Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami Restaurant Month

Guest Electric Eel

Guest Electric Eel

Ok, decided not to be selfish anymore and share this wonderful event with you guys. I don't think anyone else has posted about it so here goes.

Make sure to go to the website and check the menus for each restaurant along with what days they offer this menu. Not all restaurants offer this menu all the time. Enjoy! Yummmm

http://www.miamirestaurantmonth.com/

Campo Viejo Wines Presents Miami Spice Restaurant Month 2005... From now until September 30, 2005, more than 60 top restaurants will offer tantalizing three-course dinners for $30.05 and/or a three-course lunch for $20.05.

List of participating restaurants:

1200 at the Biltmore (L,D)

• 1220 at The Tides (L,D)

• A Fish Called Avalon (D)

• Acqua at the Four Seasons (L,D)

• Americana at The Ritz-Carlton (L,D)

• Art Cafe South Beach (L,D)

• Atrio at the Conrad Miami (L,D)

• Azul (L)

• Bal Harbour Bistro (L,D)

• Baleen (L,D)

• Bizcaya at The Ritz-Carlton (L,D)

• Blue Door at the Delano (L,D)

• Caffe Milano (L,D)

• Carmen the Restaurant (L,D)

• Chef Allen's (D)

• China Grill (L,D)

• Chispa Restaurant (L,D)

• Christy's Restaurant (L,D)

• Doraku (L,D)

• Dragon (D)

• Emeril's Miami Beach (L,D)

• Escopazzo Ristorante Italiano (D)

• Grazie Italian Cuisine (D)

• Harrison's (D)

• Isabela's (L,D)

• L' Entrecôte de Paris (D)

• Mark's South Beach (L,D)

• Mendoza Miami Restaurant (L,D)

• Metro Kitchen + Bar (D)

• Mosaico Restaurant (D)

• Neomi's Grill (L,D)

• Norman's (D)

• North One 10 (D)

• Novecento (L,D)

• Ola Steak (D)

• Ortanique on the Mile (L,D)

• Panorama (L,D)

• Pascal's on Ponce (L,D)

• Preston's at the Loews (L,D)

• The Purple Dolphin (L,D)

• Red Fish Grill (D)

• Restaurant at the Raleigh (L,D)

• Restaurant M. Woods (L,D)

• Rex at The Marlin (L,D)

• The River Oyster Bar (L,D)

• Riverwalk Cafe (L,D)

• Shula's Steak House—Alexander (L,D)

• Shula's Steak House "The Original" (L)

• Smith & Wollensky (L)

• St. Michel (L,D)

• Sugo (D)

• SushiSamba dromo (L,D)

• Talula Restaurant (L,D)

• Tamara at The National Hotel (L,D)

• Timo Restaurant (L,D)

• Touch Restaurant (D)

• Tuscan Steak (D)

• Vix (L)

• Vue (D)

• Whitney's (D)

Guest Electric Eel

lol, lula, carisa and I will be going to our second restaurant this weekend. Good food for a great price, can't ask for any better!

Guest macboy

Took advantage of it many times last year. Originally a one month special, it was so popular they extended it to two months and this year made it permanent.

Here's the thing...some restaurants place limits on when they offer these deals, so check the website. Also, some restaurants won't even advertise it so you have to ask for the Spice menu when you sit down. A lot of the waitstaff hate this menu because it limits their tip potential, so many do not bring it up if you don't ask. So ASK!!!!!!!! ;)

FYI, sometimes the Spice menu isn't that great and you're better off going with the full menu.

Guest web_norah

of that whole list.

only places i recommend for the overall experience (including decent service), Azul and Norman. i havent tried all of them but quite a bunch in there, are just average(based on my experience).

too bad Casa Tua or Macalusos arent there.

Guest Electric Eel

Yeah I was hoping Macaluso's was on there as well.

So far we went to Isabela's, it's in the Marriott on Brickell and all 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed our dinners. Last year went to the Biltmore and it was very good as well.

I agree that not all the menu's are the best but that is why we went through and each chose a menu we really like and are taking turns going to those restaurants.

Guest Devilicious

novecento, smith and wollensky, and touch

mmmmmmmmm

i heard also, emeril's will give you the deal. never been though

Guest durrtylexx

novecento, smith and wollensky, and touch

mmmmmmmmm

i heard also, emeril's will give you the deal. never been though

emeril's is good. norman's :D good stuff!

thanks lee.

Guest Electric Eel

Looking forward to friday, girls! ;D

Yea, same here! ::drool::

Saturday now but still looking forward to dinner. :)

gosh, dinner with you two, ewwww

Guest Electric Eel

Looking forward to friday, girls! ;D

Yea, same here! ::drool::

Saturday now but still looking forward to dinner. :)

gosh, dinner with you two, ewwww

You dont have to go....but I know you want to. :P

You know i'm just kidding, I love hanging with my girls and good food, what else does one need?

Guest macboy

Hey, how about we post reviews of these restaurants based on the Miami Spice menus? Give your opinion on how good the selection is, as well as how the food and service are. Also let us know if you had to request the Spice menu or whether they gave it to you automatically. If you've been there before, compare the regular menu to the Spice menu.

I'll start. We went to Shula's last night at the Alexander. Had to request the menu. Main menu is not that large to begin with so the Spice menu really wasn't very limited in comparison. My filet mignon was surprisingly very good. My girlfriend had the salmon, which was top notch. Lobster bisque was a bit bland, but the gorgonzola salad was tasty. Key lime pie and warm chocolate cake were outstanding. Waiter was very attentive, though I could tell he was disappointed when we requested the Spice menu.

I'd recommend it.

Guest Electric Eel

Hey, how about we post reviews of these restaurants based on the Miami Spice menus? Give your opinion on how good the selection is, as well as how the food and service are. Also let us know if you had to request the Spice menu or whether they gave it to you automatically. If you've been there before, compare the regular menu to the Spice menu.

I'll start. We went to Shula's last night at the Alexander. Had to request the menu. Main menu is not that large to begin with so the Spice menu really wasn't very limited in comparison. My filet mignon was surprisingly very good. My girlfriend had the salmon, which was top notch. Lobster bisque was a bit bland, but the gorgonzola salad was tasty. Key lime pie and warm chocolate cake were outstanding. Waiter was very attentive, though I could tell he was disappointed when we requested the Spice menu.

I'd recommend it.

Good to hear! We already have reservations to go there on Sat. I was excited about the lobster bisque, sucks it was bland

For our first dinner we went to Isabelas in the JW Marriott downtown. We were running a little late for our reservation and were worried that they would give it away but when we went in the place was EMPTY except for one other table...not a good sign.

However, EVERYTHING was OUTSTANDING!!!! Here is what I had:

Appetizer:Prosciutto di Parma con Melone

Thinly sliced Italian prosciutto paired with flavorful melon

accompanied with shaved pecorino and asiago crostini

Entree:Penne Quattro Formaggi

with fontina, parmesan, asiago and robiola cheeses

Dessert:Torta di Cioccolato

with caramel sauce & chocolate shavings

We also had a bottle of wine and a couple bottles of sparkling water and several cups of cuban coffee. The check for 4 people came to around $269 and that included a nice sized tip.

I HIGHLY reccommend this place to anyone although we did not look at their regular menu.

Guest macboy

Good to hear! We already have reservations to go there on Sat. I was excited about the lobster bisque, sucks it was bland

I like the bisques to be on the spicier side. Give it a try and tell me what you think.