Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cel Phone Service->Europe Vs. U.S.

Guest michael^heaven

Guest JMT

all i know is the people over there text like crazy. texts are usually free and unlimited, so they always text instead of calling whenever possible. somewhat the opposite of here.

Guest Devilicious

all i know is the people over there text like crazy. texts are usually free and unlimited, so they always text instead of calling whenever possible. somewhat the opposite of here.

Ummm, I don't know about in PBC, but in Miami we text like crazy too. I prefer it to having to talk on the phone. 5 bucks a month covers my usage and I use a lot less airtime minutes. :)

Guest JMT

Ummm, I don't know about in PBC, but in Miami we text like crazy too. I prefer it to having to talk on the phone. 5 bucks a month covers my usage and I use a lot less airtime minutes. :)

ive sent 1200 in one month. thats how i roll. ;)

but i think people like us are still in the minority. its more widespread among the euros.

Guest ddg

but i think people like us are still in the minority. its more widespread among the euros.

long live the KING OF TEXTING!!

Guest DaGoose

Me and all my friends text like crazy too. 1200? Yeah I been there plenty lol. Saleens brother is the king of getting bills cut too. He's taken at least $1000 off my phone bill and thats no shit. So who's gonna send me a text? :P

Guest Electric Eel

I'm all about texting, unless I really need to talk to someone. I like it because you can do it anywhere and its private, no one hears or sees what you are texting. Luckily I have unlimited texting with my plan so it works out great.

Guest JMT

I'm all about texting, unless I really need to talk to someone. I like it because you can do it anywhere and its private, no one hears or sees what you are texting. Luckily I have unlimited texting with my plan so it works out great.

and sometimes you only need to ask someone one quick question. why waste the time calling and interrupting what they are doing, when you can text and they can write back at their convienience.

also, i dont like when people i know leave voicemails that say "hey, call me." thats what caller id is for. if you are someone i talk to reguarly, i can see that you called so you must have had something to say. why trouble the other person to call their voicemail just to hear a message saying "call me"?

Guest JMT

long live the KING OF TEXTING!!

lol, people tell me i look like a courtroom reporter.

Guest Devilicious

True, my parents (and probably a lot of older people) don't 'get it' I use about 1000 a month! Of course that includes the promotional ones I get sent. Grrr.

I spend a fair amount of time in loud places (I'm sure most of us do) so that's one reason i like it. Texting can be imperitive... the privacy thing is huge.

Europe service is better because like the article says, they have a "common" standard .. here in the U.S., companies tend to go their own way ...

Verizon is the oldest and the worst, At&t (now with cingular) is supossed to have 95% of the country covered but cingular plans are expensive compared to others, Sprint has the best quality in sound but their customer service sucks, t-mobile is by far the best choice but their network could offer more options ..

by the time we get to have video conferencing here over your cel phone, in japan and europe there will be a ps 4

for yout text messaging needs, sidekick is a great choice ;)

Guest JMT

i disagree chib. i had cingular/att and it blew compared to verizon. the size of the network doesnt mean much when you still get crappy reception in your own house. i switched to verizon after reading a consumer reports article that rated them higher. my only negative for verizon is the lack of unlimited texts outside of other verizon customers.

believe me .. cingular/at&t is better than verizon in some things ...

i worked for at&t wireless long time ago and i learned a lot about how those companies work, for example .. when THEY say "sorry, mr customer, we cannot give any credit for this" thats bull

customer care representatives are ALL given a certain ammount of "credit" per month so they can "convince" the customers to stay with the company ... this is one of the reasons why i think cingular is better than verizon, because of its cutomer service ..

in any case, t-mobile is my first choice

about text messaging, try getting 16 pages of detailed belling, its ridiculous ! lol

Guest b00tyman07

my ex lives in wales and she sends me texts like letters, i consider a text message impersonal and only use it for what/when/who/where/why, its not for details or feelings unless you absolutely can't talk

Guest durrtylexx

I prefer texting, i hate talking on the phone.

I could care less about stories, and your life, i just want the facts.

Guest JMT

I prefer texting, i hate talking on the phone.

I could care less about stories, and your life, i just want the facts.

hahaha, i agree. its better to hear the stories in person anyway.

Guest web_norah

Europe service is better because like the article says, they have a "common" standard .. here in the U.S., companies tend to go their own way ...

Verizon is the oldest and the worst, At&t (now with cingular) is supossed to have 95% of the country covered but cingular plans are expensive compared to others, Sprint has the best quality in sound but their customer service sucks, t-mobile is by far the best choice but their network could offer more options ..

by the time we get to have video conferencing here over your cel phone, in japan and europe there will be a ps 4

for yout text messaging needs, sidekick is a great choice ;)

Verizon's coverage is the best here in NYC

their phones are terrible but you can be on a subway and get calls.

T-Mobile is decent but their network isn't the greatest.

btw phone service in Europe, especially in UK is tres expensive, that's why they use text, it is far cheaper.