Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Better late than never...

Guest defunes

Guest defunes

I heard the most shocking quote last saturday morning at Nocturnal. I had just walked in and there was a furry looking guy mixing on the patio. I saw him mixing all vinil (thing that i hadn't seen in a while), so when he got off I chatted with the guy, he seemed cool and very french. After a few minutes Roland walked to the booth and started playing a nice soulful acapella..and then a techy track...anyway, I was still chatting with this french fellow (Alex from tokyo) when he said (insert annoying french accent here) " I AM LEAVING, DIS MUSIC IS FUCKING HORRIBLE MAN". What balls on this guy....Anyway I was about to throw him off the balcony when I realized only CJers would understand.

Guest barstar diana

i think the french sometimes think they are gods gift to the world

i mean when they didnt get the olympics, the response was...well at least our food is better than the english..lol

thats thier comeback ...

momi81.gif

I heard the most shocking quote last saturday morning at Nocturnal. I had just walked in and there was a furry looking guy mixing on the patio. I saw him mixing all vinil (thing that i hadn't seen in a while), so when he got off I chatted with the guy, he seemed cool and very french. After a few minutes Roland walked to the booth and started playing a nice soulful acapella..and then a techy track...anyway, I was still chatting with this french fellow (Alex from tokyo) when he said (insert annoying french accent here) " I AM LEAVING, DIS MUSIC IS FUCKING HORRIBLE MAN". What balls on this guy....Anyway I was about to throw him off the balcony when I realized only CJers would understand.

That's fucked up. What a turd.. :-X

Guest Sela V

There's something I've noticed over time... The real greats never have to shit on the next person to look good. I knew there was a reason I never made it to Nocturnal the night he played. And just for that, I will make sure that I stay and check Roland out the next time I go to Noc (even though I may need a Rockstar to make it through...)

Guest Sela V

Maybe there are DJs who hate each other sometimes - after all, there's the spirit of competition, and egos get involved, and people have preferences about what they like. But I would also like to think that alongside ego and competition there is also a respect for another player, just because they are equally in the game together. At any rate, my experience at the pool party last Saturday- watching many DJS working together and appreciating each other's styles makes me believe that no - all DJs do not hate each other...And if I'm in the minority on this thought, that's cool...

Guest rhythmburn

Maybe there are DJs who hate each other sometimes - after all, there's the spirit of competition, and egos get involved, and people have preferences about what they like. But I would also like to think that alongside ego and competition there is also a respect for another player, just because they are equally in the game together. At any rate, my experience at the pool party last Saturday- watching many DJS working together and appreciating each other's styles makes me believe that no - all DJs do not hate each other...And if I'm in the minority on this thought, that's cool...

well said sela v, and if you are in the minority on this one, i am standing right there next to you =)

most dj's that i meet seem to be good peoples

Guest Sela V

well said sela v, and if you are in the minority on this one, i am standing right there next to you =)

most dj's that i meet seem to be good peoples

Toe to toe...Bump to Bump... :)

Guest lavosdeldiablo

funny he would he say something like that .. i heard almost his entire set(alex from tokyo), and to say he was all over the place would be an understatment..

Guest swirlundergrounder

No not at all. We don't hate each other. We just hate other DJs with attitudes who act like the French and think that they are gods gift to the world...

Guest swirlundergrounder

8 out of 10 people I meet that are French are hella rude... And I meet a lot of French people where I work. All the British, Scottish, Irish and Germans that I talk to all agree with me..

'Zut Alore'!!!

Yeah I agree, some DJ's hate on each other. I've seen it first hand. But a truly great DJ will respect and appreciate another great one at work. A DJ who hates on another talented DJ is a short sighted scumbag, you can always learn from each other. In my opinion the best Dj's are the humble ones who are always trying to improve and learn from others. The cocky ones who think they are better than every body else, are the bitter dirtbags that never go anywhere. Well then again that's only my opinion. 8)

Guest defunes

Yeah I agree' date=' some DJ's hate on each other. I've seen it first hand. But a truly great DJ will respect and appreciate another great one at work. A DJ who hates on another talented DJ is a short sighted scumbag, you can always learn from each other. In my opinion the best Dj's are the humble ones who are always trying to improve and learn from others. The cocky ones who think they are better than every body else, are the bitter dirtbags that never go anywhere. Well then again that's only my opinion. 8)

[/quote']

I've always thought that the saying "never trust a skinny chef" applies to Djs someway too.. I love the guys that stay chilling after their set, listening to music, I love to see guys like Danny T who will step out and dance with the crowd. That's how you know they love the music. Djs should enjoy each others music, specially if it's a different style than what they play. But then again there's too mucn envious assholes out there. Oh and by the way I didn't mean that the guy was an ass because he was french, or because he was hairy...it was a just a cherry on top. ;)

Yeah I agree, some DJ's hate on each other. I've seen it first hand. But a truly great DJ will respect and appreciate another great one at work. A DJ who hates on another talented DJ is a short sighted scumbag, you can always learn from each other. In my opinion the best Dj's are the humble ones who are always trying to improve and learn from others. The cocky ones who think they are better than every body else, are the bitter dirtbags that never go anywhere. Well then again that's only my opinion. 8)

I've always thought that the saying "never trust a skinny chef" applies to Djs someway too.. I love the guys that stay chilling after their set, listening to music, I love to see guys like Danny T who will step out and dance with the crowd. That's how you know they love the music. Djs should enjoy each others music, specially if it's a different style than what they play. But then again there's too mucn envious assholes out there. Oh and by the way I didn't mean that the guy was an ass because he was french, or because he was hairy...it was a just a cherry on top. ;)

He's a scumbag, i can never respect a DJ like that.

8 out of 10 people I meet that are French are hella rude... And I meet a lot of French people where I work. All the British, Scottish, Irish and Germans that I talk to all agree with me..

'Zut Alore'!!!

+1