Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Missy Elliott performs Live at Space..

Guest Ariel

Umm guys, it is on a Friday. Again, I don't see how this affects anyone. Downtown isn't gonna thrive on house music alone.

If anything, the hip-hoppers have their night and the house folk have their night.

Oh, and if trance worked in this town, LP would have trance on Fridays.

Figure this. It costs well over thirty grand to open Space for business on any given night. If I owned the joint, you'd have to promise to deliver that figure and then some consistently.

And then people ask themselves why there are so many haters out there when they are too blind too see that they are haters themselves.

I still dont know why people who like House tend to hate Hip Hop so much ???

??? ???

Actually it just makes me laugh...maybe it's a Miami thing - I have no clue...to me they share very many things in common and in origin. Sure there is shit in ALL music...but every genre has it's quality...Missy is an innovator.

I love house and this Saturday before I go hear some quality House over at Blue...I'll be hittin up the pepsi smash concert at Bayfront with Kanye, John Legend and Common...then off to see Miss Lady D.

kanye west is pretty freakin good ;D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

I kinda used to rail against hip-hop, but I realized my rabid mouthings were kind of ironic considering the message that most hip-hop conveys.

And ya know what? I kind of agree with money, bitches, and having a good time. 8)

Guest lyrik

Umm guys, it is on a Friday. Again, I don't see how this affects anyone. Downtown isn't gonna thrive on house music alone.

If anything, the hip-hoppers have their night and the house folk have their night.

Oh, and if trance worked in this town, LP would have trance on Fridays.

Figure this. It costs well over thirty grand to open Space for business on any given night. If I owned the joint, you'd have to promise to deliver that figure and then some consistently.

And then people ask themselves why there are so many haters out there when they are too blind too see that they are haters themselves.

I still dont know why people who like House tend to hate Hip Hop so much ???

??? ???

Actually it just makes me laugh...maybe it's a Miami thing - I have no clue...to me they share very many things in common and in origin. Sure there is shit in ALL music...but every genre has it's quality...Missy is an innovator.

I love house and this Saturday before I go hear some quality House over at Blue...I'll be hittin up the pepsi smash concert at Bayfront with Kanye, John Legend and Common...then off to see Miss Lady D.

kanye west is pretty freakin good ;D

GENIUS...as is John Legend..incredible and inspired music at its best, I can't wait.

Guest LeVeL

Dance music needs to be more honest with itself. I want dance music with a hip-hop business plan.

All that PLUR BS and Funky beats and in my house only house music is played is bullcrap and has to end.

Guest Pablo F

As long as it doesnt touch saturdays I dont really care. I mean at least missy is one of the good ones. I should know I have to play a bunch of different stuf just so that they will let me play house...... Man I cant wait to make it..LOL

Guest The_Man

I've never understood hating a whole genre of music, especially since there are some acts that cross over. For instance, what do Linkin Park fans that hate hip hop do when they team up with Jay Z and vice versa?

And if nobody has noticed, Missy Elliot has electronic elements in some of her music. I'm not saying I like a lot of hip hop but not all of it is bad (ie. B.E.P. and Outkast).

Dance music needs to be more honest with itself. I want dance music with a hip-hop business plan.

All that PLUR BS and Funky beats and in my house only house music is played is bullcrap and has to end.

i dont listen to house i only listen to tiesto n oakie

bout bashing hip hop or not...i do listen to hip hop, but there's a thing bout listening to hip hop for people that have listened to it for several years and there's another thing bout hip hop nowadays being a freakin "jungle" of wannabes...i know it used to be the same way years ago, but not as bad as what the media, new rappers, the whole 36's on my '66 impala w/ the vinyl sticker on the side of the car has done to the "scene" esp club scene...dunno if u went to see/heard bout 50 cent down at Crystal's in sobe bout 2-3 years ago or so when 50 just got "big"...it was a mad house, shots fired, ect...that's ur typical BS night @ a hip hop club...one of the top reasons ppl bash on it...plus most new rappers have no originallity...they just take lyrics from different songs n try to make it their own....whhhat!

Guest ILLMATIC

Trust me having Missy Elliot at Space is nothing to worry about. She is a great entertainer and skillful artist.

When tasteless acts like LiL Jon start hitting Space than you can sound the alarms, but I have to agree clubs are a business. If money is not coming in than it is almost pointless to even stay in business. Fuck if I owned a club I would bring in MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice if they could make me money. LoL

Guest Electric Eel

I have no complaints, I actually like Missy, I have her new cd in my car cd player as we speak. Doesn't mean i'll head over there on Friday, but there's nothing wrong with them having a hip hop party as long as it doesnt affect Sat night which obviously it won't.

Good luck Kirk ;)

Guest Spirits

So I guess the next thread will be about the VMA night Space will be hosting the after party with P. Diddy himself! Now I want to hear from all you house heads now, that your not intrested in coming that night! You'll all want to be there catching a glimpse of the all the stars that will be there. Here is the kicker: It;ll probably be mostly Hip-Hop music! LOL! And if your not intrested in being at that party your only lying to yourself. 8) You all knock Hip-Hop but all of you have probably been seen in the Hip-Hop room at Space. ;)

Guest Ariel

So I guess the next thread will be about the VMA night Space will be hosting the after party with P. Diddy himself! Now I want to hear from all you house heads now, that your not intrested in coming that night! You'll all want to be there catching a glimpse of the all the stars that will be there. Here is the kicker: It;ll probably be mostly Hip-Hop music! LOL! And if your not intrested in being at that party your only lying to yourself. 8) You all knock Hip-Hop but all of you have probably been seen in the Hip-Hop room at Space. ;)

P. Diddy LOVES House so you never know..

Trust me having Missy Elliot at Space is nothing to worry about. She is a great entertainer and skillful artist.

When tasteless acts like LiL Jon start hitting Space than you can sound the alarms, but I have to agree clubs are a business. If money is not coming in than it is almost pointless to even stay in business. Fuck if I owned a club I would bring in MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice if they could make me money. LoL

No doubt...Lil Jon and his down south, gold teeth wearing goons are pure garbage. That's not hip hop in my book. Or to anybody else who really knows what hip hop is. As long as they don't bring these animals to downtown it's all good.

Guest tiltmiami

i have a list.... this to me are hip hop artist

ready here we go

Jay Z

Mos def

Nas

Method Man and Red Man

Phareel

Jagged edge

warren G

snoop

Dre

Eminem

LL cool J

cypers hill

ice cube

busta

Mariah

Dmx

LOX

juddakiss

styles

cammeron

kanye west

and more that i can say i would pay to go see them

now please

Try to bring some of this acts and please i beg dont bring Mike jones or none of that