Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Metropolis last night

Guest Devilicious

Guest Devilicious

Thumbs up to the valets, door staff, and security. Friendly and efficient. :)

Lighting was great. Never annoyed me, went with the music, and seemed advanced to my uneducated eyes.

Music in the main room was decent. I really have no idea who was spinning. Good track selection while I was there with some old tracks and new and a couple I didn't know, but the mixing seemed to be missing something.

For the venue itself.... it was such an odd feeling to come into a club and not know my way around! lol. But one lap and it was quickly easy to navigate. I like the main room.

The bar is HUGE, which could turn out to be a downfall, but seemed to work well last night, though I never actually had the pleasure of speaking to any of the staff. It's located on the side, near the bathrooms. In general I liked the layout of the main room a lot.

I am not a fan of the location of the booth. I didn't even realize where the DJ was. Looked up. Ah. Couldn't see him, or what he was doing. VIP is too small IMO.

Briefly visited what I think was the world beats room. It was crowded, they were playing raggae, which is great for passing the peace pipe on a Sunday afternoon, but not my cup o tea for a club. Anyway I wasn't there long enough to make a good call on the room.

Saw where the ultra VIP Nile was, but didn't make an attempt at entry. it looked dead. I know this room is why they don't have a larger VIP in the main, but personally I don't think that's the best plan. We shall see. Saw where Azucar was, avoided it like the plague. Didn't see where the hip hop room was unfortunately, which I definitely want to check out next time.

Overall, nice place. I'm sure I'll be back. Especially for WMC... I can only imagine the madness. Nice work guys. Particularly for an opening, which can be disasterous for guests and staff, I would definitely call the night a success. I guess the true test will be this weekend!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

Great Review..eventhough there were a couple of run on sentences :P

So yeah I thought the Grand Opening was tonight? So from what day to what day is the club going to be open and what were they spining in the main-room yesterday?House,Trance?

Guest Devilicious

Great Review..eventhough there were a couple of run on sentences :P

So yeah I thought the Grand Opening was tonight? So from what day to what day is the club going to be open and what were they spining in the main-room yesterday?House' date='Trance?

[/quote']

LOL.... I don't see the run-ons, but then again you are the grammar master ;) (sorry I'm feeling feisty today)

Music in the main room was house.

I wish there had been more people dancing!

Guest barstar diana

Thumbs up to the valets, door staff, and security. Friendly and efficient. :)

Lighting was great. Never annoyed me, went with the music, and seemed advanced to my uneducated eyes.

Music in the main room was decent. I really have no idea who was spinning. Good track selection while I was there with some old tracks and new and a couple I didn't know, but the mixing seemed to be missing something.

For the venue itself.... it was such an odd feeling to come into a club and not know my way around! lol. But one lap and it was quickly easy to navigate. I like the main room.

The bar is HUGE, which could turn out to be a downfall, but seemed to work well last night, though I never actually had the pleasure of speaking to any of the staff. It's located on the side, near the bathrooms. In general I liked the layout of the main room a lot.

I am not a fan of the location of the booth. I didn't even realize where the DJ was. Looked up. Ah. Couldn't see him, or what he was doing. VIP is too small IMO.

Briefly visited what I think was the world beats room. It was crowded, they were playing raggae, which is great for passing the peace pipe on a Sunday afternoon, but not my cup o tea for a club. Anyway I wasn't there long enough to make a good call on the room.

Saw where the ultra VIP Nile was, but didn't make an attempt at entry. it looked dead. I know this room is why they don't have a larger VIP in the main, but personally I don't think that's the best plan. We shall see. Saw where Azucar was, avoided it like the plague. Didn't see where the hip hop room was unfortunately, which I definitely want to check out next time.

Overall, nice place. I'm sure I'll be back. Especially for WMC... I can only imagine the madness. Nice work guys. Particularly for an opening, which can be disasterous for guests and staff, I would definitely call the night a success. I guess the true test will be this weekend!

im going there tonite ill let u know if i find the rooms you couldnt lol ;)

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

Well let me start off with saying my review wont be to nice. It's my opinion and hope no one takes it too personal.

Over all I thought the club was pretty cool. It has a cool concept since there's 5 "arena's" as they say in one. I agree with Blings review the club does look like 'Its a small world after all' its very disney looking. Its not a bad thing but I felt like I was in Disney.

PROPHECY: The main room... HUGGEEE! In my opinion its a little exaggerated. The bar is huge as well, but the reasoning for that is just to occupy space because the main room is too big. I didnt get the memo that it was a 93.1 classics night... right before Bruno came on the music was HORRIBLE.. Bruno came on and it was a lot better. I think that there horn shouldn't sound like a train is about to demolish the main room. It sounds really bad. Also the gargoyles on the wall... not cool.

WORLD BEATS ROOM: Wasn't in there for that long because it was to crowded. Music wasn't bad for what it was. The decor was tasteless.

AMAZONIA: It reminded me of ANIMAL KINGDOM. Like that jungle feeling with plastic rocks and faucet water as a waterfall. I thought it was cool that they has a live band. There was cool vibe there. The band ended and the room wasn't to good.

The other rooms weren't open but it is true from what I saw of the hip-hop room its way to small. The Egyptian room was probably in my opinion the nicest.

I also thought that the cement patio flooring wasn't to appealing. Didn't look too good. I felt like I was at Bongo's or Casa Larios when I was ordering drinks because the bartenders were wearing guayavera's or however you spell it.

Soo there you have it my 'review'. Most of you might disagree but go check it out for yourself. 1-10 rating i'd give it a 4.

Well let me start off with saying my review wont be to nice. It's my opinion and hope no one takes it too personal.

Over all I thought the club was pretty cool. It has a cool concept since there's 5 "arena's" as they say in one. I agree with Blings review the club does look like 'Its a small world after all' its very disney looking. Its not a bad thing but I felt like I was in Disney.

PROPHECY: The main room... HUGGEEE! In my opinion its a little exaggerated. The bar is huge as well, but the reasoning for that is just to occupy space because the main room is too big. I didnt get the memo that it was a 93.1 classics night... right before Bruno came on the music was HORRIBLE.. Bruno came on and it was a lot better. I think that there horn shouldn't sound like a train is about to demolish the main room. It sounds really bad. Also the gargoyles on the wall... not cool.

WORLD BEATS ROOM: Wasn't in there for that long because it was to crowded. Music wasn't bad for what it was. The decor was tasteless.

AMAZONIA: It reminded me of ANIMAL KINGDOM. Like that jungle feeling with plastic rocks and faucet water as a waterfall. I thought it was cool that they has a live band. There was cool vibe there. The band ended and the room wasn't to good.

The other rooms weren't open but it is true from what I saw of the hip-hop room its way to small. The Egyptian room was probably in my opinion the nicest.

I also thought that the cement patio flooring wasn't to appealing. Didn't look too good. I felt like I was at Bongo's or Casa Larios when I was ordering drinks because the bartenders were wearing guayavera's or however you spell it.

Soo there you have it my 'review'. Most of you might disagree but go check it out for yourself. 1-10 rating i'd give it a 4.

ahh shame u didnt go into my two fav rooms azucar and hte nile.

amazonia is the worlds beats room btw

Guest Eddy Guerra

ahh shame u didnt go into my two fav rooms azucar and hte nile.

amazonia is the worlds beats room btw

we did go into azucar, thats what she discribed as the world beats room