Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steve Lawler makes his return to Space

Guest r3nz0

Guest r3nz0

Saturday, October 15, 2005

In my opinion, he sucked during Conference but he was great on the patio the last time he came to Space.

Anyway, this should be fun. 8)

Guest lulamishka

I really don't know if I will go to this. I used to LOVE Lawler, but he has really been disappointing me lately.

Best I've ever heard him, imo, was WMC of 2004 @ State. Wish I could hear him like that again. :-\

We shall see.

Guest mr. wilkins

I heard Lawler in London @ Home for his 'Deep South' residency during the summer of 2000... 5 hour set.. 10p-3a opening up for guest Jimmy Van M 3a- til who freakin knows, I left after Lawler's set)....

some of the best music I've heard in a nightclub to date...

caught him during his first "Lights Out" tour and although a good set that night....defo not the caliber as what I heard in London...

if he's still playing that drugged out, dark, tribal prog then he'll lose the crowd w/ in the first 15 minutes...

I'd book him to play a deep house set in a second though...he's a wicked dj and has an amazing music collection..

Guest ramon

I heard Lawler in London @ Home for his 'Deep South' residency during the summer of 2000... 5 hour set.. 10p-3a opening up for guest Jimmy Van M 3a- til who freakin knows, I left after Lawler's set)....

some of the best music I've heard in a nightclub to date...

caught him during his first "Lights Out" tour and although a good set that night....defo not the caliber as what I heard in London...

if he's still playing that drugged out, dark, tribal prog then he'll close the crowd w/ in the first 15 minutes...

I'd book him to play a deep house set in a second though...he's a wicked dj and has an amazing music collection..

Lights Out 2 Disc 3 is mint!

Guest Devilicious

Lights out 2 sucked majorly IMO. Don't know anything about a third disc, I only have 2. I was pretty pleased on the 4th at Nikki beach. Something about that dark sound in the bright sun was unique. I dont think this will be high on my list of events to attend, but I might check it out.

Guest ramon

Lights out 2 sucked majorly IMO. Don't know anything about a third disc, I only have 2. I was pretty pleased on the 4th at Nikki beach. Something about that dark sound in the bright sun was unique. I dont think this will be high on my list of events to attend, but I might check it out.

CD3 was dropped from the retail.

and it was Lights Out 1.

Here's the tracklist.

1. 0:47Danny Tenaglia / Better Days (Accapella)

2.4:20H-Foundation / Passage Of Time

3.6:50Celeda / Burning Up (M.a.s. Vocal Beat Mix)

4.6:51Mareeko / More (Jdl Vocal Mix)

5.2:47Driver Dj Feat. The Jocker / Effects

6.5:19Aaron Carl / Dance Naked (Club 69 Pirate Mix)

7.6:43Josh One / Contemplation (King Britt Funke Mix)

8.9:49Photon Inc. / Generater Power (Wildpitch Mix)

9.4:37Kevin Freeman / In The Groove

10.6:13Mendo / Tell Me (Dr Kucho & Wally Lopez Mix)

11.7:05Dr Kucho & Wally Lopez / Acid Journey

12.5:21Bushbaby / For Real (Red Plug Dub)

13.6:00Future Funk / Switch Lock

Guest skywalker01

his stock has really fallen in Miami....

he failed to change up his sound fast enough, he held onto that dark sound way too long..

good, maybe all the bandwagoner's will stay home so it won't be so fuckin' crowded. i'll admit lights out '04 was better than '05 but it was still a good night of music. my guess is he will be on form, especially on the terrace.

Guest Marina22

Woa, this just opens up a can of worms since these two are precisely who I was planning to see in Oct.! I am listening to the set from the Essential Selection this Friday and I think it is electro but godamn it's Steve Lawler, one of my favorites. Either you love him or you don't. As for Danny, I missed him at Ultra (no time) but would like to check him out at Halloween since I missed him the last time too. I guess everyone's sick of the european electro! Gonna check it out myself.

Guest dudeitzdiesel

Indeed Lawler was my fav DJ also in 2003 and 2004 after this year's WMC performance he lost all his skill, the change of style in his music buried him alive ::)

Guest lulamishka

Oh I'm not sick of European electro. I just listened to Lawler 'cause I specifically liked the sound he was playing...but now his sound has changed (or evolved, whichever way you choose to see it). He's not playing what I want to hear him play. The kind of music I want to hear him play, the kind of music that I go to watch him play. I listen to other djs for that kind of stuff.

So I guess I'm nostalgic.

I just wish I could relive WMC '04 for just one more night. :) ::sigh::

Guest lulamishka

im there... yes he is playing electro influenced beats, but i have seen few of his latest tracklist and they are pretty good.

Got any recent sets of his?

Guest RzO

no way im missing lawler on the terrace...i really enjoyed the essential mix from last month, that is the most recent set i have of his....his style has changed soem with the electro stuff, but come on it seems like everyone is playing a lil electro right now, and his new remix of shapeshifters-back to basics is dope imo ..im sure he wont dissapoint especially upsatairs!! :o

Guest lulamishka

i really enjoyed the essential mix from last month, that is the most recent set i have of his....

I shall have to check that one out. 8) See what Steve's been up to lately...

Guest RzO

i really enjoyed the essential mix from last month, that is the most recent set i have of his....

I shall have to check that one out. 8) See what Steve's been up to lately...

its damn good..but i can understand peeps deal cause it is a lil different then the lawler of say a few years ago...still quality music and the skills lawler is known for ;)

Guest r3nz0

Here's my two cents...

When I think of Steve Lawler, I think of that dirty, dirty, dirty tribal sound. He was a pioneer for that sound and he perfected it. He had some of the most loyal fans in EDM and for damn good reason.

But, as of late, he has indeed changed his sound significantly and that's aight - I understand DJs change preferences. I mean, I absolutely love electro, but I already get my electro fix from Mylo, Miss Kittin, Tom Neville, etc. Seeing Lawler spin a more electro sound is kinda like watching Michael Jordan play baseball - something is just not right.

Lawler is still good and all, but I STILL remember those ridiculous basslines that he used to drop at peaktime that would make the walls shake. That's what I miss.

By the way, 'Lights Out 3' is scheduled to be released the first week of October. I'm eager to hear that.

Guest lulamishka

Here's my two cents...

When I think of Steve Lawler, I think of that dirty, dirty, dirty tribal sound. He was a pioneer for that sound and he perfected it. He had some of the most loyal fans in EDM and for damn good reason.

But, as of late, he has indeed changed his sound significantly and that's aight - I understand DJs change preferences. I mean, I absolutely love electro, but I already get my electro fix from Mylo, Miss Kittin, Tom Neville, etc. Seeing Lawler spin a more electro sound is kinda like watching Michael Jordan play baseball - something is just not right.

Lawler is still good and all, but I STILL remember those ridiculous basslines that he used to drop at peaktime that would make the walls shake. That's what I miss.

By the way, 'Lights Out 3' is scheduled to be released the first week of October. I'm eager to hear that.

Renzo, I couldn't have said it any better myself. 8)

Thank you.

Here's my two cents...

true...... lights out 3 ehhhh ill wait to hear reactions about it before i delve into it