Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MTV and the VMA's

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

Why doesn't MTV just make it official? Since you've already made the programming change, why don't you change your logo from this

bdlkat.jpg

to this

bdlk3l.jpg

The VMA's are a freakin' joke, and not just because it is a circus of hip-hop culture. I think Green Day said it best. As they accepted their award for "Best Rock Video" the lead singer said in his most sarcastic voice possible: "It's nice to know that rock music still has a place at MTV".

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mursa

...... can't watch more than 2 minutes without changing the channel .......

...simply pathetic ........Sheep/ Materialistic Culture at its best !

..I think i prefer seeing the hurricane graphic over and over and over .

Guest Axl_Rose

I hate Mtv and everything they do, they've become such Corporate Media Pigs.

Yeah you guys are right, it's like watching BET awards

Guest slamminshaun

Should've had an award titled "Longest Rap Sheet". There were plenty of nominees.....why MTV would even let a pedophile perform at the VMA's knowing that its watched by children is beyond me.

Check out R.Kelly's rap for those that don't know....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/rkmorph1.html

After he appeard on-stage, I went back to watching the hurricane crap....As an uncle and as a decent human being, I do NOT support pedophiles. I feel almost as passionate about this as I do the J.Lo thing.....

Guest Cosmigonon

Hmmmmm... when MTV started 20 years ago, the VMA's were almost 90% white artists and nothing but pop and rock music, and I don't think you guys were complaining about it. MTV's just a reflection of the popular culture of the moment, and it happens to be black music. I gues you're just waiting for it to be white again, right? ::)

Hmmmmm... when MTV started 20 years ago, the VMA's were almost 90% white artists and nothing but pop and rock music, and I don't think you guys were complaining about it. MTV's just a reflection of the popular culture of the moment, and it happens to be black music. I gues you're just waiting for it to be white again, right? ::)

di·ver·si·ty Audio pronunciation of "diversity" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-vûrs-t, d-)

n. pl. di·ver·si·ties

1. The fact or quality of being diverse; difference.

2. A point or respect in which things differ.

2. Variety or multiformity: “Charles Darwin saw in the diversity of species the principles of evolution that operated to generate the species: variation, competition and selection†(Scientific American).

Pop culture is not "black music" mtv pushs what it can sell plain and simple. They do not represent what people listen to and not all songs are made into videos.. Think all this black music as you call it makes money on tours? Try again the country guys and DMB will crush them all...

Guest musicalmissionary

Production quality was way better this year. Highlights were the live remote performances by The Killers from Hotel Victor and Mariah Carey from The National (her breasts and the production quality were beautiful).

Guest musicalmissionary

R. Kelly performance was a joke imo... what a fucking idiot..

Amen to that!! Definitely the lowlight of the show. Effin retarded.

Guest dj_release

saw about 10 minutes of the whole thin... couldn't stand it at all... performances where crap!!!

how about the closing?? she can't even sing!!!! it was all screaming... then the water came down.... tasteless!!!

oh well back to good music ;D

Guest tiltmiami

LOL...that was the worst 4 hour of my life...Jesus I'll never go to an MTV event, that shit sucked ass...how about Diddy given his watch away... i wish i had floor seats for that

Guest Fez

LOL...that was the worst 4 hour of my life...Jesus I'll never go to an MTV event, that shit sucked ass...how about Diddy given his watch away... i wish i had floor seats for that

what kind of watch did he have...??

had nothing else to do but to watch the VMAs up here in Jersey and dam it sucked aswell funny at times. Best part besides when Eva showed up was when 50 centavos dissed fat joe. :o Not that I care but it sure was funny.

Mtv is a biz and its all about whats hot(atleast to them) and hip hop.It will never be what it used to be with the 100 song countdown on sunday mornings and etc etc etc...its a shame cause I grew up and that and the nasty turn it has taken really suxs ass.Nothing we can do. :-\

Guest klubveteran

believe or not this year was more rock (green day) influenced than years past...however next year you know they will make it up by booking and making sure every crappy rapper gets an award.

although...

the saturday night party Ocean Drive threw at the Loews Hotel was :o :o :o :o :o

cant even explain the hotties that were there :-X

too much...

Guest trauma

Yeah, the VMAs were pretty corny. I never really like them to begin with, but whatever. I don't really care that it's more "hip hop" driven, because it has always been about what sells. 10 years ago hip hop didn't sell. Madonna sold, Celine Dion sold, Elton John sold ... as well as Beck, Aerosmith and a load of other rock bands. Back then, most of that was considered "pop". Now our culture has changed, just like it has every 10 years. In the 80s, Boy George, INXS, Michael Jackson, Debbie Gibson and many others like them were considered "pop". It seems that every 10 years we go through a change in what "pop culture" is in America. The reason, IMO, is because of the diversity in people. Who know, maybe Reggaeton will become "pop" music in 2015.

Anyways, I just accept things for what they are and do my best to make music and play music that I enjoy. And yes, I enjoy hip hop, house, disco, funk, rock, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, Classical, etc. I love all music.

had nothing else to do but to watch the VMAs up here in Jersey and dam it sucked aswell funny at times. Best part besides when Eva showed up was when 50 centavos dissed fat joe. :o Not that I care but it sure was funny.

Mtv is a biz and its all about whats hot(atleast to them) and hip hop.It will never be what it used to be with the 100 song countdown on sunday mornings and etc etc etc...its a shame cause I grew up and that and the nasty turn it has taken really suxs ass.Nothing we can do. :-\

how did 50 diss fat joe? i musta missed it

Guest slamminshaun

I'm not sure, but I heard "fuck you" being yelled out while Fat Joe was on stage....the censors either didn't care, or didn't hear it.