Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roland vs Cedric discussion

V. Barbarino

Guest StormyGirl

Both of them suck, plain and simple ;D

LOL

I agree but if i have to choose one it will Cedric, Roland i think its just a "DJ" that got lucky with Space thats all (those are my 2 cents dont kill me now) Cedric is more about the personality that he has i think, other than repeatin the same tracks hes great

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Civs
LOL

I agree but if i have to choose one it will Cedric, Roland i think its just a "DJ" that got lucky with Space thats all (those are my 2 cents dont kill me now) Cedric is more about the personality that he has i think, other than repeatin the same tracks hes great

nice. way to jump right into the forum. both are good in my ears. they each have their own uniqueness, if i had to pick one, i guess it would be Cedric.

podster, first rule in djing is that djs are never never never friends. Unless they are big name stars who don't cut into each others paychecks.. If anyone really thinks og, roland, cedric, ivano, ralph, rudnick, cue etc etc are all friends then get your head out of your ass. They all really hate each other but will never admit it!

podster, first rule in djing is that djs are never never never friends. Unless they are big name stars who don't cut into each others paychecks.. If anyone really thinks og, roland, cedric, ivano, ralph, rudnick, cue etc etc are all friends then get your head out of your ass. They all really hate each other but will never admit it!

LOL

Guest LeVeL

Yeah it would be nice to see some Dj Controversy, something like how 50 cent doesn't get along with Fat Joe.

Dj's tend to act all friendly with each other, they praise each other they talk good about each other. For once I would like to see a named Dj catch beef with another Dj and show it with the music he plays and produces.

Just for a change

Guest Cosmigonon

podster' date=' first rule in djing is that djs are never never never friends. Unless they are big name stars who don't cut into each others paychecks.. If anyone really thinks og, roland, cedric, ivano, ralph, rudnick, cue etc etc are all friends then get your head out of your ass. They all really hate each other but will never admit it!

[/quote']

Yeah it would be nice to see some Dj Controversy, something like how 50 cent doesn't get along with Fat Joe.

Dj's tend to act all friendly with each other, they praise each other they talk good about each other. For once I would like to see a named Dj catch beef with another Dj and show it with the music he plays and produces.

Just for a change

...so EDM gets as retarded as hip-hop? No thanks.

Cedric is ight...

he's got the females... :o

Roland playes goood stuff...

and has more variety....once he played Infusion's- Do to you in '82...that was it...

i made my decision..and put him in my list right after LeMoch :D

btw...how come nobody plays that track...i know it's old...

but it's freakin' awsome.... ;D :o 8) :P

Guest durrtylexx

btw...how come nobody plays that track...i know it's old...

but it's freakin' awsome.... ;D :o 8) :P

WERD, I don't know why most jocks have to play the latest and the greatest ,and forget about older tracks that are wicked. variety is key!

Guest Josephmama

WE LOVE ROLAND!!!!!!!!!!!! :-* ;D

I never really got into cedrics music, not even back when he was at crobar. but thats just my opinion :P

LOL

that was just plain stupid.

LOL

Roland i think its just a "DJ" that got lucky with Space thats all

Shoot, I just noticed this post thanks to bobba lou. This chick is dumb......For Roland to hold down the patio and occasionally the mainroom for years at space, he must be good. No question about it. And we all know it.

Both of them suck' date=' plain and simple ;D

[/quote']

LOL

Roland i think its just a "DJ" that got lucky with Space thats all

Shoot, I just noticed this post thanks to bobba lou. This chick is dumb......For Roland to hold down the patio and occasionally the mainroom for years at space, he must be good. No question about it. And we all know it.

werd. roland is great and his record bag is infinite.

Guest biznation00

LOL

sweetie, it's doesn't matter what club "makes" you... but it's what you do after you are "made" that counts.

