited for a phone call from them for months ;)

Guest Slide On The Ice

KuTiEKhEmE, that's strange but good that they never pursued you for the damages.

Saleen, I'm glad you won your battle and avoided paying.

Enterprise gave me a hassle as well. My car was stolen and then 3 weeks later it was recovered but it was an additional 2 or 3 weeks until the dealership got all the damages fixed. So I'm renting from Enterprise and my insurance covered 5 weeks for the rental, and I had to pay for the 6th week out of pocket. Whatever. At the end of five weeks I had to return the car and select a new one for the additional week. More hassle in that.

So I get the new rental in the last week and drive it home. The next morning I was on my way to work and my engine light comes on telling me I had no oil. Then the engine begins making sounds that I knew were signs that without oil in it the damn thing was about to blow. I pulled right off 95 into a gas station. I got 2 quarts of oil and poured them into the engine, and the watched as both quarts poured to the pavement from the bottom of the engine. A hose had sprung a leak.

Okay, so I call Enterprise and they tell me to wait for their tow truck to get the car, and then they would give me a new car. I wound up being several hours late for work and I lost that much money as a result. So later I had to fight with them because they did not want to give me that day's rental free, nor reimburse me for the wages I lost due to their car's oil leak.

They were crazy, actually expecting me to pay for that day's rental. Whatever. I finally talked some sense into a more rational manager and of course I had them remove that day's rental from my bill. I decided then that I would never rent from Enterprise again.

So that's my story.

so i'm at this huge kick a$$ party with all the "usual suspects" that got together every weekend and I was drivin' a rental cuz i had cut a corner too sharp and fcuked up on of my Aluminium rims....

any who...

a cat that had made a major front (10K) the weekend before but had never returned with the cash shows up at this party...

obviously things get out of hand and i run out to my rental and the hood was caved in and all the tires were slashed...i opened the door in such a hurried state (never mind my mental state) that i busted the car door....

of course i didn't take out insurance (like who actually does this)

I had some friends smash out the hood, jimmy-rig the door, then i stopped at one of those "7$" tire places on the side of the road and picked up 4....

i rode into that rental place sweatin bullets i tell you...they were in such a rush they didn't even inspect the car...and i tell you i waited for a phone call from them for months ;)

:o u def lucked out mama :)

Yes...was working thru a subcontractor who paid for my work truck, who had a commercial account with Enterprise...I was under no contract with Enterprise, was just listed as a driver...now i am no longer w/ the subcontractor(but working directly with the company they were contracting with)...and they(sub)...stopped paying for their trucks and now Enterprise wants me to pay them $XXXX.XX for the monthly rental in which i was only the driver for.

The bastards said that if they can't get the money from the account holders, they go to the person below in which case its me

For future reference:

Usually your own car insurance covers rental insurance or as JMT pointed out a credit card company will.

I've been told that the insurance they try to get you is bullshit and most of the time you are already covered.

The only thing that the rental car companys insurance covers (if you have your own insurance) is your deductible.