Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Pod (My new digital camera) what do u think?

Bling

Sony Cyber-shot

5.1 Mega Pixel

3.0x Zoom

Dsc-T5

328.00 at brandsmart. its as thin as a credit card practically.

with 256 mb card that allows me to take up to 93 pics at 5 megapixels at "fine" quality.

with a lithuim battery at 200 picture battery life.

2.5 inch lcd screen

:)

double flash for those low light environment as well

whatcha think?

pricewise ?

capability wise?

link to product

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product_Id=4050801&JRSource=google.datafeed.SON+DSCT5

Guest saintjohn

Is it the right tool for the job?

Advantages: small, relatively inexpensive, compact, lightweight, and, um, small.

Disadvantages: it's not a full-size DSLR with a Canon sensor.

The camera in your pocket is always better than the fancy "digital imaging system" you left at home because it's too big, too heavy, and attracts too much attention.

Guest Civs

it's a practical camera. i bough the first generation of this one, the T1. great day time pics, but night time is a different story. hopefully they have improved that part of it.

Guest saintjohn

I want to be just like Pod when I grow up:

Canon D10 with dual battery grip

550 EX Speedlite flash

assorted lenses

ST-E2 Speedlite IR transmitter

From last week's shoot:

433402248f42d_m.jpg

Guest saintjohn

I thought you had an ST-E2 already. No? It totally rocks, except for the fact that the infrared signal it sends out to the 550EX trips my other strobe's optical slave just before the flash fires and the shutter opens. Result? Premature illumination. Looks like I need to invest in another 550EX, or maybe just a 420EX. Until then, I'll try to convince myself that single-source lighting is somehow morally superior.

Photo geeks unite!

Sony isn't bad for P & S...my only major beef is that they corral you into using Memory Stick with most of their models...they can't use a standard memory form factor like CF or SD.

Guest saintjohn
I have one, have had one for two years now

I thought so. So, tell me - what am I buying next? Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery and all that . . .

Guest Satan

bling i'll be very dissapointed if every shot you take from now on is not green tinted like the old camara.

dont leesten to these "so-called" camara experts! i taught pod everything he knows and although he's up late at nite he still cant get a vile green tint on people like you can!!!!!!!!

i say return this one and go back to the green tint..........its your signature man, WTF! :P

congrats on the new cam bling.

bling i'll be very dissapointed if every shot you take from now on is not green tinted like the old camara.

dont leesten to these "so-called" camara experts! i taught pod everything he knows and although he's up late at nite he still cant get a vile green tint on people like you can!!!!!!!!

i say return this one and go back to the green tint..........its your signature man, WTF! :P

congrats on the new cam bling.

lol

nice cam

i have no real complaints bout mine, none of my pix are that big in megapixels, but than again im looking to capture as many pictures as i can thru the weekend when im taking them...i dont really rely on zoom, personally i dont care much for it really unless im taking pictures of a big room, ect...im not a camera/photographer expert either, just like to take pictures 8)

Can I join in?

John , you need an IS lens for sure. the 70-200 2.8L IS is rediculous.

Here is my current gear list:

20D w/Grip|28-105 f3.5-4.5|70-200 f2.8L IS|10-22|580EX w/ ST-E2|Tripod 3021BPRO w/ 488RC2 Midi Ballhead & TC-80N3 Remote|Archos GMini 400|Tamrac Expedition 5

plus UV filters, extra batteries, chargers, and a whole bunch of other odd things

I was at 200 mm in very very low light and got this shot, You can see the pores on his face. Now that is sharp.

Paxahau_04.jpg

Guest saintjohn
20D w/Grip|28-105 f3.5-4.5|70-200 f2.8L IS|10-22|580EX w/ ST-E2|Tripod 3021BPRO w/ 488RC2 Midi Ballhead & TC-80N3 Remote|Archos GMini 400|Tamrac Expedition 5

20D? 580EX? Very nice! I did look at a number of Tamrac bags, but ended up with a LowePro for some reason. Maybe I'll have to bring my Zero Haliburton out of retirement, dings and all.

Beautiful picture, btw - as if you didn't know. Keep up the good work.

I got a 580EX recently myself. My 550 was fine, but the zoom head was stuck, so I now just use it as a secondary flash on manual for multi-light setups...the 580 is really nice as it seriously is about 2/3rds the weight of the 550, and smaller too...which comes in handy for me since I almost always have it crammed in my back pocket.

Plus, with bodies beyond the 20D, the 580EX supports ETTL-II and is aware of the sensor size, and adjusts output accordingly as not to waste battery life. I figure whether I stay in the 1.6x regime or go full-frame with the 5D, I've got a nice accessory. I only wish my BG grip was compatible beyond my current body. Oh well, if I can afford 3 grand for the 5D, another 200 bucks for the grip isn't gonna hurt that bad.