I think alot of people were curious to see what would happen of Roland after Space... well, here we are after almost a year later. The moral of this story is... There is a big wonderful world out there. Sure it's scary to let go of Daddy's hand and walk on your own, but if you don't try you'll never know. If you got the heart & you really want it, then give it your best & get out there. You might gather a scratch or 2 in the process. but one thing's for sure, the reward is greater than you would ever imagine back when you were holding daddy's hand...

On another note, Cedric's done a great job helping himself & with the support of some great teams... Back since his years @ the Living room, Crobar, Nikki's & now Space. Both are here for a reason. The rest is a matter of opinion...

Guest djqba

LOL

sweetie, it's doesn't matter what club "makes" you... but it's what you do after you are "made" that counts.

I think alot of people were curious to see what would happen of Roland after Space... well, here we are after almost a year later. The moral of this story is... There is a big wonderful world out there. Sure it's scary to let go of Daddy's hand and walk on your own, but if you don't try you'll never know. If you got the heart & you really want it, then give it your best & get out there. You might gather a scratch or 2 in the process. but one thing's for sure, the reward is greater than you would ever imagine back when you were holding daddy's hand...

On another note, Cedric's done a great job helping himself & with the support of some great teams... Back since his years @ the Living room, Crobar, Nikki's & now Space. Both are here for a reason. The rest is a matter of opinion...

Amen to that....

Guest ezgoing74

Roland the whole way..

I remember Roly from the old days of 609 and Mad jacks and from the old Space. Good Dj. And about him not jumping and doing some crazy shit like Paul Oak, It's O.k. He plays a good set and delivers new music. What else can you ask.

Guest Roxybella1

I think they are both very good DJs. I have seen them both and shared time with both and have no complains.

I first listened to Cedric when he use to spin at Crobar. It was awesome!!!!! I use to go to Crobar alot to listen to him spin, and I love his tracks. Even though you say he plays them over and over, but they are some hot tracks. I've listened to him at Space and I still think hes a doing a great job.

I first listened to Roland at Amika. and I also thought he was awesome! I use to go to his parties alot too. and I enjoyed them "always"..Nows hes at Nocturnal, Local Celebrity parties! and they are so much fun and crazy! great sets!

They are both great djs but different styles....Cedric spins more agressive tracks and Roland is more Funky. .They can have their days when its about entertaining the crowd. Ive seen Roland work the crowd many times! and the same goes for Cedric.

So in my opinion, I like them both and have no favorites. Honestly Roland and Cedric are the djs I have listened to the most. They both have been out for a while, so they must be doing some great stuff out there, to still be out there!

good luck to you Roland and Cedric, and keep it up ;) 8)

JUST CHUG! AND DANCE! AND YOULL HAVE FUN NO MATTER WHAT! :P

Guest dirtyhouse777

Roland is the man.... But I won't give Nocturnal single cent.

I'm curious....why is that?

nor will i. for me it's just the nature of the party. and i'm sure most of you know what i'm talking about...

Ummmm, I don't. And I'm quite sure I'm not the only one. Criticize all you want, but if you have a reason for your bitterness I think you should post it.

sorry to offend. i'm not bitter, like i said its just the style of the party. i'm sure most people see nocturnal and space are different. i simply prefer space.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

LOL

Good post Biz,

Roland has been rockin it since the Red Room alway's a class act, the first time I met him was after Fat Boy Slim's"Star69" came out and I was trainspotting, he was nice enough to tell the track and even talk for a minute or 2 during his set.

What I really respected about Roland more than any other DJ out there was the fact he wasn't afraid to "mix it up" , he wasn't glued to a specific format,and the crowd never complained they always ate it up.

I am so proud to have been able to be apart of that magic that he produced the first 2 year's at SPACE.

I caught Cedric a few times back in the days at Living Room, Nikki's, I think I remember a specific night he played with Michael Storms at CROBAR awesome night ahhhhh the memories.

Anyway's it's good to hear some opinions from some of 5 year plus veterans of Miami.