Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What I love....

Guest rollyp66

Guest rollyp66

Since people are always complaining about our night life.. I decided to make a thread about what we love about it and our venues. So the rules are:

ex:

I love that I have the option of going out any night of the week and hanging out with geat people and hearing the music that moves me. I love Crobar's mainroom because it's not so dark, I can see what is going on around me and has incredible energy that goes along with it. From the crowd to the staff, it feels like a party!

MODS: Can we make this a sticky...

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

What I love is all the Different Choices in Club Venues.

Also all the different choices in Genre's we have in Miami, you can go from House to Hip Hop to Salsa-Merengue-Reggaeton.

Also whats great about our Nightlife is that we have clubs that allow us to get in for free by offering us a guestlist or password through Cooljunkie or by putting it on a promotional forms.

Another great thing about our nightlife is the fact of all the beautiful ladies that you see out about in our city. You have your Latin chicks,White chicks,Black Chicks, European Chicks, and on some occasion even your Asian Chicks.

The List goes on and on our Nightlife our culture cant be touched, we the tru Magic City 8)

Guest vaughan

I love the fact that we HAVE a scene.

I love the fact that I don't have to go anywhere I don't want to.

I love that I can listen to more diversity in music here in S. Florida than almost anywhere else in the country on any given night. House, Jazz, Latin influenced, rock, hip-hop... whatever... we have it.

I LOVE the fact that everyone complains about our scene... now leave! ;D

Guest coach

... The fact that there are multiple big clubs and many little clubs that play EDM at all. Many cities do not have that at all.

... That it is *hard* to make it in the nightlife business, whether it be club owners, DJs, promoters, or even bartenders. This weeds out the chaf and makes your nightlife experience so much better.

... That almost everybody actually looks in a mirror before going out. So many towns have so little sefl-respect that people go out in the same clothes they went to Wal-Mart in.

... How polite and friendly everyone is. You can actually get through most places without being pushed and stepped on. If people do bump you, they nearly always apologize.

... Beautiful weather, aside from the odd hurricane.

... Beautiful beaches.

... Beautiful women.

... Nearly always some festival or event going on.

... The plethora of open bars. It is unusual if we go even a week without being invited to some event that has at least 2 hours of open bar.

... The guestlists (this is uncommon or non-existant in many other cities).

... That our clubs are open and partying year round.

... That given enough perseverence, you can actually make a good living.

... The internationalism of Miami.

... The cruise ships coming and going every day.

... The constant feel that you are on vacation all year.

... That you are within easy driving distance of a large number of exciting tourist (and not so tourist) destinations.

... The lax police departments.

... The greenness of Miami.

... Tons of great restaurants nearby.

... That's all I can think of right off the top of my head. Basically, Miami is the *best* place to call home, South Beach being the best of the best.

Guest swirlundergrounder

What I love are the DJ booths in some of these clubs. They're built right....In a lot of other cities, they're built or set up totally wrong....

Guest barstar diana

the wmc.

I SECOND THAT!!

WMC is the epitome of what miami has to offer for night life

i also love that we have clubs open 24/7 !!

Guest obby

I like the fact that the number of individuals I can actually relate to regarding EDM has actually grown. I remember a time here in Miami where EDM was simply "Rave Music" to many. Not only has EDM come a long way but so has most of it's listeners. From calling it "Rave Music" to a calling it a specific genre tells me many have accepted our electronic underground and have even gone as far to educate themselves in knowing what makes a specific sound....a specific genre. Way back when many who were new to the scene had a mentality that the only way you could enjoy these type of sounds was to be on some sort of drug. Over time I've met many and know many that have evolved to the point where they now feel that......................................MUSIC IS THEIR DRUG!

To: "What's that song with the killer riffs and deep bass line that samples the beat from planet rock overlaid with the vocals from such and such person"

Now that's what I'm talking about! those are the people I look forward in hanging with and hold decent conversations with. And the numbers keep growing!

Oh yeah, and I love the fact we have the finest ladies in our melting pot of a city!

Well you asked

:)

Guest AlanS

The passion of our local clubbers, partiers, promoters, DJs, etc... out supporting week in and week out, the music and over all clubbing experience they love, keeping the scene alive.

The fact that we have some of the best audio installs in the country/world to listen to and spin on.

The dirty girls and cold beer... oh wait, thats pod's line ;)

Guest Seb

The thing I love the most is the fact that there is a scene here. Most people in Miami don't know what its like not to have a scene. Living in DC for 6 years I can tell you its not pretty. Maybe you don't like the clubs, music or people in this city but at least you have a strong EDM culture. Its the culture that keeps the music strong and alive.

Oh and I can't forget WMC ;D

Guest gmstenback

What I love about ....

All of the above, all the beautiful people, but I had to join to say

Gotta love you, Rollyp66 - great post I think we all needed to focus on the positive things today. ;)

Guest rollyp66

What I love about ....

All of the above, all the beautiful people, but I had to join to say

Gotta love you, Rollyp66 - great post I think we all needed to focus on the positive things today. ;)

Thanks! Exactly what I was thinking when I was thinking about it... we've had so much negativiety lately...things could be worst!

Back to the topic @ hand....

What I love... all the owners out there that help to keep our culture alive.... I know its a business but in the end they have to have a love for it too... Thank you!

Guest Electric Eel

I love:

Having so many choices of places to go and different music to hear.

All the extremely kind promoters/djs/bartenders/industry people that are always willing to take care of you.

Most importantly all the amazing people I have met and have become great friends with. If it wasn't for the scene in Miami I probably would not have met many of you.

Guest rollyp66

A quote from a classic track...

"You may be black, you may be white; you may be Jew or Gentile. It don't make a difference in OUR House"

Guest HouseJunkie

- I love House Music, the deeper the better - but not too deep.

- I love people who love House Music (except for Trance, those folks are kinda weird)

-I love hot Latin women who love house music (and those that don't too)

- I love clubs with sound systems that immerses you with House music.

-I love Miami because it's one of the few places that I can find the all the things I love.

Did I mention hot Latin Women?

P.S. I was j/k about the Trance, i knew it tick a few of people off.