Clubplanet Nightlife Community

makes me sad...

Guest itsalexg

Guest itsalexg

I m new to this board but have been going to space for a long time. And stuff like this makes me depressed

Since i was asked to remove the picture of the flyer

The flyer was a picture of a faceless girl holding her groin area. Advertising the reggaeton night in a poor manner.

Guest swirlundergrounder

What exactly is so depressing ??? ??? ???

Every rookie thinks that their club should just cater to one genre of music. The bottom line is that never works in the long run. The more money Space makes the better they can make their club and the better acts they can get. Doesn't Space have a hip hop room on Saturdays? And that hasn't ruined the night has it?

Guest itsalexg

From MY point of view it is not bad that they r having a hip hop night! It’s not bad at all since must clubs do have different music on different nights. But if they are going to do it they should market it differently. With a flyer like this they are going to attract the wrong crowd and give a bad name to SPACE. This looks like a typical “club deep†or “club troy†flyer not a flyer for a club said to be one of the best. I stand with my point. This flyer is horrible and is bringing down the name of space. I really hope that space and everyone involved is successful with this event & wish them the best. But lately they have made poor marketing calls like: changing the color of the logo (which is a do not) and having the Friday and Saturday lineup on the same flyer. Sorry if u guys disagree with me.

Guest Satz

After surveying many people, I have found that most people who love house, hate reggaeton and most who love reggaeton, hate house.

The funniest thing about it is that both have the same complaint about the others' music...

"It's the same beat over and over"

Amazingly enough, according to Cedric Gervais and Eddy Guerra, a few months back Sander dropped "Gasolina" on the terrace and everyone went nuts.

It goes to show ya that in the right place and at the right time, all music can be appreciated. There's crappy house and there's crappy reggaeton, just like there's amazing house and amazing reggaeton.

Guest swirlundergrounder

From MY point of view it is not bad that they r having a hip hop night! It’s not bad at all since must clubs do have different music on different nights. But if they are going to do it they should market it differently. With a flyer like this they are going to attract the wrong crowd and give a bad name to SPACE. This looks like a typical “club deep†or “club troy†flyer not a flyer for a club said to be one of the best. I stand with my point. This flyer is horrible and is bringing down the name of space. I really hope that space and everyone involved is successful with this event & wish them the best. But lately they have made poor marketing calls like: changing the color of the logo (which is a do not) and having the Friday and Saturday lineup on the same flyer. Sorry if u guys disagree with me.

Now that you put it in that context I think you have a good point. Sorry for calling you a rookie. I thought you were just complaining about the genre of music. The marketing on that flyer doesn't do the institution of Space any justice.

There are many ways to promote a Hip Hop night on a flyer without degrading the brand of club Space...

You're right 'THIS IS SAD' :'( :'( :'( :'(

Guest swirlundergrounder

After surveying many people, I have found that most people who love house, hate reggaeton and most who love reggaeton, hate house.

The funniest thing about it is that both have the same complaint about the others' music...

Amazingly enough, according to Cedric Gervais and Eddy Guerra, a few months back Sander dropped "Gasolina" on the terrace and everyone went nuts.

It goes to show ya that in the right place and at the right time, all music can be appreciated. There's crappy house and there's crappy reggaeton, just like there's amazing house and amazing reggaeton.

Sander dropped 'Gasolina'? That's unexpected LOL....

Guest durrtylexx

the flyer does look ghetto fab.. but thats the crowd that likes reggaeton..

I personally don't care, I know I wont be there and thats all that matters..

I'm all for capitalism..

Guest Satz

gasolina????? :o.. would have loved to be there and scene this science expirement

I wasn't there, so what I'm telling you is hearsay, but it did come from TWO reliable sources

Guest Ariel

Oh I was there that morning and boy did everyone go nuts! Some house people do like reggeaton they just dont want to admit it ;D

Guest gotdrums13

Amen To That! I totally agree with you Satz...aside from the reggaeton being played, Juan E is a great DJ and spins house very well if you havent heard him yet.

I think it was LP that played "La Gasolina" that morning on the patio, if I wasn't too hammered to notice... ;D

Guest web_norah

i'd be depressed using that image for a flyer

a faceless woman grabbing her groin area isn't exactly what would attract someone to go out, but then again that's my view.

Guest Electric Eel

I think it was LP that played "La Gasolina" that morning on the patio, if I wasn't too hammered to notice... ;D

You are correct, I was there by the booth and LP handed it to Sander to put it on

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

I just got get why people take it so personal that Space is doing a Hip Hop/Reggeaton party. Like its been said in previous posts, the Friday party is the Friday party and Saturdays are Saturdays they are two completely different parties. I look at it differently I guess than most people. For them to be doing what they are going to be doing is pretty impressive. Missy ElioTT opening night and who knows who else they will be bringing, but I can imagine it will be someone big... And on top of that all this will happen FRIDAY and only FRIDAY not SATURDAY... They still are very different from almost every other club. Up until now they were only open one day out of the week, Saturdays, and constantly bringing world renound deejays atleast every or every other weekend. To me that alone still makes SPACE have a great name. On top of that, if they will bring big names on Fridays I feel that makes SPACE look BETTER than looking worse... Look at it beyond the point that because they will be playing 'reggeaton' in the patio that it will degrate the place...