Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gas to go over $3 a Gallon by Noon???

Guest lyrik

Guest lyrik

Been hearing about and seeing the prices go up steadily...they are expected to reach $3.25 a gal. by noon. Just filled up and the gas stations are getting silly right now...better get out and fill up just in case.

Guest kcariaga

Really??? By today! I already have a full tank, but it doesn't last long since I work almost an hour from where I live.

Guest lyrik

Really??? By today! I already have a full tank, but it doesn't last long since I work almost an hour from where I live.

thats what I have been told and it seems like others have heard the same because the stations are getting jammed right now.

Guest skywalker01

unfortunately, it will only save a few bucks. sooner or later we'll have to fill up again and just be fucked.

Guest lyrik

unfortunately, it will only save a few bucks. sooner or later we'll have to fill up again and just be fucked.

I hear ya but when you are almost on E and have a 26 gallon tank...it helps a little..plus at least there is lower octane still avail. if that runs out the price jumps a good margin up...and for us smart v-8 owners ::) every little bit helps.

Guest Electric Eel

Today on the way to work I drove by some gas stations the first one was $2.69 a gallon for regular and then a minute later i passed another one for $2.99 a gallon for regular, I was like holy shit :o

This weekend after searching for a gas station that actually had gas I found one that only had super left, so I paid $2.99 a gallon for super just on Saturday. I can't believe that only a few days later regular cost just as much.

Guest General

$2.99 a gallon for regular, I was like holy shit :o

I can't help but wonder where the gas wil be by the end of the year :o

Guest Electric Eel

:-\ Scary thought

Guest beat junkie

what In dont understand is how they pay the lower price for the gas when the truck comes and then charge us more for that gas as the price index rises. I dont think they should charge more until the new truck comes with the higher priced gas.

Guest beat junkie

but they have incredible public transportation which means they dont have to rely on cars as the main form.

Guest AlanS

or after a couple more years :o

Glad I filled up yesterday for 2.69, but that only last so long >:(

Guest swirlundergrounder

At this rate a gallon of gas will cost more than a pack of cigarettes bought at Space by this time next year.......

Guest lyrik

It gets better - I heard stations are closing early today 4pm ???

Why?? ???

I don't know...but this one may just be a rumor or isolated closings...heard it in passing by another dept in my building.

Guest web_norah

time to start walking or using public transportation

i am glad i am not driving anymore.

how much is a pack of smokes at Space?

it can't be more than $5 - is it?

Guest RzO

time to start walking or using public transportation

i am glad i am not driving anymore.

how much is a pack of smokes at Space?

it can't be more than $5 - is it?

they r 5 at the giftshop norah...which i think is a damn good deal, sometimes when i have none on the way i just wait for the convenience of not stopping..one time i try to buy from the bathroom attendant...and he charge 7..lol..wtf

Guest james stratus

Katrina shut down Oil rigs and Gas refineries in the Gulf and in LA and TX. Closed refineries means less output of refined gas and higher gas prices. It is all BS really since Oil companies have about 6 months of refined gasoline sitting in storage tanks in reserve at all times.

At the pump the price goes up because gas station owners are informed by Oil company brokers or something to the for coming fluctation of gas prices, like a stock broker does. I don;t have a car ATM, but I need a bike too ::)