Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I can't get over the devesation in New Orleans and Ole Miss'

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

Sorry to post another thread about this. I pretty much am home watching my little girl during the day and while doing so I've had CNN on pretty much the whole day and I just can't get over what happened there in that area.

Now they have to move people from the Superdome which has no electricity and over flowing toilets to the Astrodome in Houston TX they're talking about..

Footage of endless people floating their belongings in storage bins and floating the injured on blow up beds..

Now that the wheater has cleared with temps reahing 96 degrees today you can really see that the damage go's as far as the eye can see...

I've been in a simular situation for hurricane floyd when it wiped out my college town and we had no food, water, way out, phones, power, cell phones etc...

I've only shot a gun once in my life for the boy scouts, I'm not a gun fan, but the cops came by and we were sitting on our lawn and he asked us if we had a boat since the whole town was going under, we said no, then he said "get your shit in order the power plant is going under water".. I turned to my roomate and said get the shotgun and he did just that. You are on your own when this shit goes down..

You canes fans should remember this, ECU beat UM at NC State.

Guest Devilicious

I remember Floyd. I was in NC at the time as well, but inland. That storm fucked up the coast something awful. Just recently one that came through forged a new inlet on the outer banks. (2 islands where one once stood)

Terry I can't blame you at all. Some of these personal stories they tell on the news are just gut-wrenching. And to think there are thousands of personal tragedies occuring as we speak.

Can you imagine being displaced from your home, only to be told you can't return for likely 2 months, and when you do return there is not going to be anything left? Faced with that prospect, I would imagine manyh families will start from scratch in other areas.

How about watching your husband or wife die because they can't get their medication or medical supplies they need. My heart goes out to these unfortunate souls, especially the ones who had no way of getting out of the city.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I remember Floyd. I was in NC at the time as well, but inland. That storm fucked up the coast something awful. Just recently one that came through forged a new inlet on the outer banks. (2 islands where one once stood)

Terry I can't blame you at all. Some of these personal stories they tell on the news are just gut-wrenching. And to think there are thousands of personal tragedies occuring as we speak.

Can you imagine being displaced from your home, only to be told you can't return for likely 2 months, and when you do return there is not going to be anything left? Faced with that prospect, I would imagine manyh families will start from scratch in other areas.

How about watching your husband or wife die because they can't get their medication or medical supplies they need. My heart goes out to these unfortunate souls, especially the ones who had no way of getting out of the city.

Yeah, remember I mentioned my friend I go to school with who is from N.O and both her parents lost both her houses? I was talking with her today and she said that all of her friends, family and everyone she knows who lives in N.O has lost everything!!! Her parents both say that there is nothing left....!! They're leaving New Orleans for good and moving to other states...

Guest JMT

damn, i have been watching the news nonstop since i got home. i cant get over this, the city is trashed. its going to take more than a decade to recover, if ever. practically every building has to be compromised from the water. this is as bad as people said it could be, but you never think it will be beforehand. not one single person who is alive there can be in any kind of comfort right now. unbelievable.

Guest swirlundergrounder

damn, i have been watching the news nonstop since i got home. i cant get over this, the city is trashed. its going to take more than a decade to recover, if ever. practically every building has to be compromised from the water. this is as bad as people said it could be, but you never think it will be beforehand. not one single person who is alive there can be in any kind of comfort right now. unbelievable.

I know. It's so unreal.. I mean I'm in shock from it. I can't imagine how people feel that are there right now. Is the damage done by Katrina worse than Andrew? I wasn't living here during Andrew and I think I was a little bit to young to really give a shit back then...

the damage is far worse

and andrew was a living hell

we had no power (mind u i was in kendall at time) for a month and stuff

what screwed those poor people in new orleans is the levvies

only able to withstand a category 3 storm. they could have built it to withstand more but i heard them say it wouldnt be cost effective that the price wouldnt justify itself.

i think new orleans is in a horrible location and who knows if it was up to me. as much as new orleans is so beautiful its not safe for people to even live in a city under sea level.

Ive also been watching the news nonstop for the last 3 full days...im heartbroken, sad, n just speechless...i dunno what to say...the more i see the footage the more sad i get, and i get the feeling of just giving my hand out to help those ppl in any shape or form...really makes you think bout what you have n give value.

very sadening day :-[

Guest Slide On The Ice

I know. It's so unreal.. I mean I'm in shock from it. I can't imagine how people feel that are there right now. Is the damage done by Katrina worse than Andrew? I wasn't living here during Andrew and I think I was a little bit to young to really give a shit back then...

Andrew was pretty bad, but once it was over, it was over. There wasn't anything like the flooding and continuing danger over there that keeps getting worse. And there were nowhere near the amount of dead as there are now with Katrina, a number that is still climbing.